“Great Family Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Coral Coast
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Great Family Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed at the Warwick in late July this year as part of a round the world trip. W arrived at the hotel very early in the morning. We were dealt with cheerfully and efficiently. We were taken to breakfast on arrival while a room was cleaned for us. We really appreciated this as we were travelling with an exhausted four year old.

The room was clean but small. Nothing to complain about and with every we needed. The housekeeping staff were lovely and great fun for our son.

We had a full board package and paid extra to eat at the Wicked Walu and Italian restaurant on a few evenings. All the food was good and the staff helpful and friendly.

The location was beautiful and relaxing. It is a long way from the airport but that adds to its charm. The beach and snorkelling were fun. Lots of fish to see.

We would recommend this hotel to anyone with a family. We preferred the Suva Wing as the Nadi wing was very noisy but friendly. The staff are fantastic and we enjoyed the whole experience.

Room Tip: If you like a quiet holiday chose a room in the Suva wing
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank HGStaples
WarwickFijiGM, General Manager at The Warwick Fiji, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear HG Staples

Sunny greetings from us here at the Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa! Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and we greatly appreciate the positive comments.

I read with great pleasure your positive comments and they encourage us to continue striving to provide wonderful service and the team fulfilled your expectations as we are committed to deliver our best service to our guests to create a relaxing and enjoyable experience. As a team we work so hard to create a unique experience for every guest regardless of the reason for their holiday so reading that you think we achieve that is excellent.

HG Staples, we would like to take another opportunity to come and experience the Warwick hospitality.

Cole Mansfield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (721)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Centerville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in October 2013 to break up the long trip to New Zealand. I arrived at 7:30am after traveling over 24hrs from the US and was thrilled that they had a room already for me on the club floor. The entire staff could not be more genuinely friendly, caring, and they make an effort to learn and remember your name. The facility is beautiful and impeccably clean. There were lots of restaurant options and daily activities. I took the complimentary discover diving class held in one of there pools. The next day I took my first 2 dives at Beqa Lagoon. It was a great life experience and I highly recommend it. It was a very relaxing stay and I look forward to coming back for a longer length of time.

Room Tip: I was on. I stayed on the Club floor, which was very quiet. The nice perk is that you can use the C...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lisa G
WarwickFijiGM, General Manager at The Warwick Fiji, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Dear Lisa G

Sunny greetings from us here at the Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa! Thank you for your succinct review as it makes us so proud to read comments like yours, especially as you had chosen to spend your family holiday with us and discovered great diving off our shores.

I read with great pleasure your positive comments and they encourage us to continue striving to provide wonderful service and memorable experiences for our guests.Thank you for recognizing the effort of our wonderful staff, who pride themselves in delivering personal and memorable holiday experiences for all our guests.

Lisa G, we thank you once again.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Overall loved the resort and the family holiday experience. Fantastic environment; grounds and coral lagoon just amazing - the snorkeling was the highlight! The staff were great with the kids and generally very, very friendly. 'Fiji time' does apply in some cases but given we went there to unwind this worked well, this was the most chilled out I had been in a long time.

The facilities are generally very good. We shared a room with two children under 12 and it was a little tight for space and the aircon was very ineffective. Outlook from the room certainly made up for this however.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Greedy6872
Dear Greedy6872

Sunny greetings from the entire team here at the Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa! Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and we greatly appreciate the positive comments.

Greedy6872, we would like to take another opportunity to come and experience the Warwick hospitality.

Wairoa, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

A couple of months ago we attended a family wedding at the Warick Fiji Resort. The Wedding went without a hitch all good.
We decided to spend a few extra days after the wedding to enjoy sun and relax, as Mum & Dad were paying Daughter & Son thought it was a great idea.
From Management staff through to Room Service Staff you couldn't have asked for a more helpful group of people, always greeted with a smile and eager to ensure our time with them was enjoyable and memorable, which it was. The Warwick is not the newest Resort in Fiji, but if you are after a good relaxing holiday with exceptional service without breaking the bank you will enjoy the Warwick.

Room Tip: Any 2nd floor room overlooking the Swim-up pool/bar
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
WarwickFijiGM, General Manager at The Warwick Fiji, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Rob M

Warm and lovely greetings from us here at the Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa! Thank you for your short sweet review as it makes us so proud to read comments like yours, especially as you had chosen to spend your family wedding with us.

Rob M, we would like to take another opportunity to come and experience the Warwick hospitality.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed at the Warwick from 2nd to 9th October 2013.

Downsides first; the a/c did not work properly in our room - seemed like only blowing out air like a fan, not cooled and checked with other guests to ask if they had same issue which they did otherwise I would have asked for a repair person to attend.

Mains water was worked on - meaning no cold water for bathroom - shower included on late evening of 7th I think and 8th October until mid morning at least. Disappointed that no kind of notification was advised to us. I went to have a shower on evening of 7th and nearly burnt myself. Lucky I checked water before finally putting myself under shower head.

Upsides:-

This hotel has the friendliest, kindest and most helpful staff I have come across. The staff are just solid gold is how to best describe them. Our holiday in terms of our experience of the property from the interaction with the staff was wonderful. We always felt welcome and cared for. The staff were a little slow with the baby cot for our son but this is the only time we could fault them. When it arrived it was done with friendliness that has exceeded any hotel we have stayed at.

The staff made our son who turned 11 months old on the stay feel like he was on a family holiday. He is a happy boy but not only the ladies but men always made him feel like he was family and the ladies always assisted us to cuddle him whenever we allowed. They are like the aunts, uncles, sisters and brothers your child never new about. Even though the weather was hot and humid. The last few days especially the staff were always friendly and caring.

The staff never expected tips etc even though they went out of their way to make us feel like long lost family basically.

The staff advised us that they have bottle sterilisers for hire at the resort when we inquired about cleaning the bottles for our child who still takes a bottle of baby milk. We asked quite a few questions of the front desk staff at this time and they never were impatient just friendly like it was always our first question.

The hotel also arranged for a car at a cost to take us to the hotel from the airport and return and also for 2 other day trips. The two day trips were with different driver than from the one who drove us on the hotel airport return trips. All drivers were courteous and drove safely.

Our room was very nice, it overlooked the garden and was in a quiet part of the hotel. I would not like to be on the other part of the hotel where the hotel pool with swim up bar is located if you like peace and quiet. Nightly shows were put on so this would definitely suit someone who is not worried about going to bed early.

The hotel's spa was definitely a highlight of my holiday. I had two treatments while I was there and my therapist was Louisa. First treatment I had was a massage - signature massage. Louisa asked a little bit after the massage started if the pressure was okay. I thought this was very thoughtful and good as I advised her I had never had a proper massage before. The pressure on my back was perfect actually. I found Louisa very respectful of my modesty too!

I also had a Energie Facial. This was wonderful. I normally have facials at Ella Bache in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney and found it to be just as good a facial. I would recommend for anyone who would like to have a facial for the first time, someone wanting to relax on holidays or anyone who would just like a wonderful facial.

I found all the staff here friendly and kind.

The property grounds are very well maintained and I took quite a few photographs of the surrounds and also of the flora.

My husband and I said goodbye to the staff with thanks as they were so caring and friendly towards our son.

Amelia, Lidia, Varisala, Mary and all the ladies who were wait staff during our stay and not to forget to mention Louisa thank you for the great massage and facial. I was very relaxed afterwards.

We went into Sigatoka one of the days at short notice and our driver was Sam. Very courteous and his car was quite new, spacious and very well cooled with a good a/c. Sam offered to stop and get a car seat as one is not required by law in Fiji. By the time we could pick it up I decided not to use it as it was not required. Sam drove very safely and the traffic did not require it. Our driver to and from the airport was Mohammed and he drove at a safe speed and had a car seat as was pre-arranged for our trip(s) for our son.

Breakfast selection I found great. Healthy selections were available. I am on a low sugar diet and was able to choose fresh fruit - papaya was great with the natural yoghurt and also a selection of healthier seeded and brown bread was available. Cereal, bananas, croissants, banana bread (yum - my secret) were available as well as all the usual fare of bacon, beans etc.

Coffee which is half decent is available if you don't wish to purchase one from the barista who makes it with a proper coffee machine found in a cafe for those who require. I managed to live without barista made coffee whilst on holidays.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool on the NE & NW side are the quietest away from where the swim up bar is...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank inspiredbytravel1
Dear inspiredbytravel1

Warm and lovely greetings from the entire team here at the Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa! We sincerely thank you for providing us with your feedback in-regards to your stay with us.

It is disappointing to hear that your stay did not meet all your expectations. I apologise for the shortfalls you encountered with air-con unit and the cold water in your room and whereby your comments have been noted and forwarded to the relevant departments to look into. While we never want to hear that someone’s stay is less than perfect, we always appreciate the opportunity to hear from our guests on what we can do to improve our services.

Your experience is contrary to the high level of service we strive to maintain, and of which you have every right to expect at the Warwick.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and providing us with your feedback.

Please know that your patronage of the Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa is valued, and we would welcome another opportunity to serve you.

Walcha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

After 7 nights in Paradise and just reading another not so good review its hard to believe it was the same place. I would be very disappointed too if I had a similar experience to some oher travellers and we can all only report on what we experienced and it was our first overseas trip although we are well travelled in Australia .

First up you are isolated, no restaurants, pubs, clubs shopping etc you are pretty much heading to a beautiful stretch of coastline to stay at a resort, relax and maybe visit a village and do a waterfall trip its not the Gold Coast. Sorry there are actually 3 shops at the resort which are fantastic, sell some lovely clothes swimwear, perfume, souveniers, daily needs, snack etc. There is an ATM. Yes its the 2 hour drive in a coach or mini bus, next time I would get a taxi at airport much cheaper as you just pay for the taxi not pay for each passenger and it also goes direct to resort where coach drops of at other resorts so it takes half the time. We actually enjoyed the drive anyway see the real Fiji and some of the scenery of the beautiful Coral Coast. we arrived to a wonderful welcome and were taken to our lovely room overlooking the pool and through to the beach. We did ask for a room in the Suva wing as we have no children but it was being renovated but were very happy with our room. Trying to think of all the things I wanted to know when you go to somewhere you have never been before......Definately recommend the all inclusive package meals & drinks if of course you dont mind a drink or two. There are no restaurants close by so dont go there thinking you can eat out cheaper! Yes there is a place to buy beer just up the beach and if you bought duty free you can buy mixers but considering my husband and our friends gave Fiji bitter (they loved it) more than a nudge day and night and I came back with 3kg extra largely due to Pina Colada comsumption, we had a rum or two at night sometimes a port and finished the night with a lovely coffee all included in our package as was water and soft drinks. The drinks were always ice cold and the coffees some of the best we have had anywhere. NB our friends did not do all inclusive package but unless you have the meal package the drinks package isnt available on it own. When we checked out all we had to pay for was a $100.00 account for internet for up to 3 devices for a week. Very happy as we saw many guests during their stay trying to reconcile accounts with staff.

Buffet breakfast was beautiful, we loved the Italian restaurant our favourite and the poolside BBQ, the Sunset bar from about 4 was a highlight everyday.

Staff were wonderful and definately made our Fiji visit what it was just wouldnt have been the same with some foreign backpacker behind the bar etc no offence to backpackers :)

Just up the beach are little shacks that sell typical souvenirs, do massages and of course hairbraiding. The ladies there are gorgeous and so friendly my daughter and I often just wandered up for a chat.

Resort grounds are immaculate and every where you look is like a postcard.

Other things I have read in reviews, yes I agree it smelt a little damp but never really noticed it after the first day and definately never saw any evidence of mould, some say this is fairly normal in the tropics. We did have an issue with pool beach towels but only cause we wanted extras so we just tracked down a housemaid there was always one close by doing a room and grabbed a couple.

The snorkelling gear was a problem as were the pool lounges and the supposedly adults only pool at the Suva wing but only because of rude inconsiderate guests !!!! These are three things that really need to be addressed by the resort NOW !!! Snorkelling gear is for your use for 1/2 hour then return it dont leave it with the pool lounge you have just left your towels on so noone else can use and then disappear for a meals , drinks, village tour, get the picture ! If noone else is waiting on it well go for it have it for another 1/2 hour. Resort if its not returned charge the room a fee !.

With a poolside room and being early risers we saw it every day. Mums heading down to the pool literally at the crack of dawn "reserving" lounges by placing kids floats and toys, cooler bags etc on them. We then watched throughout the day as many people like us couldnt find anywhere to sit because these people had there stuff everywhere even when they werent using the pool area. By then end of the stay if we knew the owners of the stuff werent there we would help others guests looking for a lounge move the stuff to have the seats. Resort no reserving pool lounges !

Suva Wing pool NO KIDS ALLOWED needs to be inforced adults only even parents with children who might be enjoying a break while littlies are at kids club we befriended agreed.

I am finishing on a positive note because we loved it and will be back next year for sure. I definatey think its a 4-5 star resort, like any holiday it would be terrible if the weather was bad and I definately wouldnt recommend going in peak season but I wouldnt recommend going to any holiday resort in peak season and if you dont have children DO NOT go in school holidays. Cannot recommend the resort highly enough an awesome experinec and a holiday we will rember with a smile for many years to come

Room Tip: Adults only who prefer not to have children jumping around in pool or running around choose the Suva...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank tenoctober
Dear tenoctober

Warm and lovely greetings from the entire team here at the Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa! Thank you for your succinct review as it makes us so proud to read comments like yours, especially as you had chosen to spend your family holiday with us.

We are pleased that you enjoyed a renewing stay with us and we are thrilled to hear that you & your family had a wonderful stay and that our resort facilities, services and team fulfilled your expectations as we are committed to deliver our best service to our guests to create a relaxing and enjoyable experience.

tenoctober, we would like to take another opportunity to come and experience the Warwick hospitality.

Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

I couldnt wait to write this review..this is purely my experience with my family & I can appreciate that some people didnt have a good one.
I was also concerned reading some of the reviews but boy was I suprised!
Ok let me begin.. the Warwick is situated approx 2hrs from the airport, we organized a "private" transfer which I HIGHLY RECOMMEND unless u want to stop at other resorts on the way to drop guests off..it will take you MUCH Longer. OK..im going to give you lots of helpful tips a little later..
The resort is beautiful! PARADISE!
We booked an ocean room which had amazing views of the pool gardens & ocean..room 297 is newly renovated. Ask for a newly refurbished room. We had no issues with mould, smells etc as other reviews noted.

STAFF: Are very friendly & cheerful..I loved them all.

RESTAURANTS: Delicious! Vegetarian & gluten free diets are well catered for. The only one we were slightly disappointed in was Japanese however, alot of guests were raving about it.

SPA: AMAZING! I have had lots of facials, massages etc in my life time & the treatments are fantastic.

THE BEACH: OMG! What can I say??
Beautiful! Crystal clear in most parts..it was like swimming in a warm bath.

WIFI: $12 fjd an hour..other options too.

Ok..I want to clearly express something to you to help you enjoy your holiday. Please dont get frustrated if things dont happen when you want them too..for example if your drinks or meals take time to arrive..sit back relax..thats why your there..and who cares if your tv doesn't work? Ours didnt either..if your not a patient person then im sorry to say FIJI is not for you.

IMPORTANT TIPS:
If you have organized a private transfer, get your driver to stop at a supermarket to stock up on water & other things like we did. Theres one 5min from the airport.
DO NOT buy water from the resort. . $10 fjd a bottle.
At the beach..turn right walk along & you will see some ladies in huts who sell cheap water, chips etc they also do braiding & massages. Now be careful..These women are not professionals in massage..my friend got bruises all over her legs..I had one too & although it was nice I would rather have one at the spa..trust me!
Theres also a guy there who organizes a tour to a local waterfall..fantastic! We had a great day well worth it.. but dont do the lunch one..I heard they just provide you with a tuna sandwich lol.
If you want alcohol? ? Past those ladies a bit further down you will find a mini bottle shop...

DAY TRIPS: Castaway or Mana islands..must see.
ROBINSON CRUSO ISLAND. .great day! Lots of fun & activities. .highly recommend it.
Nearly done. . The coral coast can get very windy so be prepared. .but it usually dies down in the arvo.
Ask for a room as far away as possible from the night club as it goes on till 1am most nights.

LASTLY, have a great time & dont worry about little things..we were so relaxed we didnt care & you wont either. Always check your bill as mistakes are made..get a copy of your bill & pay as you go to reception.. cash is not accepted in the restaurants.

To the management and staff, thankyou so much for making our stay a comfortable one and a memorable one..Thanks so much Simon & Cole..we loved Fiji & the Warwick & cant wait to return xx

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank Koolitsa
Dear Koolista

Sunny greetings from us here at the Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa! We sincerely thank you for providing us with your feedback in-regards to your stay with us.

Thank you for taking the time to review Warwick and for all your wonderful comments. I apologise for the shortfalls you encountered whereby your comments have been noted and forwarded to the relevant departments to look into. While we never want to hear that someone’s stay is less than perfect, we always appreciate the opportunity to hear from our guests on what we can do to improve our services.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Coast
Naviti Resort
#1 of 3 in Korolevu
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,838 reviews
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa

Been to The Warwick Fiji? Share your experiences!