“Amazing service, beautiful people”
Review of The Warwick Fiji

The Warwick Fiji
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Coral Coast
Adelaide, Australia
“Amazing service, beautiful people”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My partner and I travelled to Fiji in Jan 2013 for our first overseas trip together and we were so happy with the Warwick. At the airport we were greeted by the staff transferring us to the resort - they were very welcoming, friendly and took our luggage to the bus for us. We had to wait 30mins to be transferred due to other passengers from other flights however we did not mind. The trip is also 2hours through very narrow and twisty turns roads but we saw this as an excellent opportunity to see the island. When we arrived at the resort we were welcomed with a big BULA! We were walked to our room by a very friendly staff member which we thought was excellent service and something we have never experienced in Australia. The room was clean and everything was working - there was nothing we could fault. The room was cleaned daily and the cleaning staff were very polite and friendly. We enjoyed all the pools and thought they were very clean and well maintained. We also enjoyed snorkelling, swimming and canoeing on the reef. We ate at all of the restaurants and found the prices were reasonable and the food was delicious - my partner is extremely fussy and he enjoyed every single meal. We found the tours great! Shopping in town was enjoyable and it was good to be able to see another part of the island. We also did the village and waterfall tour which I highly recommend. The village is absolutely stunning and its a great opportunity to experience Fijian culture and food - the villagers were fun and made us feel right at home. I also highly recommend swimming at the waterfall! Overall we enjoyed our experience and believe that the staff are absolutely amazing. Every staff member greeted us with a smile and was always willing to help and answer questions. I cannot commend the hard working staff enough - the beautiful people of Fiji are what made holiday so enjoyable. It is definitely a place I would recommend to others! Thank you to the staff at the Warwick xx

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tliana
WarwickFijiGM, General Manager at The Warwick Fiji, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Tliana

Sunny greetings from the Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa! Thank you for taking the time to review your amazing stay and we greatly appreciate the amazing comments.

We are pleased that you enjoyed a renewing stay with us and we are thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that our resort facilities, services and team fulfilled your expectations as we are committed to deliver our best service to our guests to create a relaxing and enjoyable experience.

Tliana, we would like to take another opportunity to come and experience the Warwick hospitality.

Cole Mansfield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (768)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 6 November 2013

At first I was dubious to stay on the Coral Coast, however I would happily recommend the Warwick to anyone.
We felt at home and a part of the family. All the staff were amazing, welcoming and helpful. We loved seeing the real Fiji.
Only disappointment was a pair of sandals going missing.
The gluten free options at breakfast were a bonus.
And we got a complimentary upgrade :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Clarisa R
Dear Clarisa R

Sunny greetings from us here at the Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa! Thank you for your short sweet review as it makes us so proud to read comments like yours, especially as you had chosen to spend your holiday with us on the Coral Coast!

Clarisa R, we look forward to welcoming you back and experience the Warwick hospitality.

N.E Victora
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We have just returned from a week at the Warwick (we being Mum,Dad,12 yr old and 9 yr old).

**Here's my top traveling tip**
Pack a hand luggage bag with toiletry essentials, your swimmers and a change of clothes. If your suitcases don't make a connection then your bags will arrive in "Fiji Time" - ours took more than 24 hours !

The Warwick is just under a 2hr trip - but the bus was air conditioned and not too bad (Pacific Destinationz)

*Suite which had King sized bed and I was pleasantly surprised to find 2 single beds in the lounge area for the kids (I was expecting a sofa bed). It is a great configuration for those with older children.
*Bathroom was a reasonable size with 2 sinks, a small bath and great powerful shower.
*Balcony had a lovely view of both the magnificent garden and the ocean.
*Spa runs outside all night - quite noisy
*Pillows were like bricks
*Aircon excellent - We turned the air con off at night because it was too cold - but actually you're better leaving it on otherwise everything gets really damp.

The suites are in the quiet wing, away from the nightclub and restaurant area. It suited us just fine, even though we spent most of our time at the other end of the resort.

As part of our package we were supposed to get a welcome drink on arrival and a fruit basket. We received neither. After 5 requests the fruit basket did eventually arrive and also included a bottle of bubbly. It was only due to Tripadvisor that we were aware of the Club Lounge Access that comes with a suite. We had to ask for details of where and when the lounge was open. In a 5 star hotel I think it is fair to expect that these minor details are attended to (and that you don't have to ask literally 4 times). There could be more helpful info given at checkin

We were not aware until midway through the stay that food packages were available. Would have been handy to know this at the time of checking in. As it happened we spent less on food than the cost of the packages (with kids eating free, huge breakfast included then hold out for afternoon tea in the lounge. There is also a Warwick Card that you can buy. You get 2 free cocktails per room per night and other assorted discounts for a once off $25 AUS. However, staff were pretty confused about the whole thing on checkout and I only received a 10% discount which is not how I read it. You may get more out of it if you get the card prior to booking. I will be following up on this.

We resisted traveling overseas for some time as our 9 yr old has a peanut allergy. I emailed the Warwick beforehand and the Head Chef Brian sent me a lovely reassuring email with his contact details and an invitation to meet with him on our arrival. Brian was incredibly understanding and helpful and with his assistance we had an uneventful trip. My only suggestion to the Warwick (and I have seen this in Langham and Hilton Hotels) is to have Allergen warnings on the food to make life easier.

With regards to the food, on talking to others, they were really happy with the themed buffet selections. We did try to Italian restaurant which was average and the seafood restaurant where the food was excellent (not cheap but awesome location and great food). I like to enjoy local food and the Indian night (that we had on the festival of Diwali) was the best food that we had. Very authentic, very tasty food. The other cuisines just seemed to lack something and were average. They were nicely presented with a wide selection but lacked seasoning and it left me wondering whether the food was being tasted when being prepared. I think not. The curries on the other hand were perfectly seasoned and yum. Do yourself a favour and order a curry at lunch time.

The free snorkeling a kayaking were brilliant. I did take my own snorkel gear but in the relative calmness of the lagoon both were easy, safe and fun. A list of activities was left in the room every day - one for the kids and one for adults. We barely saw our children thanks to the vibrant and energetic CK and crew. CK was like the pied piper. A string of children following him every where. They truly enjoyed every second of his time and he was just fabulous with all of them. He well and truly earned his tip and I hope he received it (I left it in an envelope addressed to the General Manager).

We enjoyed our child free trips to the Club Lounge thanks to CK and were attended to by the lovely Matelita. She was amazing. Not only did she learn everyone's names but also remembered what we liked to drink. If there was ever an example of the kind of service I expect in a 5 star establishment then Matelita is it.

Overall the Warwick has many staff that is should be proud of. The service was generally excellent,the grounds are beautiful, the pools were excellent (spa wasn't working), location and beach just perfect, weather was great (just the odd short downpour at about 2pm on the dot) and we had a brilliant time : )

PS
Dear Warwick Management - The Shangri la serve their guests a small buffet breakfast at the entrance and provide tea/coffee for those with 4am starts. This was a nice touch and would have been appreciated at the Warwick !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MumDadAndTwoKids
Dear MumDadAndTwoKids

Warm and lovely greetings from the entire team here at the Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa! Thank you for your succinct review as it makes us so proud to read comments like yours, especially as you had chosen to spend your family holiday with us.

We are pleased that you enjoyed a renewing stay with us and we are thrilled to hear that you & your family had a wonderful stay and that our resort facilities, services and team fulfilled your expectations as we are committed to deliver our best service to our guests to create a relaxing and enjoyable experience. We apologize for any shortfalls encountered during your stay.

MumDadAndTwoKids, we would like to take another opportunity to come and experience the Warwick hospitality.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband and I have just returned from the Warwick after spending a magnificent 6 days enjoying their hospitality. This is a fabulous resort and an wonderful location for our first Fiji trip. The check-in process took around 5 mins! and then the delightful Jale escorted us and our luggage to our room. As for the staff nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are spotless, the service was great (no sign of the "Fiji Time" that everyone talks about). Our room was near the nightclub (and I hate noise when I'm trying to sleep!) and it really wasn't as bad some people make out (your on holiday so chill). Although we didn't use them, the pools are very well maintained and lots to do for the kids. Our preference was for the beach which was just idyllic, even for the tiniest of children, being in a lagoon it is very very calm. It was also my first foray into snorkelling, once I got over the panic attack it has to have been one of the highlights of the trip - and you don't even need to go out very far. Some of the fish swim right up to the shore line and you can literally be standing ankle deep and watch them go past. Would we go back? definitely.

Room Tip: If you don't want any noise and prefer a pool with no children request this at the time of booki...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CMACOZ
WarwickFijiGM, General Manager at The Warwick Fiji, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear CMACOZ

Sunny greetings from us here at the Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa! Thank you for your succinct review as it makes us so proud to read comments like yours, especially as you had chosen to spend your family holiday here in paradise.

CMACOZ, we would like you to come and take another opportunity to come and experience the Warwick hospitality.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My partner and I travelled to The Warwick Resort for one week in October 2013 and this was honestly the best time of our lives. The best part of this experience was the staff! They are the most kind and beautiful people I have ever met! 10/10! Everything about this resort is amazing. The food is delicious, rooms are made up beautifully by the staff and the scenery is just gorgeous. Great for all age groups. So many activities to choose from, very clean also. I could not fault one thing about this resort, I do not understand how people could write a bad review its the most amazing place I've ever been. Definitely planning to go back next year! I miss the Warwick family already! Highly recommend this resort to couples, family's EVERYONE!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
WarwickFijiGM, General Manager at The Warwick Fiji, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Malia Y

Warm and lovely greetings from us here at the Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa! Thank you for your short sweet review as it makes us so proud to read comments like yours, especially as you had chosen to spend your holiday with us.

Malia Y, we look forward to welcoming you back and experience the Warwick hospitality.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed at the Warwick in late July this year as part of a round the world trip. W arrived at the hotel very early in the morning. We were dealt with cheerfully and efficiently. We were taken to breakfast on arrival while a room was cleaned for us. We really appreciated this as we were travelling with an exhausted four year old.

The room was clean but small. Nothing to complain about and with every we needed. The housekeeping staff were lovely and great fun for our son.

We had a full board package and paid extra to eat at the Wicked Walu and Italian restaurant on a few evenings. All the food was good and the staff helpful and friendly.

The location was beautiful and relaxing. It is a long way from the airport but that adds to its charm. The beach and snorkelling were fun. Lots of fish to see.

We would recommend this hotel to anyone with a family. We preferred the Suva Wing as the Nadi wing was very noisy but friendly. The staff are fantastic and we enjoyed the whole experience.

Room Tip: If you like a quiet holiday chose a room in the Suva wing
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank HGStaples
WarwickFijiGM, General Manager at The Warwick Fiji, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear HG Staples

Sunny greetings from us here at the Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa! Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and we greatly appreciate the positive comments.

I read with great pleasure your positive comments and they encourage us to continue striving to provide wonderful service and the team fulfilled your expectations as we are committed to deliver our best service to our guests to create a relaxing and enjoyable experience. As a team we work so hard to create a unique experience for every guest regardless of the reason for their holiday so reading that you think we achieve that is excellent.

HG Staples, we would like to take another opportunity to come and experience the Warwick hospitality.

Centerville, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in October 2013 to break up the long trip to New Zealand. I arrived at 7:30am after traveling over 24hrs from the US and was thrilled that they had a room already for me on the club floor. The entire staff could not be more genuinely friendly, caring, and they make an effort to learn and remember your name. The facility is beautiful and impeccably clean. There were lots of restaurant options and daily activities. I took the complimentary discover diving class held in one of there pools. The next day I took my first 2 dives at Beqa Lagoon. It was a great life experience and I highly recommend it. It was a very relaxing stay and I look forward to coming back for a longer length of time.

Room Tip: I was on. I stayed on the Club floor, which was very quiet. The nice perk is that you can use the C...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lisa G
WarwickFijiGM, General Manager at The Warwick Fiji, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Dear Lisa G

Sunny greetings from us here at the Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa! Thank you for your succinct review as it makes us so proud to read comments like yours, especially as you had chosen to spend your family holiday with us and discovered great diving off our shores.

I read with great pleasure your positive comments and they encourage us to continue striving to provide wonderful service and memorable experiences for our guests.Thank you for recognizing the effort of our wonderful staff, who pride themselves in delivering personal and memorable holiday experiences for all our guests.

Lisa G, we thank you once again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Coast
#1 of 3 in Korolevu
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Been to The Warwick Fiji? Share your experiences!