We stayed for a week at the warwick in march 2006. We arrived late on a monday night (ring ahead to check if your flight is running late, we didn't!) and our wedding ceremony was on the friday. I'm glad we had a chance to acclimatise to the humidity, as it was really warm. The heat was wonderful though, very relaxing.
The warwick isn't a posh hotel, nor is it a complete bogan hang-out, its somewhere inbetween. There were a fair few middle-aged people, but also quite a lot of families. The service was pretty good, after you get your head around Fiji Time... you really have to go with it. Order lunch an hour before you actually want to eat it, make your own adjustments... as there really is no point in trying to hurry the staff. And the food was very good. We ate at all the restaurants, and our favourite was the wicked walu island.
The absolute magic of our stay was being on the all-inclusive food and drink package (booked through travel agent). The wristband wasn't the most stylish thing to wear, but if you ask to put it on yourself, you can attach it loosely and slip it on and off at will. This meant that all our drinks and meals were included... and very good value, as the food was sydney restaurant prices. One thing that they don't let you know (we found out when organising our wedding reception) was that they had just introduced a set menu at both the seafood and italian restaurants on the all-inclusive package. This means we weren't limited to the buffet, and didn't eat there once. I really don't think this was a well-known fact, as it wasn't written in the information you get on check-in.
The facilities were great, the pool was wonderful... 35 degree water you just slip into, and no complaints about the swim-up bar and the delicious free ice-creams!
The guys in our party got into all the adventurous/physical things on offer like the scuba diving ($135), archery, snorkelling, mountain biking, squash and tennis etc and had a great time. Likewise, did the girls who just took it easy by the pool.
The rooms were fine, my only quibble was the mustiness of the pillows and a slightly damp odour. It is a tropical climate, though!
The wedding co-ordinator was wonderful, and the wedding itself was a dream.
A tropical storm cleared just in time for us, and the wet-weather alternative wasn't very good (opening up the nightclub). So lucky the rain cleared to a beautiful sunset.
It was sunny for at least a major part of the days, although on half the days we got a lunchtime shower for a couple of hours. Keeps the sunburn to a minimum anyway. A good time of year to go, I think. It wasn't too windy at all.
A great place to stay with a group of people, and a beautiful setting for a wedding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Warwick Fiji is uniquely located on a stretch of brilliant gold sand beach with crystal clear lagoons on Fiji's famed Coral Coast. It is nestled among acres of lush tropical gardens and has long been regarded as one of Fiji's premier holiday destination. Boasting a total of 248 carefully decorated rooms and deluxe suites, The Warwick Fiji strives to offer every discerning traveler with the opportunity to fully enjoy a tropical and culturally rewarding Fijian holiday experience. The Resort offers a fine selection of exquisite dining options, including Italian, Japanese, Seafood and alternating nightly International themed buffets which are complemented by a choice of 7 bars including a swim-up pool bar. The Warwick Fiji also boasts excellent conferencing facilities and its team has the versatility and the expertise to ensure that your next meeting or event is successful. An exotic location coupled with its picturesque garden setting also makes The Warwick Fiji an ideal weddings and honeymoon destination. Truly a favorite amongst couples, families, groups and senior travelers, The Warwick Fiji is your perfect choice for an unforgettable and inescapable tropical holiday experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Warwick Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Fiji Resort And Spa
- Warwick Fiji Hotel Coral Coast
- Warwick Fiji Viti Levu
- Warwick Viti Levu
- Fiji Warwick
- Viti Levu Warwick
- The Warwick Fiji Hotel
- The Warwick Fiji Coral Coast