“TOPPP!! excellent value for money!!!”
Review of Hotel Dorion

Hotel Dorion
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Ornos
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I booked this hotel online and i wasnt very sure about it untill we arrive and saw the place.
Dorion hotel is one of the best hotels in mykonos. It's amazingly well located ( very close to all mykonos 3 mins to ( ornos beach )and 10 mins from all the other beaches ( paradise beach, psarrou , platys galios . The location is very peaceful and calm and the view is very very nice.
We used to sleep with windows open with a view of all the boats of ornos beach with their lights on.
The breakfast was soooo good . We had a variety of so many things.
The staff is very very kind and they all speak good english . They tried everything to get us a cab on time the day of our departure because our taxi didnt come.
There is a pool for every two or three rooms and they are all very well maintained and clean.
You could also chill at night by the pool, the music is loungy and not loud.
But I would maybe suggest to renovate the bathrooms and put some curtains to the shower because floor gets wet every time we shower.
I highly recommend this place and I will definitely come back again when visiting mykonos next year.

Room Tip: "room 26 " has one of the best views
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 July 2013

The hotel was excellent, with top amenities in a convenient location!!! The breakfast was delicious and definitely worth the rate charged!!!! The hotel is also ideal for families as we visited the hotel with a child and a baby.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kostaskp
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This hotel has a stunning location on a hillside overlooking Ornos beach and bay. The location obviously means that the balcony views from the rooms are outstanding, as are the size of the balconies themselves! As for the room it was spacious with elegant furnishings and classy fixtures and spotlessly clean. The hotel has a good sized pool, which is well maintained and has very comfortable loungers. The breakfast room was on the small side and got full at certain times, but the breakfast choice itself was excellent. All in all, a bit of a cut above the average Greek hotel experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I love this hotel. In returning to Mykonos I took a chance on a new place and I was just so pleased. Beautifully clean and charming rooms by pools, the staff are genuinely charming. The air conditioning was cold, I was surprised by both and the view of Ornos beach and charming harbor is simply gorgeous. You will be pleased at the price. Let me say this is off the beaten track, but you can be almost anywhere in 10 or 15 minutes from here. Airport is 10 minutes away. The marble floors and clean line of the furniture make our room feel so spacious. And they have everything I needed from hair dryer to adapter for my british ipad. Come rest on this lovely hillside villa. As an older woman traveling alone I felt completely safe. The beach is full of lovely restaurants and a five minute walk from here.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank egjones
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed at the hotel for five nights and found it to be one of the most pleasant experiences we've had in many years travelling to Greece, and the surrounding islands.

The hotel's location is wonderful, with fine views over the clear blue waters of the bay. The hotel pools are well maintained, with plentiful sun bathing loungers on nice decks. The decor is simple, with an understated elegance that many places try for, but few achieve as well as the Dorion. The room we stayed in was clean, stylish and well cared for, with a very high standard of decorative finish.

Staff were friendly, efficient and helpful. The breakfast selection was wide, and delicious. It was only a short walk to sandy Ornes beach, which was well organised with food and drink on offer. Ornes is only a few km's from the busy Mikonos town, which we visited a few times. Buses run frequently, and taxis are plentiful and affordable. We found that the quieter location of Ornes was perfect for us, offering the relaxing charms of the hotel poolside, and the local beach but also being within easy enough reach of Mikonos town when we wanted to go there.

One of the staff told us about the regular trips to Delos island, a world heritage site, and our visit there proved one of the highlights of our trip. Wi-fi worked well in the hotel, so I was able to do some research on the fascinating history of Delos by the poolside, which added to our visit.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this wonderful hotel and would recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere to stay on the island.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Larkin03
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We returned in late May for my 7th time in ten years at the Dorion in Ornos Bay, This time, we brought two other couples, also, seniors (active/young) also from the SF Bay area. Their first time in Mykonos.

I assured them, before the trip, that they would love the looks, rooms, location,view, breakfasts, superior service and value of the Dorion, and, as usual, the Dorion delivered. The hotel looked great and was as clean and pretty as always. The owner (now own/run three hotels on Mykonos) was as gracious and professional as always. She has employed great managers and maids/staff, and once again Manager NECTAR (alias Nick) was his helpful, fun, informative, incomparable self. The buffet breakfast in the charming poolside dining room was plentiful and good quality, the guests were international and friendly, the many swimming pools were in great shape(clean and refreshing). As "they say", if it works, don't fix it, and as always, The Dorion worked great.
We always have rental car(s) to travel the Island, so two miles to Mykonos town is easy. Ornos town is a 5 minute walk and now has "trendy" restaurants, if you need a night off from Mykonos town
We'll be back at the Dorion, whenever we return to Mykonos.

Room Tip: Some rooms have better Bay views than others-ask about "unobstructed" view rooms, when you...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank MillValley_caEkim
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The Dorion Hotel was the best hotel I ever visited on Mykonos Island and I am so glad I made this discovery! The location was wonderful, the rooms were beautifully decorated and the whole ambience of the hotel was friendly and relaxing that I never wanted to leave! The experience and the services offered were unique and I highly recommend it!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends