“2nd visit”

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Ornos
Geneva, Switzerland
“2nd visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I went to Ammos Hotel 2 years ago and it had just opened. So I decided to go back as the location is great, and so is the hotel. So yes Ammos is still a beautiful hotel. The rooms are spacious and clean. the shower is great. The design is really wow! I love it. And very important, once you close the door to your room (we had a room by the pool) you didn't hear a sound of the music on the beach or from the other room except once the door from the room next to ours.

Breakfast is good, a good variety of breads, croissants, cakes, local specialties, eggs, fresh pineapple, melon and watermelon, but for some reason they had canned fruit salad which I found hard to understand. The restaurant is excellent, but quite expensive.

The beach is always great, but the music was louder than before and getting louder ever hour which is fun the first day, but then gets boring as the DJ plays the same songs again and again.

A few things that went wrong on the three times I had to deal with the reception of Ammos.

I sent an email to ask them to send a car to the port and signed my email by my name, the person who answered me referred to me with a completely different name. When I asked her if she had read it correctly she apoligised saying she had had a long day... If I did that in my job, I wouldn't last long!

Then when we arrived at the port, they called to ask where we were because the driver had been waiting for us for 'very long'. The ship was late as it was a long weekend and lots of people and cars had to board. Again when I reached I mentioned that I didn't really appreciate being called on a foreign number as I was already in the car and she argued that a lot of tourist didn't look properly.

And last, the day before I left, I went to reception to ask them to arrange for the transfer and to prepare the check-out. She looked at her list and told me that I was on her check-out list, then pulled out my reservation and told me I was to leave the next day. I explained to her that I had changed my reservation two days after I first booked, she started arguing and when I showed her my reservation on my phone she apologised.

To me this is a lack of professionalism. For a hotel which is part of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, they need to be more centered and professional and not behave like amateurs.

The other things we noticed, and I'm Greek origins but not the the friend who was with me, was that Greeks had a far better and quicker service on the beach, but that a detail.

Internet worked better than two years ago in the bedrooms, but hardly ever worked in the restaurant or on the beach. But then didn't work in most restaurant on that beach.

In short, the prices have gone up by at least 50% in 2 years if you book in advance or get a good offer on internet, much more if you try a last minute booking, but for no extra service and still have to pay for your sunbed which I find quite hard to accept.

I would recommend Ammos, especially for it's location and design. And had a great holiday and Mykonos is always a beautiful island.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back, as on the beach it's very noisy!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Was here one week had a great experience here all staff were lovely . Was given a different room to the one I booked but they offered to move me but room I was given was fine and they gave me free sun beds for the week . The breakfast buffet was delicious and sushi in afternoon a must . Thanks for a nice week to all staff

• Stayed June 2014
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were allocated the Ammos on arrival as our chosen hotel had building issues and what a wonderful result. We were upgraded to a suite, free sunbeds and 15% off of food in the beach side restaurant. The staff were excellent, very attentive and keen to ensure we had a wonderful stay. The hotel is right on the beach which is in a horseshoe bay, on the beach are free soft sofas and chairs along with beds and cabanas. The hotel is about 4 minutes from Mykonos town with a bus stop just yards from the hotel, fare is €1.60. Taxi is approx €10 but not as much fun as the bus. The supermarket and Pharmacy are about a 10 minute walk along with other small shops but as there are no pavements you have to be a bit warey of the few cars that come along.
Mykonos town is wonderful it's so easy to get lost in the little streets but that is part of the fun, little Venice is lovely but expensive, the harbour has at least 10 restaurants to choose from as well. Overall a really nice holiday, will come back and will definitely choose the Ammos. We wanted a relaxing break and this was the perfect place for it but also very easy to get to the town.
Ask for a room upstairs as they have a view over the beach or a beachside room but they will be a bit more expensive. If you can upgrade go for the suite,it's worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade if available or a room upstairs above the bigger swimming pool as these rooms are...
3 Thank BobbyboyLondon
Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We had three wonderful days at Ammos. Modern nice decorated rooms, nice pool area, super breakfast, nice restaurant, amazing coctails and the perfect beach area. Very welcoming staff. Buses takes you to town in 10 minutes.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank EMKM63
ENGLAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here on a four night break, absolutely beautiful the rooms are of a high standard you couldn't fault. Breakfast was good plenty to choose from. The hotel is set on a lovely beach, but the only two downsides are you have to pay 12 euros a day for two to sit of the sun beds which is ok if you are an outsider but when you have paid a high sum to stay in a Small Luxury Hotel of the World I think you need to look at this and the other point it is nice to have music on the beach but not at high volume!! We would definitely go back and recommend this hotel to our friends and family.

Room Tip: We had a superior room overlooking the bay beautiful.
1 Thank MRSAS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

The hotel is excellent.
The design of the room is very upscale.
Bed really comfortable!
Kuzina restaurant is where the breakfast is served.
Breakfast had medium variety but very good quality.

Only disadvantage that we could hear the songs from the grill house right next to the hotel...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Dimitris K
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

The staff and especially Esmeralda is tha main reason you should choose Mykonos Ammos!! We stayed at the hotel on our honeymoon and we felt it was the perfect choice! Prices are not cheap at all but take into account that for gorgeous beach you just need to walk 2 min. We were not eager for breakfast that not included vegetables or normal coffee but it was so fun just to eat breakfast by the beach with music and amyzing design of the restaurant Kuzina. I admit It was comfortable to eat lunch every day near the hotal and not look for another restaurants but take into account that the prices in Kuzina are high! and the waiter's service was not very good.... Must say again that the staff was sooo amyzing...the girls in the lobby, Elias and everyone... Thank you! see you again.

Room Tip: near the pool!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ornos
Myconian Ambassador Relais & Chateaux Hotel
#1 of 82 in Mykonos Town
Kivotos Mykonos
Kivotos Mykonos
#5 of 21 in Ornos

Been to Mykonos Ammos Hotel? Share your experiences!