Much of their business is stopover travellers. I could tell because, at check-in, staff assumed we were only staying for one night until she noticed otherwise on our reservation form. And there are good reasons for this.
The free shuttle, which we called ahead to book (though it runs regularly), is convenient, and takes only 15-20 minutes for the journey. The room was comfortable and they have a nice pool for lounging and a small gym. We didn't eat there, but some small restaurants and food stands are a short walk from the front of the hotel (go to the right). The isolation of the hotel counts against it being a place for a longer stay if you want to spend more time in the more interesting parts of Bangkok. If you want to go into Bangkok proper, take a taxi to the Udom Suk station (around THB 120 and 20 minutes) and light rail from there. (If you don't speak Thai, bring your hotel card so that the taxi driver will know where to bring you when you return.)
The only two annoyances were a lack of hot water in the shower one night, and a concierge who tried to talk me into doing a tour via taxi. The concierge was less than helpful when I wanted to get some information about getting places. . .without a "guide." Though not a five-star property, a concierge or other staff should not focus on selling a deal that will garner him a commission. Rather than "help the guest," he was just thinking "help myself to make money off this guest."
We paid around USD 80/night for a twin room, no breakfast included, which I thought was reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Bangkok Airport Hotel has a total of 278 rooms and Suites (230 Deluxe; 1 deluxe room for the physically challenged; 39 Executive Club Floor rooms and 8 Suites). The Hotel is 7 storys high. Its main facilities include; an All Day Dining Restaurant; Japanese Restaurant; Lobby Lounge Bar; 24 Room Service; Banquet and Conference Rooms; Outdoors Swimming Pool with Snack Bar; Gymnasium, Spa Treatment Rooms; Executive Club Floor with Private Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Best Western Premier Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel Racha Thewa
- Best Western Premier Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Airport Thailand/Racha Thewa