“Excellent if you have business in Bangna / Airport area”

Best Western Premier Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Airport
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Racha Thewa
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent if you have business in Bangna / Airport area”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is an excellent hotel if you have meetings in Airport / Bangna area or if you want an easy hotel when you fly over bangkok and need to stay somewhere close to airport overnight.
It takes ca 20 min with taxi (I am told there is a free bus that take ca 25-30 min. I have never taken it). Rooms are clean, fairly spacious and modern. The style is typical mid-market business hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel on my way back from Bhutan. It's reasonably close to the airport (about 15 minutes for my trip) and they do provide an airport shuttle. My Thai friends had given me a lot of fresh fruit when they picked me up at the airport and without even asking, the staff said that they would deliver it to my room. It came peeled and carved beautifully! The room was extremely comfortable and checkout was fast and there seemed to be a number of shuttles running at the same time so I didn't have to wait. I would use the hotel again if I have an overnight stop in Bangkok.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is perfect as an airport hotel as there are shuttles running every half an hour and if you notify the hotel of your arrival they will wait for you inside the gate. The hotel is just a 10 minute drive from the airport and about 20 during peak hour.
I really liked this hotel. The highlight was actually the pool and the trundle bed (most comfortable one I have slept in!). The pool area is beautiful and relaxing with a bar and plenty of shade. The breakfast was also really good and there was great wifi. We paid $90AUD including breakfast and I consider this to be reasonable for a night here.
It is unfortunate that the hotel is too far out from the city as we had to move hotels for our subsequent nights to be closer to it all but was perfect for half of our travelling party who were catching a flight the next morning.
I have no complaints and can't fault this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Itzyfoxy
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We had a nice stay for one night at this hotel, before our 6am international flight. The hotel is conveniently located to the airport (BKK) with a free shuttle. We actually came in to DMK airport, and took the free bus to BKK. We had emailed the hotel the morning we arrived asking about how to catch the shuttle since we couldn't provide them with an exact pickup time, since we didn't know how long the bus would take. They were extremely helpful, responding within minutes and providing us instructions about how to find their representative at the airport. It takes about 15-20 minutes to get to the hotel from the airport.

The hotel itself was much fancier than we were expecting, and the rooms were spacious with good amenities. The free wifi is good, and there are some local street food places a couple of blocks from the hotel (though I get the sense they don't get many tourists in that area). There is also a convenience store to stock up on drinks, etc. We had a nice dinner at the hotel restaurant, which was pricey by Thai standards, but still reasonable by American standards, and the food was quite good. Some of the reviews we had read noted that there are a lot of mosquitos in the lobby. We didn't really notice it, except at 3am when we were waiting to get on the shuttle to the airport. It was a bit annoying but it didn't define our visit.

All in all, this is a great hotel to stay near the airport, though it is a bit too far to use as a base for exploring the city. We'd stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Met us at the airport, pickup was very easy. Great service. Excellent rooms. Fast, prompt shuttle back to the airport in the morning. Gorgeous hotel. Very nice and helpful reception.

Only issue is that the gym has bad hours-- it was closed when I tried to go at 10pm.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SarahManner
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel as we got a great deal on Agoda for two rooms (we are a family of 5). We have three kids and needed something affordable for an early flight out the next day. We were so impressed by the service at this hotel. Everything we had asked for in the booking was done, extra bed, transfer, adjoining room all taken care of. They were extremely efficient and the room was quite modern, very clean and a real surprise considering the amount we paid. The restaurant food was divine and we will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We are a family so the adjoining room was perfect for us at this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Carol P
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed a couple of days at the Best Western Amaranth to have a rest between my busy flying schedule, and I am was happy with its convenient location, great facilities, good price and great service. The hotel is located in a quiet area, with not much happening around beyond the traffic, a fact that turns it into an oasis of peace in the middle of the always busy Bangkok.This not a flashy posh place, but a transit hotel, very welcoming and comfortable, decently priced. The common gardened areas are beautiful, with lovely ponds full of water lilies and dragon sculptures.

My room was huge, with a wonderfully firm King Size bed, work and rest areas, plenty of storage room and natural light, a decently sized flat screen with plenty of local and international channels, coffee/tea making facilities, and an alarm clock. The toilet was rather average regarding size and facilities, but spotless clean, and with a complete set of toiletries, a fact that makes me always happy.

All the staff at the hotel are just wonderful - the quintessence of what Thai people are: serviceable, chilled out, kind, competent and smiley.

The restaurant has a decent selection of classic favourites of the European, Chinese, Japanese and Thai cuisines, the last being my favourite while in Thailand. Buffet breakfast was varied in options, but OK regarding taste. They have also a huge selection of International wines, mocktails and smoothies.I found the restaurant a bit pricey for what you get.

The pool area is located at the back of the hotel, behind the gym area, and it is wonderfully relaxing, very clean and good looking, with plenty of lying seats, and a small bar-cafe attached to it.

The in-hotel spa "Amaspa" is just awesome. Despite its small size, the place is wonderfully stylish and relaxing, with Thai classy style decor and a very attentive staff.I had the Ama Sampler package done, and it is just fabulous regarding the quality of the products they use, the mastery of the therapists, and the state of your skin when you leave Amaspa's premises. The foot massage was also amazing. Prices are not cheap,but worth it.

POINT MAKERS
+ Free shuttle to the airport running every half an hour and, in the wee hours of the night, every hour. If you have breakfast prepaid and are departing before the restaurant opens, you will be provided with a breakfast pack, one of the best I have had to take away in my last travels!
+ 24/7 Room Service.
+ Two bottles of complimentary drinking water per day.
+ Free Wi-Fi. User name and password are provided when you check in.
+ Complimentary non-alcoholic drink at the bar.
+ There is a 7eleven supermarket at five minutes walking distance. They sell a bit of everything (from packed meals to batteries, snacks, toiletries, etc.), it is extremely clean, well organised and has wonderful staff. If you bother to say anything in Thai, they will display their best smile.
+ Several street eateries are located at a few minutes from the hotel, too, the nicest one by the 7eleven.

SO SO
> The room was a bit run down in general, needing a bit of work, with one of the power boards a bit detached from the wall and with not enough power to feed my computer, but OK for my tablet.
> There were just two power points in the whole room, and one of them wasn't in good condition.
> Tap water in the room is NOT drinkable. You won't notice or know unless you ask the staff or read the hotel booklet in the room. It might be too late by then. A clear sign is needed there!
> The body wash smelled of laundry soap! Change body wash brand!
> The air-conditioning was very noisy.
> The walls aren't that thick, so you can listen to your next-door neighbour's conversation easily.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Paragon Inn
Paragon Inn
#317 of 867 in Bangkok
Mariya Boutique Residence at Suvarnabhumi Airport

Been to Best Western Premier Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Airport? Share your experiences!