“Best for short trips”

Vismaya Suvarnabhumi Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Racha Thewa
Reviewed 21 March 2014

For us, it was a perfect place to stay. Near to the airport- hardly 10 minutes drive. Friendly Staff, neat and big rooms. Over all a good place to stay for short trip. Pool side is nice. Only minus (-) is breakfast which is same everyday.

Room Tip: Not many rooms, so try is you can manage pool side ones. Almost all rooms are quiet and big
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We had an overnight stay at this airport, the hotel transfered us from the airport to the hotel with only a short wait for the van, we had read that it was a bit out of the way, but as it was only an overnight stay this didnt matter to us. The room was very big and confortable, the concrete floor was a bit strange as with a bathroom with glass walls to the bedroom, it did have curtains but still seemed strange, breakfast was acceptable and the hotel arranged a taxi for the old airport that Air Asia uses, it is a $30 taxi ride and around 40 minutes to get there. I would use this hotel again if I needed one for just an overnight stay.

Room Tip: We got given a big room, plenty of seating in a area seperated by a divider and a bathroom with a sh...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We've choosen this after 1 month traveling in Thailand with two small children.

The room and bathroom was ok.

Pool was a bit cold for us.

The breakfast wasn't fresh, everything looked tired...one of my kids drank from a juice on the table and vomited just after he put down the glass. Cold pad thai and fried rice....I prefered a toast with butter.

The street was a mass it was under construction so it was a hard walk until the main road.

We arrived a few hours earlier than check-in time so they charged us with extra 'early check in fee'....well, if I had a free room, I wouldn't charge extra for it when I see two tired children (2.5 and 4 years old) but it's only my oppinion.

Overall I am not dissatisfied but for this amount in Thailand (2.300THB) its not a great deal..

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2014

initially I was taken to the wrong hotel and they checked me in. The room was really luxurious and separate corner bath. Decided to have an early night as My daughter was visiting next day . Just as I turned the light out the receptionist phoned to inform me I was in the wrong hotel. We all had a good laugh and thought it was very cheap. They ordered a taxi which eventually found the hotel as it was newly built and they are still building the road. Very nice large spacious room with separate bath and shower, free water and very large bed. The hotel is only 5 minutes from the airport. Free transport to the airport. The food is a bit expensive and a limited menu but nicely served up. The staff are friendly and helpful and let my daughter keep the room on as I'd paid for 2 night's but my flight was at 2am. The pool area is very pleasant to relax. All in all a good place to stay before flying on.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed the same
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Had a early flight so took one night at this hotel, paid 20 euros, thought that it was going to be worth only that much but this was the best hotel on my whole trip and I visited three other hotels on this trip including for example Hilton-Singapore. This hotel is pretty new , very clean and well kept, very big rooms with new showers and bathtubs, swimmingpool, shuttleservice , everything you need and a good staff. This is by far the best airport hotel I have stayed in! Took about 5-10 min by taxi to airport and the staff calls one for you if the shuttle happens to be full,same price. If you are going here print out the adress because the hotel is new and inside a sideroad so its good to have an adress and telephone number so the taxi can call the hotel. Choose this one if want to save money but still have luxury. The only thing that I dont recommend is to buy a prepaid taxi to the man selling trips/taxifares in the lobby. We went to the Megamall and I knew it was a bit far away so I thought that 400 baht was a ok price for a long taxiride but actually we came back from the mall with a meter taxi that cost us 130 baht so dont buy the taxi from that man.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is ideal if you have a night stopover in Bangkok and don't want the stress if heading into the city. It is only a few minutes in a taxi from the airport and is a lovely, comfortable place to stay. The bedrooms are really nice and modern with wifi, and a big comfy bed. If you have a morning to kill before you fly the pool is also really nice. Overall this place is modern, clean and actually very impressive. The price is great, and the staff are lovely. We stayed 3 times on separate occasions during our flash packer travelling this year. They also do airport transfers!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This hotel is farther from the airport than it claimed and is in a slum area down an alley under construction. Once there, you can eat only in its very overpriced restaurant. The food is awful. You can't buy snacks. The rooms are okay but towels, etc, fraying and old. I paid for an airport transfer but the driver did not come. I ended up getting a taxi and the hotel staff refused to refund the transfer fee.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Grand Inn Come Hotel
Grand Inn Come Hotel
#3 of 5 in Racha Thewa
Mariya Boutique Residence at Suvarnabhumi Airport

Been to Vismaya Suvarnabhumi Resort? Share your experiences!