Absolute luxury at a reasonable price. I was blown away when we arrived here. The resort was like paradise and the staff are as helpfull and friendly as possible. Especially Soon and Kung, our `butlers' and Palm our tour guide.
The gym was small but good. Our room was the fairly basic studio one, but still immaculate, with a veranda with a day bed and table/chairs. They give you special stuff to keep the mosquitos at bay and free water every day. There was no problem with insects.
We ate in the Italian restaurant. The best dish was the crab cakes with avocado salad which is the most delicious thing imaginable!
The pool area is fabulous with a view of the beach and great poolside service. A lot of people complain about the narrow road between the hotel pool and the beach, but this was not a problem for me. It was fairly quiet, just mostly locals flying by on their scooters.
The downsides? Not much. The beach isn't good because although the water is warm, it is not clear and is full of jellyfish (we were there in September). They are pretty to look at though.
The hotel seriously lacked affordable wine. All I could get was a small glass of rose wine that costs £8.50!!!!!! Plus, this place is remote. Hire a moped (see below).
For my birthday, I enjoyed an amazing massage at the hotel, plus exotic flower bath which was a lovely luxury but all pricey. My boyfriend also treated me to a private pool area barbeque with a 5 course meal and our own chef and waiter. Pure luxury but only if you are quite rich! Food was amazing and service.
If you go on one of the hotel excursions, we went on the waterfall one (lovely and amazing), be warned; it is a chauffer driven trip with a personal tour guide, so expect to tip generously.....I'm used to big group excursions which I prefer!
My tip: enjoy the hotel food and bar now and again (especially the crab cakes and pizzas!) but generally always eat out and drink out at the local beach huts/bars. Turn right out of the hotel beachfront, walk for 5 minutes to `Very Good Restaurant'. The food, prices and service is sensational, even if the surroundings are just basic. The crab rice was my favourite thing and I had it nearly every night, prices of food and drink here a fraction of the hotels. Then head back to the hotel, stopping at the last beach hut on the left in front of the beach and enjoy cheap drinks whilst watching the distant fishing boats and stars over the sea at `Family's Bar' run by a lovely lady called Som.
Lastly........you MUST hire and scooter and go for a ride around Prak Nam Pran. They are so cheap to hire from local huts, and easy to use. Visit the hill, with a nature trail, a few miles if you turn right out of the hotel, then go right to the end until you come to the estuary, and see the fishing boats come in. Truly memorable. And if you are a dog lover, like me, take treats and bits of food for the dogs.....they deserve it and are so gratefull.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Evason Hua Hin is approximately 230 kilometres or 140 miles south of Bangkok. An excellent highway provides for a three-hour drive. King Rama VII built a palace there in 1926 and it remains the Thai Royal family Summer Palace to this day. Evason Hua Hin is located in the quiet area of Pranburi, south of Hua Hin Township. Set amongst 8 hectares or 20 acres of gardens, facing the Gulf of Siam, it offers 196 guest accommodations in a garden setting, including 40 private pool villas each measuring 110 square metres. Evason Studios feature an oversized terrace complete with a daybed. Guestrooms offer eco-friendly designs adhering to a renowned responsibility to the environment and the Evason philosophy of Redefining Experiences. Dining options include The Restaurant serving a daily International breakfast buffet, while Kieng Sah restaurant features authentic Thai cuisine. Coast is opened for dinner and serves Mediterranean cuisine with a strong Italian influence. The Bar is located adjacent to the main pool and offers an all day drinks and dining option serving a comprehensive range of wines and cocktails along with traditional international and Asian favourites. Six Senses Spa offers a truly relaxing and revitalizing experience with therapeutic and pampering treatments to balance the senses. Just Kids! Has its own swimming pool and keeps children entertained all day, and at night offers evening sleepovers with professional supervision.Free wifi is available in all guests rooms and public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelbag, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Evason Hua Hin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Evason Hua Hin Hotel Pran Buri
- Evason Hua Hin Thailand/Pranburi