Our first days were near perfect, with the exception of waiting 40 minutes for water at the buffet Saturday night. Also, we had requested scented pillows and the mosquito net be lowered but after 3 nights had to request again.
However, some of the staff told us that the occupancy dropped and that's why things were slower, and there's no ice cream corner for example. The service by the pool for example was perfect and then suffered, a lot. Many items were out of stock, quite a few nos. Not sure if the staff's English was good enough to understand requests, but the answer was still no.
On my birthday, the staff also had to be reminded it was my birthday Monday and when there was still no cake by 9 pm, my husband requested it and it was delicious!
Other than that it was obvious Saturday-Monday that there was far more staff and they were friendlier. However, that seemed to change as did their 'nothing is too much attitude'. It took forever to get coffee in the morning, we were forgotten about at breakfast at times, there was apparently no apple juice at breakfast, but by noon at the pool bar it was no problem. We only managed to get watermelon juice-legendary at the Evason-2 days on our whole trip. Everything we tried to order on Tuesday it seemed, the bar was out of, maybe that's a re supply day?
The worse though is that the staff turn a blind eye to a group of people hoarding food at the breakfast buffet. I mean they bring their own Tupperware containers and stuff them with provisions for the day. As guests that pay for their snacks and drinks all day it's shocking to me that that is allowed. My daughter is rewarded for eating a healthy breakfast by being allowed one small donut. We watched while the people ahead of us took them ALL into their container and popped them in their bag for later. They spoke no English and my daughter wailed. They apparently didn't care. The staff said as they hadn't seen it they couldn't do anything. We also enquired about customizing the Thai cooking class as we didn't like the dishes on the regular menu. The answer was a categoric no, even when prodded a little more. However, when the chef was asked he said it was no problem at all. Just a little tedious and tiring to have to wheel and deal for small stuff.
Other than that, things are good and the resort, the grounds are beautiful. The works creeping closer to the resort were also beginning to be bothersome for us, but I'm sure future guests will enjoy it all the more when the works are done!
The kid's club was amazing, my daughter loved it, the rooms and beds very comfortable and overall we had a restful and delicious holiday, the Evason's restaurant options, were all FANTASTIC-as were the cocktail options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Evason Hua Hin is approximately 230 kilometres or 140 miles south of Bangkok. An excellent highway provides for a three-hour drive. King Rama VII built a palace there in 1926 and it remains the Thai Royal family Summer Palace to this day. Evason Hua Hin is located in the quiet area of Pranburi, south of Hua Hin Township. Set amongst 8 hectares or 20 acres of gardens, facing the Gulf of Siam, it offers 196 guest accommodations in a garden setting, including 40 private pool villas each measuring 110 square metres. Evason Studios feature an oversized terrace complete with a daybed. Guestrooms offer eco-friendly designs adhering to a renowned responsibility to the environment and the Evason philosophy of Redefining Experiences. Dining options include The Restaurant serving a daily International breakfast buffet, while Kieng Sah restaurant features authentic Thai cuisine. Coast is opened for dinner and serves Mediterranean cuisine with a strong Italian influence. The Bar is located adjacent to the main pool and offers an all day drinks and dining option serving a comprehensive range of wines and cocktails along with traditional international and Asian favourites. Six Senses Spa offers a truly relaxing and revitalizing experience with therapeutic and pampering treatments to balance the senses. Just Kids! Has its own swimming pool and keeps children entertained all day, and at night offers evening sleepovers with professional supervision.Free wifi is available in all guests rooms and public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Evason Hua Hin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Evason Hua Hin Hotel Pran Buri
- Evason Hua Hin Thailand/Pranburi