“Beautiful, relaxing and comfortable”
Review of Evason Hua Hin

Evason Hua Hin
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Pranburi
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Came here for my 30th birthday for a getaway with my partner and we had a lovely time. We were so well looked after by everyone at the Evason and so well advised with what we could do. Both of us felt incredibly welcome and comfortable for the entire duration of our stay. It is a beautiful hotel with a very casual atmosphere, beautiful surroundings and marvellous staff. I generally don't like returning to places that I've already been, opting for exploring something new- but I may have to make an exception this one time...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elizabethdv
Alan Thomas ., Managing Director at Evason Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear elizabethdv

Thank you for your lovely review and delighted to see that we may have tempted you into breaking a habit - by returning to somewhere you have already been!
We would love to see you again and look forward to welcoming you back to us.

There are newer reviews for Evason Hua Hin

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We spend a day in standard room. Complementary should be give to driver and car park staff. Our first impression is very excellent resort. But later score negative. Our expectation is relaxing place with green, wood, soil and cotton style. Resort return us at the end by none sense of relaxing resort style. Activity is seem like sport club. Room seem like soil house in jungle around with swamp. Property is look dirty with soil dust in lagoons and a lot of mosquitoes and pests. Pool and beach is most expectation but only disappointing. Big pool but crowded and Beach can't even sit near by because the road and parking car is block sea view.

Positive : Bell and Driver, Pool man and F&B staff.
Negative : No Slipper( must request ), Dirty bathroom, Pool's Turbid water, Property very old.

It's not reasonable to recommend to my friend and family, We do talk about coconut garden in swamp. It's just room for rest Don't expect any variety.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CopyzKittisak

Dear CopyzKittisak

Thank you for your review although sorry to read that the resort did not live up to your expectations.
It is true that there a lot of sporting activities to do in and around the resort.
However our Spa and the pool villas do offer more peaceful and tranquil settings for those seeking a more private stay.
We would love you to consider this option when next in the area.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Our first days were near perfect, with the exception of waiting 40 minutes for water at the buffet Saturday night. Also, we had requested scented pillows and the mosquito net be lowered but after 3 nights had to request again.
However, some of the staff told us that the occupancy dropped and that's why things were slower, and there's no ice cream corner for example. The service by the pool for example was perfect and then suffered, a lot. Many items were out of stock, quite a few nos. Not sure if the staff's English was good enough to understand requests, but the answer was still no.
On my birthday, the staff also had to be reminded it was my birthday Monday and when there was still no cake by 9 pm, my husband requested it and it was delicious!
Other than that it was obvious Saturday-Monday that there was far more staff and they were friendlier. However, that seemed to change as did their 'nothing is too much attitude'. It took forever to get coffee in the morning, we were forgotten about at breakfast at times, there was apparently no apple juice at breakfast, but by noon at the pool bar it was no problem. We only managed to get watermelon juice-legendary at the Evason-2 days on our whole trip. Everything we tried to order on Tuesday it seemed, the bar was out of, maybe that's a re supply day?
The worse though is that the staff turn a blind eye to a group of people hoarding food at the breakfast buffet. I mean they bring their own Tupperware containers and stuff them with provisions for the day. As guests that pay for their snacks and drinks all day it's shocking to me that that is allowed. My daughter is rewarded for eating a healthy breakfast by being allowed one small donut. We watched while the people ahead of us took them ALL into their container and popped them in their bag for later. They spoke no English and my daughter wailed. They apparently didn't care. The staff said as they hadn't seen it they couldn't do anything. We also enquired about customizing the Thai cooking class as we didn't like the dishes on the regular menu. The answer was a categoric no, even when prodded a little more. However, when the chef was asked he said it was no problem at all. Just a little tedious and tiring to have to wheel and deal for small stuff.
Other than that, things are good and the resort, the grounds are beautiful. The works creeping closer to the resort were also beginning to be bothersome for us, but I'm sure future guests will enjoy it all the more when the works are done!
The kid's club was amazing, my daughter loved it, the rooms and beds very comfortable and overall we had a restful and delicious holiday, the Evason's restaurant options, were all FANTASTIC-as were the cocktail options.

Room Tip: Pool villas are the way to go!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jtay

Dear jtay

Thank you for your review and delighted to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.
Apologies for the inflexibility demonstrated and dip in service experienced on a couple of occasions, I agree that this is not good and something that generally we are much better at. I have already reviewed this with the team and thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Excellent resort.... great restaurants, food is unexpectedly good. Very impressed that they manage to run 3 a la carte restos daily (Italian, the Bar, and the Thai). Staff very friendly and proactive. Lots of activities ranging from the excellent spa, tennis and thai boxing and even archery coaching through to a lovely well equipped gym. The main pool is absolutely amazing and never feels crowded, it is huge and gorgeous infinity style. The resort is very secluded and stunning...lots of lilly pools, exotic birds, greenery, and the landscapers are amazing! The bedroom are amazing (we got upgraded to a studio room as part of our package) and it was very spacious and beds super comfy!
The not so good.... the rooms are rustic, so if you're expecting ipod docks and modern touches this is not for you. But for us, it is great... clean, lovely traditional décor, everything in working order, and a great terrace (the same size as our suite).Secondly, the transfer from Bangkok is AT LEAST 3 hours... quite a way when you're travelling from the UK so that is something one must prepare for. Thirdly, there is no direct access to the sea/beach. Even though you're looking directly at it, there is no access due to the government renovating the eroded beach following tsunami type events. However, there are nice alternative beaches locally.
Other than those two things cannot fault it. They did everything we asked for... a fan for the terrace, football on a projector to keep in touch with premiership final events, organization of day trips.
Advice: venture out of the resort and rent a scooter for THB 150 per day/24 hours. Really good fun and allows you to access nearby towns/beaches. Also, the local seafood is amazing - try those hut style restos, you won't be disappointed. If you want a massage/mani/pedi... go out of the resort from the pool and turn right...after the Hugo Boss shop is a massage hut where you get a 90 min Thai one for THB 300. And most importantly, it is very good!

Room Tip: 400 is what I had...very happy with it - thanks Kuoni.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Alan Thomas ., Managing Director at Evason Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear bengalitraveller

Thank you for your "half-time review" and delighted that you are happy with the team performance so far.
We will aim to ensure that the second half performance remains on a par without conceding any "late goals"!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Everything was near perfect. Pool villa is absolutely No 1.
Food is good, service good, nice pools and restaurants.
Kids club available and equipped well, including separate pool.
Beach is still under renovation, but You can always rent a bike (7 USD per day) and go to the beach.
Few restaurants available close to Hotel,
Recommended one: "Very good restaurant", just go right from the Hotel, 5 mins walk.

Room Tip: Pool Villa only !
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Piotr K

Thank you for kind review and delighted that you found everything to be "near perfect".
Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This review is late because I was not allowed to post if i had already did so within a 3 months period. Anyways, I was back for the third time. This round, I stayed in villa 237. I found out that some of the villas actually are much larger in area and spots an additional Jacuzzi. Not only that, villa 237 has a large garden within, the lotus pond divides in between. To get into these villas, one will have to know they exist first, thus my review here to tell. You need to request for them, they go for the same price as any of the other villas too. The first thing I did was jumped into the pool. The next thing I immediately did was quickly get out of the pool after my nipples turned into stone. Anyone would associate Thailand with warm tropical climate but December of 2013, Hua Hin was enveloped in sub 30 degrees C temperatures in the day which cooled down to a low 22 in the night. As a result, water cold, many bodily extremities shrunk.

So it took a couple of wine and running around in circles before I decided to engulf myself in the square tub Jacuzzi located next to the sala. I found it pleasantly warmer then the pool, could be the wine, could be it was just that warmer because it is just that a smaller body of water. Downside was, why was the water murky? I didn't want to imagine what the previous occupants were doing in there. Ok maybe they just took a soapy bath. So, just I laid back, relaxed and hope I didn't see any floating tiny curls left behind.

I went for the half board 2000 Baht package, never regretted, highly recommended. It included free bicycle rentals, an archery session to shoot at boards, not birds. Also included was a spa treatment, the first ever which I tried in Evason and it was fantastic. I became a pile of melted cheese glued to the bed and never wanted to leave. There was a dinner in the package, picked a starter, a main course and that sweet desert to close the feast. I contemplated much about having the steak, but glad I was I eventually did have it. No one makes good steak in Thailand, most chefs and menu highlights of western food are all in a way fake. From my experience, there was once I had asked for medium and felt like I was eating a live cow instead. So on another episode I asked for medium well and I ended up eating what I felt was a rubber ball. I developed so much jaw muscle on that dining experience that my facial shape began to resemble our exiled prime minister. But here at Evason, the steak was fantastically great. The tenderloin was cooked to the right degree, the texture of the meat was easy on me jaws. The searing was done correct, the fragrance of beef fats, the juices flowing, you just gotta try it. Three days and two nights passed so fast, till we meet again Evason a relaxing stay always.

Room Tip: Villa 237....
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kings L
Alan Thomas ., Managing Director at Evason Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear J404

Thank you for your review and for again returning to us.
Delighted to see that once again you enjoyed your stay and you took advantage of the spa and half-board package which does indeed offer great value.
We look forward to your next visit - don't leave it too long as you will know the temperatures are warm right now so the pool in your villa will leave your bodily extremities in tact, while the spa will still melt you like cheese and the tenderloin in the restaurant will melt in your mouth!
See you soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed in a sea view pool villa with gorgeous views of the gardens and sea. The villa is spacious and very well appointed with a lovely comfortable bed and an outside rain shower and sunken bath surrounded by Lilly ponds and colourful water Lilly's. The villas pool area has a gazebo to allow you some shade from the hot sun should you need it and is bordered by shrubs and flowers such as birds of paradise. The main pool area is surrounded by the most beautiful frangipani trees and the grounds are quite stunning.
The restaurants are excellent and very good value for an establishment of this standard. Breakfast is amazing with so much choice for any taste.
What make this place so special though is the superb staff and their wonderful attitude. They are so attentive without being obtrusive. The general manager is the very affable Alan Thomas who has his finger very much on the pulse and ensures every thing runs to the highest standard.
There is some work being carried out outside of the hotel to build a concrete promenade. However there is no disruption to speak of and it did nothing spoil the peace and quite
Being a regular traveller for business I spend more time in hotels than I do at home so I do not lavish praise on hotels lightly but the Evason truly deserves it. We have already booked our next stay.

Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Alasdair M
Management response:Responded 30 April 2014

Dear Alasdair M

Wow! - thank you for your review and delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Really appreciate your comment about the hosts - they make my job a pleasure!
Also pleased to see that the works regarding the beach stabilisation were not too intrusive. Happily, they will shortly be concluded in front of the resort and guests will then be able to descend to the water's edge from the front of the resort.
We're looking forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.
See you soon!

Kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pranburi
Sheraton Hua Hin Pranburi Villas
Amari Hua Hin
Amari Hua Hin
#10 of 141 in Hua Hin
Anantasila Villa by the Sea, Hua Hin

Been to Evason Hua Hin? Share your experiences!