Evason Hua Hin
US$49
US$48
  • Pool
US$264
Palm Beach Resort(Pranburi)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$48
Priceline
  • Pool
US$55
Pran Havana Boutique Hotel(Pak Nam Pran)(Great Value!)
US$75
1,864 results
All reviewssix sensespool villahua hinthai restaurantday bedstudio roomkids clubtennis courtssushiour honeymoonpool staffnoodle barice lolliesmost nightsturn righttravel agenthotel restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Had my first stay @ Evason Hua Hin in 2001 then 2003 and 2008. This year I am planning my trip in Sept to visit my beloved Evason again the 4th time. Read that from their web site the resort is undergoing some sort of remodeling, I am so excited about it. Meanwhile, there is some kind of concern if I am going to get a room which has been remodeled. To be honest, pool villa is not something I can afford, I only had their budget choice of Evason room or Evason studio, I still hope they did not forget about budget travellers :-) I am sure they wont, because It is the hotel I would recieve the best services. From my experience in 2008 I did noticed the facilities been washed with nature power, so the remodeling is due for long time already. I do hope I can get a room which is already remodeled to recieve the best of the best experience from Evason. Oh, pls wifi in each room pls, the library isnt just capable for everyone's needs nowaday. I cant wait to see all your friendiest staff once again like I am going to visit an old friend.

Room Tip: Difference btw Evason studio and Evason room is the balcony with a outdoor bed, best for relaxing and chill. Other than that I dont see much differences.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Alan Thomas ., Managing Director at Evason Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear Rex C

Delighted to read that you will be returning to us this month and rest assured that we have not forgotten travellers on a budget. We offer a range of accommodations and we are confident that you will like our refurbished Studio rooms.
Let me know if I can offer any assistance prior to your arrival.
Contact: alan@evasonresorts.com
Look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Customer who stay in evason if bring wine to the bar restaurant hotel will charge 500 corkage per one bottle, i think its too expensive if you are customer in these hotel shouldn't cost that much!
By the way, the breakfast meal is excellent and delicious, room is too small but ok air-conditioner cool with comfortable bed.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank BabeJaa
Alan Thomas ., Managing Director at Evason Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Babejaa

Thank you for review and pleased to see that overall you enjoyed the stay.
Have noted comment about "corkage" - which is a common practice in hotel restaurants.
Don't let it deter you from returning - and let us recommend some excellent value wines to you.
See you soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We previously stayed in this hotel for our honeymoon in 2006 so were looking forward to returning.  The hotel really is in the most beautiful grounds, with lotus ponds and wildlife at every turn. The hotel is in a very secluded location (you need to travel about 30 mins to get to Hua Hin centre), with just a few bars/restaurants dotted along the beach. Others have mentioned the works on the beach which admittedly is disappointing and spoils the view a little but this is no fault of the hotel.

Breakfast/Food: The buffet breakfast is absolutely amazing and there is a huge selection of different foods to suit all tastes. The bar food is excellent quality, freshly prepared and there is a wide selection. I wouldn't say it is expensive compared to prices back home but being a hotel and compared to Thai prices, there is a considerable difference in price to other restaurants in the area, which I would also suggest trying.   If you prefer to spend your evenings drinking large quantities of alcohol then you would probably find it much cheaper to drink at the few restaurants/bars on the beach or in Hua Hin. If that doesn't bother you too much and you just want a couple of quiet drinks, then the hotel bar offers the perfect atmosphere for that.

Facilities: There are tennis courts and an area for archery. The pool is an infinity pool split into 3 sections so you can find something to suit. The shallow pool for young children was at most, thigh height on my 4 year old. No loud music/pool events so nice and quiet and never once struggled to find a sun bed.  My daughter loved the kids club. They change activities every hour but the kids don't have to partake if they don't like the activities and can spend their time in the kids club pool with slide, maze or playground area if they prefer. Only thing I would say was that I didn't think the kids club was as secure as some others I have seen and we were able to freely walk onto the play area when picking our little girl up. There were staff around and the resort itself is secure but many other kids clubs have secure gated buzzer access, which I think I would have felt safer with.  Free wifi for 30 mins per day by the pool/bar was useful. You can pay for use in your room however, there is an internet sala with a couple of computers that you can freely access if you don't want to pay extra.

Rooms: We stayed in a standard room. They were clean and tidy, plenty of towels, always smelled lovely and the beds were very comfortable. Nice balcony with views over the gardens. You can have your pillows scented if you wish (I recommend the lemongrass) and can choose your preferred toiletry scent as well.  The only minor negative would be the bathrooms could do with updating. Sealant on the baths was discoloured and the walls looked tired and in need of a fresh coat of paint.  I was also expecting the rooms to be a little bigger. I'd say they were of average size with room for a double bed, single day bed and small table/chairs. Clothes storage was on the small side for a family though and more drawers would be useful.

My only gripes are very minor and are mainly because of how it compares to my last stay here, which is perhaps slightly unfair, given the different class of room and the relative newness of the hotel at that time.  I really can't fault the hotel, the wonderful staff or the location and we thoroughly enjoyed our holiday.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Melster35
Management response:Responded 26 August 2014

Dear Melster35

Thank you for your review and delighted to have been able to welcome you back for the first time since 2006.
We were pleased to read that you enjoyed the many aspects and activities that are on offer as well as your acknowledgement of the lovely staff, which is much appreciated.
Although you were probably not aware at the time of your visit, our rooms are undergoing a phased refurbishment, unfortunately not yet the one that you stayed in, and we think we've taken care to address your observations about the bathrooms and available drawer storage space.
Please don't leave it as long again before returning and come and check out the new rooms!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Evason in June 2014 it was our first trip to Thailand and we were certainly not disappionted from the minute we arrived we were treated like royalty nothing was to much trouble the staff are so friendly we felt like part of the extended family,the room was excellent and everything that was required was there,the choice of breakfast in the morning was outstanding it took me longer to decide what to have than actually eat it.If you are looking for a peaceful relaxing holiday this is for you, so much so its like time has stood still.We liked it so much we have booked to return in June 2015 and may I say we are counting the days down already.We very much look forwad to meeting all the staff again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Alan Thomas ., Managing Director at Evason Hua Hin, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear James R

Thank you for kind review - and appreciate the comment about "extended family"!
We will look forward to welcoming you back to us in June 2015.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

It is recommended to do all sorts of bookings, especially car booking (TO & FRO).
It was 15th Day of December 2013 when we landed Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok. It was 4 hours journey from airport to Evasion Hua hin. While planning my visit to Evasion i booked car to resort using reservations@minibushuahin.com, pretty reliable guys. If someone is ready to spend, go for resort transportation. Language is a barrier. So demand for a driver who understands English.
The scenic beauty & cleanliness of resort was outstanding. We left our luggage at the resort's entrance and were escorted to reception where a welcome drink with a hand towel drenched in cold water was ready. The experience was outstanding.
The 4 day stay was too good which cannot be explained. The resort is Sea facing but the nearest beach was 7 Kms and resort people will help to reach there.
The only issue was "Food". So, vegetarians its a RED ALERT.
Resort carry out many activities on To-Pay basis which you anybody can enquire.
Overall, it's a place where you can go and relax and enjoy music. One should visit Evasion Hua Hin.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!!

Room Tip: Go for rooms with private swimming pool.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 22 August 2014

Dear Achilles

Thank you for your review although noted that you stayed last December, but "a Highly Recommended" review is always welcome!
It's time for you to pay us another visit and come and check up on the changes that have been made, especially for vegetarians as we think the "red alert" can be lowered to an "amber" - maybe even a "green"!
Hopefully see you soon.