“Too expensive, military style”

EasyDrop Surf School
Ranked #5 of 19 Tours in Itacare
More attraction details
Owner description: EasyDrop is an international Surf School in Itacare, Bahia Brazil. Its teaching program puts safety in first place, closely followed by individual attention, highest equipment standards, and a full set of highly developed teaching techniques. Optionally, complete surf camp facilities are available, with many convenient and genius services, because we really want you to dive into an absolutely unforgettable experience!
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I have heard i was a good schhol, but have been disappointed by its military way of handling clients and the transport is very umcomfortable. Too many pupils for a much to EXPENSIVE rate. After a couple of days we preferred to have a private teacher from another school which turned out to be a more rewarding experience.

Reviewed 18 April 2011

EasyDrop and Itacare are the perfect combination for anyone wanting to either learn to surf or hone their surf skillsand get reacquainted after a long spell out of the water - we were thrilled with the progress we made as total beginners in just one week and it was the breaks we surfed on, the quality of the teaching and the group we were with that ensured this. The perfect blend of Bahian mellowness and professionalism. We knew that EasyDrop had a great reputation and this was confirmed by our experience and the fact that so many people go back to them.

1  Thank floandjet
Reviewed 10 April 2011

My husband and I went surfing with Easy Drop for a week. We agree completely with what others have already written about in their reviews (beautiful beaches, great instructors, helpful office staff).

Liked the best: all aspects of the surfing program (hiking in the jungle, surfing, eating green coconuts, watching the videos).

Liked the least: It can be difficult to find something to eat when returning from surfing when many shops are closed in the afternoon. But it's a minor problem.

Advice: Unless you're planning on going to Rio or Sao Paulo, we can recommend making a flight connection in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais.
You'll get the most out of paddling to the outside if you practice swimming beforehand (I thought I could ignore this as an avid runner, but running really does nothing for your paddling!).

Stay for two weeks if you can. I would love to make it out there again if life allows. Have fun!

Reviewed 10 April 2011

What impressed me the most is how professional these guys are. It started from their very first email reply to my enquiries and help suggesting and choosing a package. When I arrived they had a welcome pack waiting for me, preparing me for the week ahead.

The instructors are serious about surfing but very cool and friendly. During my week we had 4 instructors overseeing 10 students, so the attention was excellent. Plus, there is another guy that films the entire day, then at the end of each you reconvene at the office, watch the DVD as a group and they advise you what to focus on. They give excellent support and motivation to all students, no matter how good or bad you are.

They are professional and certainly run a good business, but they also are extremely nice and good fun. One day I was sick and missed a day's surfing. Even though it was not their fault, they offered to refund me that day's tuition - and you can't say fairer than they eh?

Reviewed 10 April 2011

Searching for a school to get you going with your surfing or surfing even better? You've found it with Easy Drop! The location is stunning in a laid back village in Northern Brazil where the warm water means board shorts and a rash vest is all you need in the water. Meanwhile, the hospitality of the town, the array of things to do there make Itacare a prime holiday place. The professionalism of the Easy Drop crew though are what makes this School stand head and shoulders above all other places to learn to get your surf stoke on.
I've been surfing for a while and the team brought me to a brilliant new awareness - video-camera used to film our sessions, with constant feedback in the water, and then a run through in the evening (getting even more feedback from the films of us surfing) was key in allowing me to really see errors i needed to work on to improve. The coaches meanwhile totally knew what they were talking about, aswell as being really cool people. Easy Drop, meanwhile, is an international school working to international standards - and the team work hard to make sure they both do so and that you have a top time with them both in and out of the water. Just for example, one day i ran out of money and the team didn't hesitate to lend me what i needed - talk about brilliant!
In all, there's so much to do in and around the Easy Drop location, a holiday is a must for there. Meanwhile, surfing in tropical water in a location with great surf - again makes this place a must for any surfer. But for the aspiring surfer, whatever your level, with the Easy Drop team, you'll be in the best hands to really, trully, get your stoke on.