“Best for Philippine Cultural Dance Show”
Review of The Jungle Restaurant - CLOSED

The Jungle Restaurant
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 March 2010

This place is good. I am a direct tour operator here in Cebu. I do checking and observation to most of the restaurant where we bring our guest just to make sure it is worth bringing them to that certain place / restaurant. But Jungle Restaurant is the " Best Place " I have ever been.

They have specialized the Philippine Cultural Dance Show which is one of the most entertaining part for our Tourist coming to our place.

Countries in the world have their own cultures made more colorful, beautiful and vibrant because of folk dances that are reflection of who they are and what they are. The Philippines will not be left behind, “The Pearl of the Orient” boast of a variety of Phil. Folk Dances. The Filipinos pay attributes and owe itself to the Cultural Heritage, and one way of showing such love and respect for the country that gave birth to the development of the Philippine Ethnic Folk Dance.

You should not miss it when you visit Cebu, specially in Mactan Island.

4  Thank KR_Travel_Cebu

Reviewed 16 March 2010

i just went out out from the office and was been wanting to this place.i brought my wife and 2 nieces.we was able to catch up the second show.This place was awesome.I just park my car and already somebody greeted us in their we were not been able to enter the building yet.when we were already inside everybody said hi sir hi maam even the waiters that facilitating other customers.its just amazing.this place represent filipinos in their hospitality.We Talked to the manager france i dont remember sounds like that.She really done good job managing this place.She is strict and mean but very nice to all.Everybody is clapping which i like and made me clap also .the manger Run it correctly and promptly.So bad we were so full already and was not able to eat a meal we just oredered few drinks and eat a terrific calamari never eat here in cebu,very good one and pay entrance fee which we were shocked..for the good and ncie place like this it should be more than that.The Dancers was professional no other dancers ive seen here in cebu done like that.energetic professional and most of all goodlooking....
And of course their pride the jungle fire dancers its just a big wow to US.i have seen lots of fire dance this is just more than great.the spinning of the stick the turning of the ball the eating of the fire fantastic. they are in perfect timing.This is great than in the resorts.Advise to the resorts hire these dancers for better show for you.Fracnce was so worried about the smoke she let staff sprayed all over the building and of course to our area. i told her its normal for a place like these to have smoke especially fire dance.Customer will not complain because its part of the show and part of what thay paid and what they were there for.Well guys i have lots to say about you all but i must sleep...I will always be back there with my family.Job well done for the manager.Im sure the owner which they say is an american is very proud of you guys the staff dancers and management of the jungle...oh lastly i forgot the manager is the owners wife no wonder this place is so great.

3  Thank markMactan
Reviewed 14 March 2010

My wife (Filipina) and I, along with our 2 kids (10 & 14), and a family friend stayed at Plantation Bay for 2 nights. While there, we attended a fantastic Hawaiian Luau on the property. The next night, we decided to leave the property and visit The Jungle Restaurant. We almost decided not to, just because it's so easy to stay at the resort and not face all the traffic and crowds. Visiting The Jungle was probably the smartest thing we did during our 2 weeks in Cebu.

When we were picked up at the resort by a jeepney & 2 performers in cultural dress, I knew we were in for something special. After a short ride we arrived at The Jungle and were given front row seats. Our order was promptly taken and drinks arrived quickly. The food arrived quickly also and was very good. Not being into Filipino food really, I have a hard time rating it, but for 2 picky kids and their dad, it hit the spot. Next time though, I'll probably order 2 servings, because well, I'm used to American size servings and Filipinos just eat smaller servings but graze all day long. So, the serving size is what I've come to expect in the Philippines.

The show was magnificent. I truly believe the performers put their heart and soul in their performances. This had a different feeling for me than the show at Plantation Bay, which we also enjoyed a lot. At the Jungle, I could feel that they truly believed in the dances and had respect for their culture. I could sense the pride with which they danced. To me...it was just honest. Nobody was faking. No fake smiles. No acting. The dances were part of them.

And that's why...given a choice, I'd go back to the Jungle before catching the show at Plantation Bay again. Not taking anything away from PB. It was magnificent. But I was looking for more for our two children. I wanted them to feel their Filipino heritage. This is something they'll never forget. For a night, my children weren't mixed...they were Filipino...and I loved it.

At the end, we had the pleasure of meeting Mr Patrick's beautiful bride. We were given the bill and I was very pleasantly surprised at the value of the food and entertainment. The cost was less than 1/2 what we paid at PB for the Lauau. The service was first class from the time we stepped foot in the restaurant, until the time we left. The dancers escorted us back to PB in their jeepney, and we were sad to leave them.

But we'll DEFINITELY see them again on our next trip!

3  Thank LostinBohol
Reviewed 20 February 2010

Loved the show, the dancers were beautiful and very professional. They all work very hard.
Admittidly they picked us up on a motorbike with side car and we was abit worried.....but we actually found it quite funny! A true filipino experience!!
We wanted the food and drinks package, which we had seen online...but the waitress didnt really seem to know what we wa talking about. Anyway it was no problem, we chose from the menu, food was ok and Its really reasonable priced.
We had a great evening, they get members of the audience up dancing, which was fun!
The building and whole concept is great....its such a shame it wasnt that busy. It would be fab with abit more atmosphere.
Anyway if you are going to mactan, then definaltely visit. We had a great evening!! I would recommend it to anyone!

3  Thank rach25
Reviewed 15 February 2010

We enjoyed an evening of GOOD food , Philippine cultural dancing . PLUS the ADDED benefit of being part of the dances. OVERWHELMING.

2  Thank WhitestarElevator