I visited this place a couple of years ago when a friend stayed there. This time I stayed for 2 weeks in a suite. I found it well run, well maintained, friendly helpful staff, with nice gardens and lots of space and amenities for you to enjoy yourself and relax. The main attraction would be the large pool, with a shallower end and slides for kids.
As with a lot of resorts in the Philippines, for a fee they allow anyone in to use the facilities, so expect it to be very busy on weekends when the locals arrive to eat and swim, in fact it is largely geared towards these customers. The only problem here for me was the noisy kids, but there's not much you can do about that. Thankfully the pool closes at 11pm.
Speaking of noise, generally I find the Philippines to be a very noisy place, with roosters crowing, dogs barking, motorbikes, kids, loud TV's, karaoke machines etc, but this place is really very quiet by comparison to many others.
For the same money you can find a hotel in the city, but it would be noisy and no pool. At Cordova Home Village there is peace and quiet, so you can relax around the pool enjoying a freshly made fruit shake. If you need to go to the city, you can get a P10 ride by tricycle to the main road (or walk 900m if it's not too hot), then get the V-hire van for P35 to SM. From there P100 in a taxi will get you to most places around the business district. This is a lot cheaper than getting a taxi all the way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cordova Home Village is a place that you can call home Friendly for kids and everybody. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Cordova Home Village, Inc. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordova Home Village Hotel Mactan Island
- Cordova Home Village, Inc. Cebu Island/Mactan Island