“Ideal for let vacation fade away”

Cebu White Sands Resort & Spa
Ranked #12 of 43 Hotels in Mactan Island
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Lovely Hotel between other Hotels but still perfectly covered in the Green. Friendly Staff and Food is also good.
The Spa is really nice made with a Park and Pool with koi carp inside..
The staff in the Spa is good trained and we walk out really relaxed and freshn up...thumps up.
Beach is poor...if you look for sandy Beach i recommend not to go there. But the Pool is quite nice with design and size.
But all in all i would go again...

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Cebu White Sands Resort & Spa

Reviewed 11 July 2013

I am so pleased with the waiters and the waitresses here they are so friendly and very accommodating.. Once we step in.. receptionist was already smiling and she even asked us if my father is a senior citizen so that we can have a discount but unfortunately he didn't brought his I.D with him.. But it was so impressive ! The food was OK nothing special I think they lack dessert.. It was Sunday and they just offered some cookies and some buko pandan and others .but they must put some highlights in that dessert station ...something more heavy dessert e.g leche flan or some cakes! Most of the Guests are in senior years.. When the acoustic starts to play classic song and bossanova it was so soothing in the ear .. me and my family enjoyed so much while having our lunch but sad to say after playing some bossanova and classic songs they start to play upbeat songs.. Disco and some rock are you kidding me? wheres the Classy Music goes? I mean it was lunch ..I just felt the song wasn't appropriate to the crowd for mostly guests are old folks.. playing pricetag? I am still young but I do prefer having some slow songs while eating lunch in a nice resort to relax not to dance..And also I really don't understand the beach..why all sailboats are park in the beach I can fully understand why guest focused in the pool and not in the beach for it seems they blocked the swimmers from swimming in that beach due to the boats are being parked there.. I would really like to go in the beach and swim but me alone? no one went there! It doesn't look so pleasant with boats all over!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2013

The resort is nice. Good view, small clean beach, walking distance to the Maribago market and a few restaurants.

The dive shop they're affiliated with is over priced. Diving at other shops nearby is more affordable.

The staff were extremely friendly. They're happy to arrange cab rides for you wherever you're headed. The rooms are nice, clean and large.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The Philippinos are known for being very hospitable people. The staff at the White Sands is proof that this is true. They were very warm and welcoming and always willing to help. The rooms are nice and large and the two swimming pools are cleaned regularly. On the negative side, the beach is very short and it is bordered on both sides by ugly cement walls. The staff was not very competent, including the receptionist, chef, and bartender. The food was bad, the drinks were not properly mixed, airport transportation was not provided and they could not guarantee a taxi. There was no internet in the room (ethernet or wireless), and there is currently (June 2013) a lot of noise caused by construction to expand the hotel facilities. I had just stayed at the Hyatt in Manila before staying at the White Sands, and it is striking how much more I could get at the Hyatt for the same price. The White Sands is seriously overpriced.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Zulumbi
Reviewed 7 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at this resort for almost two weeks. We had a fabulous vacation. The poolside restaurant is lovely, great pool with sea views, pretty well kept gardens. We were shown to our room on arrival by very friendly staff, a small problem was ants on one of the beds, this is the tropics! We asked for another room and was immediately moved. The rooms were large and nicely decorated, no complaints!
I really cannot say anything bad about this resort, the staff very attentive, the surroundings pretty and relaxing.
This is a tropical location therefore a few ants that invaded one room prior to our arrival is something that did not surprise me and was dealt with immediately.
If you are looking for a tropical location I would recommend this resort. Prices are very good for the standard of facilities.
We will be staying with them again! Really no complaints! And miss the friendly staff already!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jay&Bren
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The hotel staff were helpful, courteous and friendly. We were checked-in even though it was only 12:30 PM. Our room was clean and adequate for a standard room - with 1 queen bed and 1 extra double bed. The bathroom was nice and roomy with a bathtub and a separate shower area. The garden is beautiful and scenic, especially the Koi Ponds with large and colorful Koi fishes. The Friday Night cultural show was exceptional and well choreographed. The buffet dinner is reasonably priced although there were only few food choices. There was a construction going on but it did not bother us a bit. It would have been a pleasant vacation and I would have given this resort a "Very Good" rating except for the air conditioning in our room which was inadequate (hot). Also the bed mattress was quite stiff. The main swimming pool was big enough but a little bit murky. There was another nice swimming pool in the courtyard near our room which was only 4 feet deep but they did not let the kids use it even with parental supervision (I wonder why?) - hotel policy I was told (weird).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We held one of our family reunions there a while back and vividly remember the great service the boys had given to my family, there were only about 30 of us but wereve booked the whole restaurant for the day, my family had a great time specially the kids.
Please note that this trip was per 2012.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family