Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
US$244
US$78
Agoda.com
ALTA Cebu Resort(Cordova)(Great Value!)
US$66
Movenpick.com
US$96
US$72
Agoda.com
Eloisa Royal Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$122
Agoda.com
Dulcinea Hotel and Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$101
Agoda.com
Solea Mactan Resort(Mactan Island)
US$149
bedfinder
Goldberry Suites & Hotel(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$92
Agoda.com
Chambre Hotel Mactan(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$31
All reviewspoolside roomlow tidela marinatable tennisluna barmain restaurantisland hoppinghuge bedrelaxing staylive bandbreakfast buffetbeach area isresort hotelpool sidecebu cityfree shuttlejet skiing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Since I had to attend a meeting at Cebu City, I stayed at this hotel in Mactan, which is not a good idea because it took more than 1.5 hours to return to the hotel from Cebu City.

My friend felt a gap between the impression given by the photo images on the Web and the real impression, which is not surprising and often happens.My impression was very nice; my room is just 88 steps far from the water line of the sea shore.

As you find in another comment, this hotel locates at the isolate place; there is no shop near there. So, I went the restaurant in the hotel, which is in the nice atmosphere and whose dishes are very tasty.

There are many Japanese in this hotel similarly to the other hotels in Mactan. If you do not like to see such people, you should avoid this hotels (and the hotels in Mactan).

This hotel provides laundry service, but the hotel send them to outside and it takes 2 days. So, I did not use the laundry service.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
CTBH, Marketing Officer at Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear nisizaki,

We are happy that your room accommodation and our delectable food have met your expectations.  Thank you for sharing it with Trip Advisor.

We are 1.25 kilometers away from the nearest grocery store and about 16 - 20 kilometers away from Cebu City. Normally it takes one hour to Cebu City, however with the current road repair program in Mactan, traveling has taken longer than the usual.  Our apologies for your inconvenience.

We have a rush job option for our laundry service in the Resort that allows laundry that is given before 1:00 p.m. to be delivered fresh and clean the following day around the same time.  We regret that you did not notice it on our laundry list. There is water scarcity in Mactan Island the reason that Costabella finds it more environment friendly to outsource our Laundry Service to Mandaue City.  We hope for your kind understanding.

Costabella welcomes our tourists who like discovering their stories with us.

It will be great to have you once again.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed there with my friend for two nights. The food was good, although $100 cash deposit came by surprise. The additional charge wasn't informed during my booking. Hidden charge, please inform next time. We had to wait for two hours in order to check-in, your welcome drink already ran out before we finally got to the room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
CTBH, Marketing Officer at Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Gak L,

Thank you for appreciating our good food in Costabella.

We apologize if you were caught unaware by the P3,000 cash deposit which is a standard practice in the industry. If a guest deposits this in cash and no outstanding balance upon check-out, this amount is fully returned to him.

If a guest uses his credit card, the Front Desk merely asks for authorization from the bank but only the actual amount is billed to the guest.

Our standard check-in time is 3 p.m. If you came in much earlier, please accept our apologies if you had to wait for the room to be ready as we had to make sure that everything is kept well before the check-in time.

We hope that our clarification of the matters merit your kind understanding.

We look forward to the next opportunity to be of service to you.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

You will feel the warmth of the kind human gesture in this resort.

My Fiance and I just had a 4 nights stay at the Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel. It was one of the best experiences we have had in terms of the hospitality and service provided.

All the staff are very polite and very diligent in what they did. Let me state a few instances:

1. On the first day upon arrival at around 11am, we took a meter taxi from the airport to the hotel. The meter read 221 pesos. However, not being used to the currency, I, through my own fault, handed the driver 3000 pesos. The driver then returned me 50 pesos and I thought I was correct.

After lunch when i became a little more accustomed to the currency, I realised I had overpaid. Although I was rather resigned to having parted with the money forever, I tried my luck and approached guest services at the resort. Here is where a special mention has to go out to the guest relations officer Ivan. Ivan had been amazing throughout our stay time and again and this was the first of many pleasant experiences we had with Ivan.

I narrated my Taxi encounter with Ivan and passed him the receipt that was given to me at the airport stating the taxi number. Later in the day, I received a call from Ivan stating that the taxi driver had been located and the excess money he had collected from me was in the safe hands of the airport police. Ivan even arranged for the monies to be sent to our hotel! I was totally amazed. I cannot think of anywhere else where I would have been accorded such assistance!

2. All the staff at the hotel are diligent and perform their task with pride keeping the appearance of the hotel at its best. The hotel has 2 relatively small pools and there are around 3 lifeguards on duty at one time. Part of their duty is to keep the pool area presentable and I can always see one lifeguard clearing the pool and the areas surrounding of leaves and clearing the sand that is collected in the wash basins around the pool. They never seem to rest and always seem to be doing one thing or the other for the benefit of the guests.

3. The staff never seem to lose their cool. We witnessed an guest talking down to the resort staff and I believe he said "Don't argue with me. I am right and you are wrong. So go and rectify the bill". It was clear that his tone was condescending and definitely unnecessary. However the staff always remained polite and served him to the best of her capabilities.

All in all our vacation was made so memorable and pleasant due to the warm hospitality of the staff and Costabella Tropical Hotel and I recommend everyone to stay at this resort.

p.s. the massage is good.

Room Tip: if you want the sea view remember to choose the correct room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
CTBH, Marketing Officer at Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear Ravin P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience in Costabella with Trip Advisor. Ivann, and the rest of the team members, are passionate about their work and do genuinely care for our guests. Your acknowledgement of our service standard is much appreciated and has certainly inspired us to continue the good practice that is ingrained in our Costabella work culture.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you and your fiancé again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

We flew from Manila on Friday and stayed until Sunday night for my issues bday.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful and learnt our names on the first evening!
The rooms were spacious and clean but there is some building taking place just outside tr bedroom windows which could do with a warning in case you get a surprise!
The breakfast buffet had a good variety of good and some was freshly cooked. The evening meals were delicious as were the cocktails- especially the frozen piña collada and green goddess with an added nip of rum!
The Sunday buffet lunch was cold unfortunately and did not live up to the same standards as the rest of their food but this didn't change our overall lovely experience.
A cracking weekend away all in all!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Siobhan h,

We are glad you chose Costabella for your weekend vacation. Thank you for appreciating the genuine and caring service of our Team. We treat our guests like family members and endeavor to know their names by heart.

It is great that you enjoyed our food and beverage offerings. Our Piña Colada and the Green Goddess, which by the way is our signature drink, is quite popular with our guests. We try to take extra care in ensuring that guests have a delightful meal and a restful sleep. Pardon us if we have overlooked the temperature of the food served during the Sunday Lunch Buffet, we shall discuss this with our Food and Beverage Team to ensure that our quality standards are always met.

Please do visit us again soon!

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed for 3 days in Costabella Tropical beach hotel and it we are very satisfied with their service. The staffs were very accommodating and hospitable. The rooms were clean and spacious. They offer massage and spa as well in affordable price.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank crixicon

Dear Crixicon,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Costabella .

Thank you for your good reviews and for appreciating the service quality and hospitality of our Team.

We are sure our Spa concessionaire will be glad to hear that you enjoyed their services.

We look forward to having you again with us very soon!