“Staff need a kick up the ****”

Crown Regency Suites Mactan
Ranked #26 of 43 Hotels in Mactan Island
Reviewed 10 December 2013

The hotel is a little dated but clean. The customer service is poor compared to other hotels I stayed in during my visit to Cebu, it was hard work getting staff to acknowledge you were there at times, a good morning and are you enjoying your staff would not go a miss now and then, the door staff very really opened the door for you and you had to ask them to get you a taxi, it seemed like it was to much trouble for them but they did do it. The 50's bar is quite good and has entertainment on most nights but isn't advertised that I could see, the staff in the bar spend too much time flirting with western guys sat on the bar stools and watching TV, they seem to forget about the guests sat at the tables, every time I wanted some service I had to get their attention and at times it felt I was interfering with their flirting and TV shows, removing the bar stools would help. I could not fault the house keeping they cleaned the rooms and changed the beds daily and did so to a good standard. I have read people complain of the views from their rooms, yes it's not that good but remember where you are.
Apart from the moans above that a decent manager could sort out in next to no time I enjoyed my stay and possible would book there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 December 2013

The room is nice and big but needs some refurbishing. The night before my departure i arranged for an airport shuttle at a specific time which was confirmed. A few minutes before my check out i called concierge to confirm my shuttle transfer but I was told that I am not allowed to join the shuttle since there will be a VIP boarding the shuttle at that same time and only part of the VIP's entourage will be allowed. I was very disappointed and told the concierge that I will not accept such reason and i don't care whoever is boarding that shuttle because I am a guest too. They called after a few minutes and told me that if I will go down right away they will take me to the airport. So i checked out, I have with me a sling traveling bag which was bit heavy, when I came down at the lobby the bellmen just looked at me but never offered to help me with my bag. They told me to just proceed to the shuttle which was parked at the entrance, i proceeded to the shuttle, but nobody was there, so i stood and waited for somebody to assist me. The doorman/security guard noticed me and inquired if I am taking the shuttle and i answered yes, it was him who called concierge to open the van and switch on the air con because I was standing in the heat. The housekeeping was quite efficient in assisting me with my requests though.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Located just 10 minuted from the airport and is quite nice with excellent service.
Property has restaurant, bars, coffee and a minimart for small stuff.

It was a pain to get a taxi in the morning, it took 40 minutes.
Beds were extremely nice, I could sleep like a baby.
Upon checking in at 6PM there was someones plate and glass on the 5th floor hallway, when going to the breakfast on the next morning it was still there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This was a timeshare trade for us - not worth it at all. The place was old, tired and nowhere close to the beach as advertised. In addition it is an industrial type neighborhood with no food or stores nearby. The only good thing about the place was the staff. They met us at the airport without our asking at 4:00AM and were friendly and helpful. Too bad they have to work at this place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marilu B
Reviewed 31 August 2013

What I particularly liked about this hotel is the kitchen inside the room which is really good for families. Though our room was huge, but then it was dark. Looks like that the hotel is old. There's no wifi except for LAN. Since the hotel is very near the airport, it could pass for a reasonable commendation. We were supposed to stay for 2 nights, but then we cut it short to just one night.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2013

As I am Muslim, and locating halal cuisine in Cebu City is very difficult, I tend to stay in hotels where the rooms provide kitchen facilities. The staff were very accommodating in providing us with the dishware and utensils. The room was quite huge, with a huge sofa and table in the receiving area. Also has a small dining table with two chairs. Internet connection was fantastic. Stayed for 3 nights.

Room Tip: There are rooms with two queen size beds and those with one queen size bed. The ones with two beds d...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We booked for a two-night stay via CashCash Pinoy w/c says we would be saving 58% for our stay in a Suite for 4. Unfortunately, even after making our reservations w/ their tie-up marketing arm Jerry Crown, as early as 10days before, and about 2-3 follow-ups, before our travel date, the front desk clerk was still at a loss when we arrived. Our names were not anywhere in their system. Much worse, we were billeted in a Single-Room Suite for 2, as reflected in our Welcome Drinks stub, the toiletries , towels, beds and bottled water provided w/ the room. We were even being asked at first to make a deposit for our stay even after showing the clerk our vouchers already paid 10 days ago. The clerk was even more surprised that our voucher specifically mentioned "Suite for 4". After so much arguing and making firm on our stand , they were convinced to add beds and all amenities for all 4 of us. However, we still feel short-changed since the price we paid for the room provided to us is definitely not 58% off their published rates as mentioned in their ads. We booked for an extension of another night via Agoda and became more convinced that our third night , Two-Bedroom Suite accomodation surely must have corresponded to the On-line purchase we earlier availed of.

Other than being cramped in a room for two during our first 2 nights, sleeping soundly was also impossible since a videoke bar was right beside the hotel w/ singer-wannabes belting their lungs out for two successive nights. The third night was much better, when we were transferred to the Two-Bedroom Suite w/c I suppose had better sound-proofed walls.

If there's anything I would commend for this hotel , it's the airport transfer service they provided. Beds and linens were one of the finest too. Rooms, though old, were kept clean daily. But alas, WIFI is only available in the Lobby area, since even the suite rooms were only 1-user LAN equipped.

Quite surprising and a little weird, even after 3 days we already checked-out , the reservation clerk informed me, we still didn't have our reservations in their system.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family