“Not bad for the money”

Crown Regency Suites Mactan
Ranked #26 of 43 Hotels in Mactan Island
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed here for one night which was ok, but I wouldn't like a long stay here. The room was clean but a bit noisy. Also they had taken my payment before I had arrived which was not in the agreement. The good things about the hotel are its location both for the airport and local amenities and the price, around 2000pesos for the night.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Paul J

Reviewed 5 January 2014

This is a busy hotel in a good location but really needs updating, the rooms are very dated and need modernising. It was still good value and the room was clean and very large, in fact it had 2 bedrooms. The staff were good and the hotel has plenty of activity nearby. The hotel has an outdoor swimming pool which is quite attractive. The hotel needs a bar area so residents can have a drink. Internet service only available in reception.

Room Tip: Cottages outside hotel look good
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cerromac
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I have stayed here before but i do not think i will stay here again.
During check in the desk clerc tried to scam me out of $1000 US for a 'security deposit' even though the room was paid for in advance. They gave us the wrong room and would not change it.
The bathrooms need to be renovated, it needs an exhaust fan and the combined bath/shower is dangerous.
The computers are full of viruses and are real slow. It took me about 45 minutes to do what should have only taken 15 minutes, and i was charged for the privelage.
The free breakfast is hit and miss and i would advise not to eat from any of the uncovered fruit or salad plates after watching guests cough and sneeze at it. I brought this to the attention of staff but they didn't seem concerned.
The pool area needs an upgrade. The change rooms were discusting, the pool water was heavily chlorinated and caused skin and eye irritation. They also need an adults only area, getting splashed and crowded by kids while trying to relax is not enjoyable.
On the positive side most of the staff were friendly and the view from the rooms is nice if you are overlooking the villas. The only real problem is the price, $50 - $60 US per night is the most this place is worth, not the $100 US per night we payed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the villas. Don't pay more than $60 per night for a room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Blewvane
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I had a chance to have a seminar at this hotel. Food was average but the best part was the pre-arranged tour of the villas located at the back of the hotel. The villas are designed for long term stay with high-end guests in mind so the facilities are first class. I think most of the expats who stay here are executives working in the nearby export processing zones.

Would love to stay in the villas but the prices are quite expensive.

Visit also the 50's themed cafe in one of the upper floors. You can see the old Coke logo and some cars and gas pumps circa l950's. I was told that the other Crown Regency hotels in Cebu also had the same 50's themed cafe,

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2013

The hotel is a little dated but clean. The customer service is poor compared to other hotels I stayed in during my visit to Cebu, it was hard work getting staff to acknowledge you were there at times, a good morning and are you enjoying your staff would not go a miss now and then, the door staff very really opened the door for you and you had to ask them to get you a taxi, it seemed like it was to much trouble for them but they did do it. The 50's bar is quite good and has entertainment on most nights but isn't advertised that I could see, the staff in the bar spend too much time flirting with western guys sat on the bar stools and watching TV, they seem to forget about the guests sat at the tables, every time I wanted some service I had to get their attention and at times it felt I was interfering with their flirting and TV shows, removing the bar stools would help. I could not fault the house keeping they cleaned the rooms and changed the beds daily and did so to a good standard. I have read people complain of the views from their rooms, yes it's not that good but remember where you are.
Apart from the moans above that a decent manager could sort out in next to no time I enjoyed my stay and possible would book there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The room is nice and big but needs some refurbishing. The night before my departure i arranged for an airport shuttle at a specific time which was confirmed. A few minutes before my check out i called concierge to confirm my shuttle transfer but I was told that I am not allowed to join the shuttle since there will be a VIP boarding the shuttle at that same time and only part of the VIP's entourage will be allowed. I was very disappointed and told the concierge that I will not accept such reason and i don't care whoever is boarding that shuttle because I am a guest too. They called after a few minutes and told me that if I will go down right away they will take me to the airport. So i checked out, I have with me a sling traveling bag which was bit heavy, when I came down at the lobby the bellmen just looked at me but never offered to help me with my bag. They told me to just proceed to the shuttle which was parked at the entrance, i proceeded to the shuttle, but nobody was there, so i stood and waited for somebody to assist me. The doorman/security guard noticed me and inquired if I am taking the shuttle and i answered yes, it was him who called concierge to open the van and switch on the air con because I was standing in the heat. The housekeeping was quite efficient in assisting me with my requests though.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Located just 10 minuted from the airport and is quite nice with excellent service.
Property has restaurant, bars, coffee and a minimart for small stuff.

It was a pain to get a taxi in the morning, it took 40 minutes.
Beds were extremely nice, I could sleep like a baby.
Upon checking in at 6PM there was someones plate and glass on the 5th floor hallway, when going to the breakfast on the next morning it was still there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business