“The real deal”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2014

You know how it is, you go to a restaurant regularly and you order the same thing. Well this time we ordered some spring rolls and some green papaya salad to share while we waited for the main event. Brilliant as usual. Then we plonked all the main courses in the middle to share. The dry beef curry I ordered was exceptional (do not try this unless you like real thai food - very spicy) but the chicken with a black pepper and garlic sauce blew me away. New favourite - moist, spicy and comforting. Proper thai food.

5  Thank Gary M

Reviewed 7 October 2013

If you are in Torre del Mar, do not miss this restaurant. The service is very good and the food is always delicious. The food is authentic Thai and balanced in flavor. I look forward to eating at Bhua Luang again.

3  Thank Jensen53
Reviewed 27 September 2013

If you like your Thai food really spicy and don't mind the presentation that you will prefer this restaurant to Siam Lounge. It lacks any form of sophistication.

1  Thank CatyChe
Reviewed 12 September 2013

One of the finest cuisines in the world is the Thai kitchen, in my humble opinion that is. and the fact that we have such a fine restaurant in our midst here in Torre del Mar is a great and delightful pleasure. In most Spanish restaurants you get the same story every day: fried fish in some variations and ham and sausage, NO vegetables, except maybe some salad which lost it's way in a horrifying pink sauce..... So I am really more than happy with the Thai restaurant of Noi and Chris, called Bhua Luang. All fresh ingredients cooked and wokked on the very moment, very well tasting and spicy ( if you want! and I do!!!), a delightful choice of plates, this is a restaurant as I like it. Maybe one day I hope they can afford some new seats, but you can still find me there at least once a week! Come and see and treat yourself with real excellent fresh and tasteful cooking!!!!!

2  Thank handsondrums
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Went at weekend with friends and although very busy, we were not disappointed. We had a variety of dishes as there was 7 of us. I had the hot Thai salad to start with, fabulous but not for the faint hearted as it was hot hot, but very tasty. My friend and I had stuffed squid Thai style with boiled rice, and are so glad we tried it as it was different, the herbs etc it was filled with had excellent flavours and aromas. The duck on the 'special board' my husband tried and said it was delicious. All in all we were all 'happy bunnies' full of wonderful Thai food and good wine. Thanks for a lovely evening Chris and Noi. We will be back.

2  Thank 450kate