“Lovely little gem on the fish quay”
Review of Dodgin's Yard

Dodgin's Yard
Ranked #22 of 118 Restaurants in North Shields
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Visited with my husband and our 4 year old daughter for brunch, and it was lovely. I had sausage sandwich, husband had brisket hash, and little one had sausage, beans and toast (not in the menu so very accommodating).

We shall definitely be returning with our older children (they were at school) and look forward to a Sunday lunch, a sharing board or another brunch!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A lovely bar/restaurant on the fish quay. Very reasonably priced. The quality and the quantity of the food was excellent. Three meat platter excellent value. Washed down with beer, gin and wine. A visit is well recommended

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our second visit here but our first to try the Sunday dinners. We had booked so had requested the window table, the weather was ok so the window was open and it made it feel very cosmopolitan watching the world go by on the now busy quay. We ordered a mix of chicken and beef dinners plus one vegetarian apricot nut roast. The children ordered the small ones but when they arrived they were nearly the size of the full ones! The chicken was exceptional, crispy skin and so tasty, I was informed that the beef was equally as lovely. The bowls of vegetables came out and my goodness me, we were spoilt for choice! Special thumbs up for the champ mash, the roast potatoes which were quite simply the tastiest ever, the mashed carrot and swede and for me the carrots which were roasted and possibly caramelised were delicious. The kids polished off every single vegetable left and every ounce of gravy! Thankfully we had room to share puddings, the Oreo cheesecake and Dime bar pie were devoured in about three minutes! It would be lovely to have had an option of a hot pudding and custard although maybe it's the wrong time of year for that. So we can't wait to come back....the customer service was exceptional as it was the first time too. Make sure you book and get that lovely window table if the weather is good!

Scott T, Manager at Dodgin's Yard, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thankyou for this amazing review. We are glad you enjoyed your second experience at Dodgin's Yard as much as the first. We can't wait to have you back to dine with us again. Thanks, DY.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

8th June

This restaurant is simply adorable the amount of work that has been done deserves a mention, its simple and yet stunning, old and yet so modern,
a big applause.

We were seated right next to the window, I've got to say prime spot and thank you
within a minute or so water with lemon and ice were brought to the table a great touch

We ordered drinks, what I really liked here was the knowledge of the beer, locally produced and definitely worth trying.

The staff are on point and very helpful, we ordered a non-menu sauce for the chicken and it was made without fuss and it was simply perfect, many thanks for that.

It has an outside seating area with a great view over the Tyne

Mains
2 meats 2 sides and 1 sauce
Flat Iron Steak, medium simply put excellent, Lamb Kofteh full of flavour
and chips which come with sliced peppers, please check the pictures
the meal for £17-95 is outstanding value

Spice Rubbed Chicken Breast with Chips
with a specially requested sauce
the chicken was cooked to perfection and melted in the mouth the sauce was rich and gorgeous £6-95 again outstanding Value

Deserts
Oreo Cheesecake
Lemon Tart

both deserts were beautiful

we had a fabulous evening here with great food and a fantastic dinning experience
would I recommend Dodgins Yard
Yes without hesitation
I would also add don't be scared to ask a question if you want something off menu
I'm sure if they can they will, all credit here we aske and got a beautiful sauce made for us

I would like to thank the Staff and Head Chef Wayne for making us feel so welcome
see you all soon

please look at the pictures

Scott T, General Manager at Dodgin's Yard, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for taking the time for this in-depth review. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a pretty impressive review like this. We can't wait to have you back here at Dodgin's Yard. Thanks, DY.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived as guests for our good friends wedding, and stepped in to this fabulous venue on North shields fish quay. We were greeted with a drink by very friendly and attentive staff. Dodgins yard has a cracking atmosphere and is immaculately presented. The weather was lovely and we also could spill outside and sit in the sunshine on tables and chairs with a lovely view up and across the river Tyne. Back inside with some great background music we all got settled and went through the motions at the wedding. After this we were presented with what I can only describe as the most amazingly tasty food I have eaten in a while. Presented so well, but the taste of the various offerings on the starters and platters was delicious as were the desserts. The day went off without any problems. Have to take my hat off to Scott the Manager and his staff for making it such a memorable day for myself and everyone else attending this special day including the Bride and Groom. And I applaud the chef and kitchen staff on delivering exemplary food for everyone to enjoy.

Faultless.
Bravo !!

1  Thank Mark B

Thanks for taking the time out to leave this review about our debut wedding. We're glad to hear you had as good of a day as we did. We can't wait to have you back to dine at Dodgins. Thanks, DY.