“3 star hotel with 5 star service”

Bayside Hotel Katsaras
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Kremasti
wales
“3 star hotel with 5 star service”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I too cannot understand such negative reports, we are seasoned travellers, staying in some supposingly top class hotels which have failed to deliver,lthis is not one of them. The hotel is situated in wonderful grounds with the beach 30m away, unfortunatly the beach is shaly, but 2m into the sea, there is nice clean sand. They have a nice swimming pool plenty of sunbeds and is spotless. As far as the aircraft noise, it is unintrusive in the rooms, but can be noisy at times around the pool. All the staff, who include Nick, Steve, Irene, Sav and of course the both cleaners, overseen by bossman Mr George and wife are ambassadors for their trade, and cannot do enough for you. Many guests we spoke to return year after 'year, ourselves are returning again in September, and believe me, if it wasn't up to standard, we wouldn't be returning, irrespective of the price. We had three meals at the hotel, the food was good basic Greek cuisine (2 course). I would have no hesitation in recommending Bayside as an excellent value for money holiday. We spent most days at the beach where Dimitri charges 3e each for a sunbed and parasol.

Room Tip: Sea rooms have a wonderful view over the gardens to the sea. Taxi from the airport to the hotel cos...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank david w

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I have to start by saying that I can only assume the majority of the negative reviews about this place have been submitted by people with unrealistic expectations. This is a budget hotel and you do not pay a fortune to stay here. With this firmly in mind, what you do get for your money is a basic but very clean room, a good location ideal for exploring Rhodes Town and pleasant, friendly and helpful staff.

It would have been made clear to all prior to booking that air con and safety deposit boxes cost extra, so I am assuming that people just want any excuse for a moan!!

My sister and I were made to feel very welcome by all members of staff and were allocated a sea view room with lovely views over the well-maintained gardens to the beach. The pool area was equally pleasant. Our room was cleaned twice and very thoroughly during our week long stay.

Don't worry too much about the aircraft noise - I am an incredibly light sleeper and was woken only once. The flight path does get busier on Saturdays, but really is not too bad at all.

We mainly ate out as our main intent was to use the hotel as a cheap base for exploring nearby Rhodes town - but when we did eat at the hotel, it was tasty and traditional good Greek food.

Go with realistic expectations and you will be pleasantly surprised. We enjoyed our time there and would definitely return.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Nellie298
Reviewed 24 April 2012 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed at this hotel august last year (2011) I wasn't impressed that we had to pay 50 euros for the safe ( even though the safe is in the front reception area and not in the room like most hotels I have been to) and 50 euros for the air con when we arrived that was just for one week and we were staying for 2 weeks.We got given our key and didn't even get offered any help to the room. Our room was on the top floor and we started to unpack then a man knocked on the door saying we have been given the wrong room so we had to pack up again and go on the the level below. We tried the food at the hotel for the first day after that we just went out to restraunts every night even though we paid half board. I'm abit fussy with my food but my partner will eat anything that's put in front of him but the food in the hotel he even said it wasn't nice at all and it's very rare he refuses to eat any food. I found the entertainment very boring for 2 weeks running they did karaoke every night. And didn't stop till about 3 in the morning so didn't get much sleep at all. Anyone who is going be WARNED this hotel is under a really bad flight path me and my partner timed it between them and it was 3 minutes between each plan. So if your staying at this hotel make sure you take ear plugs. Every morning the cleaners would come round between 8-9 if you don't want them to come in while your in your room lock your door and keep the key in the back of the door. The swimming pool we managed to sit round on our last 2 days coz there isn't enough loungers for the amount of people in the hotel but lucky people to started to leave. if you plan on going to the beach b warned you have to pay 2 euros for each sun lounger. If you like pebble beaches then this is the beach for you no sand in sight. Just to add keep an eye out for ants in the bathroom from the smelly drains and you will b lucky if u get hot water mayb Luke warm. On a good note the bar at the back set in the gardens is the best on the site best food going and u can look onto the beach as ur eating or drinking. The excursions I went on through Olympic holidays was well worth it if you like history then make sure you go on them. we went to Rhodes old town one day and b warned there is a group of women who grab ya and start putting wrist bands on ya telling you a load of crap then before you know you got to pay 10 euros.

I hope this has helped but I not be returning again

Stayed August 2011
8 Thank essexi

Travellers are raving about these Kremasti hotels

Strood, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2011

My daughter (18) and I spent 10 days here in September, booking last minute and as this was our 12 Greek Island, we knew roughly what to expect. However, when I read the reviews here, i must say I was a bit concerned but as we are "glass half full" kinda people we thought we'd give it a go! And we are so glad we did. I am a vegetarian and Irene made sure every night that my plate was full of veggie options. Nick was a wonderful host and proprieter. And Steve ran a lovely cafe/bar in the back garden overlooking the sea.
The food isn't the best you could ask for and yes you do clear your plates away but we didn't think anything of it. The rooms were cleaned every day with new towels added.
We got a bus, 2.40 Euros, to Rhodes old town a couple of times, which was easy as Kremasti is the end of the line, so it was empty, coming back was more of a push :-) If you want plush, 5 star accommodation, with waiters at your beck and call, book a 5 star hotel but if you want a family run hotel with a fabulous beach, wonderful hosts and lovely other visitors (we are still in conatct with a lovely lady we met) go to Bayside Hotel, we are going back next year, taking my husband and my daughter's boyfriend as we had a relaxing holiday and still have plenty to see. if you know Greece, you will not be dissappointed with this hotel, if it is your 1st trip or you require luxury, book elsewhere as it will leave Bayside for all of us who loved it!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
13 Thank OldGrindle
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We have just spent a month at the Bayside met lots of people to whom we give the same advice if you have a problem or complaint do not tell others tell the staff whoo will do everything in their power to ensure your stay is a pleasant one, we yet again had a fantastic time, the staff are just great Mr George is a gentleman who likes things done correctly, Mrs Sadie likes the place spruce and clean, Nick only to happy to ensure your stay is a good one, Steve does a great job at the snack bar and takes pride in his cooking and presentation, Nickos what a fabulous bloke never a dull moment, Irene what a hard working lady who really does care what people think of the food and service, Freda and Jenny do all they can and more to make the rooms clean and tidy I wanted to bring Jenny home with me, then there are people like Natalie who helps in the kitchen she can teach a few people on how to clean a kitchen, and monnelis the gardner he just great. The hotel is what you make of it, but let me assure you of this if you are willing to mix with all nationalities, live and let live you will have a great time. Next year the hotel is going self catering so perhaps the people who have not enjoyed the food might like to see what they can afford on the same budget.

Room Tip: We prefer room off the ground floor
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank keithybaby57
Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We have just been on a budget holiday for a week in Rhodes at a hotel called the bayside which is run by a greek family, on booking the trip we were a little concerned at the price because for a week at the bayside half board, flights and transfers for a cost of two hundred and eight pound each we thought a little dubious at such a small cost, but we were wrong, it was a fantastic place and so central to Rhodes etc, the rooms are very basic but liveable and we had a balcony which gave us a sort of view of the sea. It really was only when we got to know the people that ran the hotel, Nick and his wife Irene and his brother Steve are lovely people and nothing was too much trouble, they made our holiday so much more. The cleaning staff came in every day with clean bedding etc and they are so honest.I remember on one occassion we had a cooked breakfast outside in the gardens and I left my egg due to the fact I dont like the white of the egg, the next day we ordered a breakfast and low and behold the had carefully cut the white from the eggs and presented us with a great breakfast, its the little thing that matter when you are on holiday and for them to remember our dislikes came as a good surprise, I had also lost my wedding ring and thought that I would not see it again, but that evening Nick looked at my hand and asked me if I had lost my ring, on answering yes he presented me with my lost ring, the maids had found it under the bed and handed it in, now that is honesty, greek people are good people and if you show them respect you will get it back by the bucketfull.The hotel is only 50 yards from the pool and its warm waters are very enticing. We hired a quad bike and rode it through the mountains to the other end of the Island it was brilliant. I did not think much of Rhodes new town but the old town is fantastic surrounded by castle walls and cobbled narrow streets with the locals sat on there steps watching the world go by, it is greece at its best and I would recommend it to anyone, we are going back next year and its almost seems like we are visiting family at the bayside. The food is home cooked and for some people like myself that is very fussy about my food I found that if you dont eat with your eyes but just taste with your mouth you will be pleasantly surprised, the only negative thing I found was the breakfast as it is a continental breakfast consisting of sliced meats and cheese etc, but you can have toast and conservatives. Try this hotel and you will want to return again and again. Great place nice and hot 30-36 degrees in september. It wont be to everyones taste but for such a small price what do you excpect costs are cut thinly but as I say for 200 quid each we really cant gripe. well done Nick and family we will see you again next year.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dennis048
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2011

We have just come back from the bayside hotel after a week in the greek sun, and all in all in we had a lovely holiday.

The hotel is a family run affair, and all staff were always pleasant and helpful. It wasnt too busy, which was good as it meant it was not swarming with people and but it did mean the dinner and breakfast was limited (and of average quality) also we are vegetarians so there was a night or two when there wasnt anything we could really have apart from salad due to everything else containing meat.

Room cleanliness was average, clean towels and sheets every day but on the last day we moved the bed and there was a empty condom wrapper on the floor that wasnt ours! So make sure you have a good look at your room before you settle in in case you find the same!

The pool area was excellent and always clean, very cold but ideal for cooling off after sunbathing. You may also see the cat that visits the hotel pool area (and sometimes inside the hotel!) regularly as well, very clean, tame and friendly despite it actually being a stray! The owners hate it but its funny watching them chase it off and it sneak back in a few minutes later!

In the photos there is a bar in the centre of the pool, this wasnt open at all when we stayed and didnt look like it had been used for a while.

Air-con is an extra charge on arrival if you wanted it, which was the first time we'd had to do that, but it was nice having it! Also there is a set of pay-as-you-go computers downstairs if you need to update facebook when you are away :)

There are shops nearby and stuff like cans of drinks, bottles of water, food etc were all well priced. And if you are like us and couldnt/didnt want to eat in the hotel, there is a lovely restaurant over the road and the main bloke there is a legend - very funny and friendly - however if you are on a budget the hotel has a small seaside cafe between it and the beach that is cheaper than the nearby restaurant - but of the same great quality.

The surrounding area including the beach wasn't bad, but there was a lot of litter about - this may be true of all of Rhodes but it was quite bad outside and around the area we were in. Beaches were mostly pebble stones but some were quite pretty.

If you are a light sleeper, then this part of Rhodes in general may not be for you as you get quite a few planes flying overhead.. quite loud at times - also this hotel does karaoke a few nights of the week (one night till 2:30am!) which was very loud and wasnt for us at all - annoying trying to sleep over someone seeing "my way" really badly haha

All in all it was ok, fine for the amount we paid really so if you just want cheap greek sun then go for it - if we went again we would probably pay a bit more and go for somewhere a bit better and in an area that wasnt directly under the landing route for the airport!

Room Tip: Sea view is much prettier, but no sun on your balconys! We were facing a field but woke up to the su...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GemAndOl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kremasti
Pylea Beach Hotel
#31 of 126 in Rhodes Town
Electra Palace Rhodes
Electra Palace Rhodes
#2 of 31 in Ialyssos

Been to Bayside Hotel Katsaras? Share your experiences!