“nice sea view”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Kremasti
Stockholm, Sweden
“nice sea view”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

my stay was OK with no problems.
i booked it based on the pictures posted.
my room was sea facing which gave a nice view.
they provide you with stove, utensils and refrigerator, so u can cook if u want.
one supermarket and few nice restaurants were stone throw away.
quality of furniture, bedding, towels was not good. shower was horrible.
they charge extra for A/C, we were not aware of this.
overall the property was not that good as projected in pictures.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank abhishubh

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Ambleside, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I booked this holiday on the internet a few weeks before we went for less than £300 for two people (one adult one child) for a week in early July. Bearing in mind that this included the flights I really don't see why people are griping about the hotel... you get what you pay for and you surely can't expect 5* luxury at less than £100 a week!

Anyway, so we arrived in Rhodes and took a taxi to the hotel. Taxi was 12 euros but was cheaper than shuttle and we arrived in less than 10mins. Greeted by very friendly receptionist who offered us a choice of rooms and made fuss of four year old.

Room was basic and perhaps a little small, but very clean. There was a small kitchenette with two rings, fridge, cutlery, pans. It didn't have any sharp knives of big spoons to serve pasta/cook with but no problem, the lady at reception provided them for us when asked. I did find it a little odd there was no kettle or microwave - you'd struggle with a baby. I did have to warm milk/water in pans for four year old but wasn't major hassle.

Pool area was clean and there was a separate children's area. The bar in the middle was close when we were there but they were getting it ready and in fact opened it the day we left. There is a lovely little snack bar which serves breakfast/lunch/snacks/evening meals and ice creams/drinks and overlooks the sea. We had a couple of lovely meals (great greek salad) for very reasonable price.

The beach is literally a step out of the hotel but beware the beach isn't sandy! We spent most the time at the pool.

Maid service were supposed to only change towels twice a week, but they were in our room every day cleaning, changing towels, mopping etc. It really did make a difference and they were really nice and friendly.

Supermarket is just over the road and we picked up some basic bits and ate breakfast and lunch in our room for convenience. I even bough some wine at 3 euros a bottle to have in the room as most places were charging 3 euros a glass! The Ideal bar, next to the supermarket, was our favorite place to go in the evening - very reasonable, lots of fresh food and a great choice. They also do a breakfast for 5 euros which we had a couple of times and then skipped lunch.

One day, we went to the little waterpark which is part of the hotel next door. Under three are free and its 15 euros for adults. Was a great day out for the four year old who can swim as there were lots of little slides and fountains and then a bigger slide she could go on accompanied.

All in all we had a great time. Weather was hot. There were a lot of foreign people here and not many British people around (Germans mostly) but everyone got on well - some nice holiday strangers kept knocking on our door to give the four year old chocolate! There wasn't a lot of children in the hotel and the few there were were not English speaking which was a shame for my daughter. Entertainment was only on in the main school holidays. I'd definitely go back for a cheap break again - I've never stayed in such a clean cheap hotel! Though I did miss the kids clubs and entertainment in the evening (we were in bed by 9pm most nights but at least we came back rested) you do get what you pay for so I really didn't mind too much.

Give it a whirl, you won't be disappointed!

P.S. I forgot about the planes. Not really a problem but occasionally the last plane was about 11pm and then the first arriving about six - gave us a shock on the first morning but after that was ok but then we are both good sleepers!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank alfiethetortoise
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We went as a family, my sister, mum, dad and I. The hotel had just swapped to being self-catering so was equipped basically but when we asked for things that were not in our rooms they were provided. The people running this hotel were all lovely, friendly and helpful. They willingly helped us out whenever we needed anything, even driving us to a local restaurant after my dad fell and hurt himself so he was unable to walk any distance. We were given a choice of rooms depending on where we would rather be and the Gardner provided us with figs straight from the tree that were delicious. The hotel was clean, the bins were emptied daily and during a 7 night stay our towels and sheets were changed 3 times. The proximity to the beach had attracted us to this accommodation and we were not disappointed. It was a short walk and we all enjoyed a swim or two in the sea. We were disappointed that the pool bar wasn't open but it was pre-season so we understood why. We would definitely recommend this complex. The only real disappointment was the lack of real Greek Tavernas in the area but the snack bar on the opposite corner to the hotel, run by Angelo, and Pegasus up the road were briliant. It is on the flight path but that was a source of interest to us rather than an annoyance.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank JaxxM
wales
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I too cannot understand such negative reports, we are seasoned travellers, staying in some supposingly top class hotels which have failed to deliver,lthis is not one of them. The hotel is situated in wonderful grounds with the beach 30m away, unfortunatly the beach is shaly, but 2m into the sea, there is nice clean sand. They have a nice swimming pool plenty of sunbeds and is spotless. As far as the aircraft noise, it is unintrusive in the rooms, but can be noisy at times around the pool. All the staff, who include Nick, Steve, Irene, Sav and of course the both cleaners, overseen by bossman Mr George and wife are ambassadors for their trade, and cannot do enough for you. Many guests we spoke to return year after 'year, ourselves are returning again in September, and believe me, if it wasn't up to standard, we wouldn't be returning, irrespective of the price. We had three meals at the hotel, the food was good basic Greek cuisine (2 course). I would have no hesitation in recommending Bayside as an excellent value for money holiday. We spent most days at the beach where Dimitri charges 3e each for a sunbed and parasol.

Room Tip: Sea rooms have a wonderful view over the gardens to the sea. Taxi from the airport to the hotel cos...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank david w
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I have to start by saying that I can only assume the majority of the negative reviews about this place have been submitted by people with unrealistic expectations. This is a budget hotel and you do not pay a fortune to stay here. With this firmly in mind, what you do get for your money is a basic but very clean room, a good location ideal for exploring Rhodes Town and pleasant, friendly and helpful staff.

It would have been made clear to all prior to booking that air con and safety deposit boxes cost extra, so I am assuming that people just want any excuse for a moan!!

My sister and I were made to feel very welcome by all members of staff and were allocated a sea view room with lovely views over the well-maintained gardens to the beach. The pool area was equally pleasant. Our room was cleaned twice and very thoroughly during our week long stay.

Don't worry too much about the aircraft noise - I am an incredibly light sleeper and was woken only once. The flight path does get busier on Saturdays, but really is not too bad at all.

We mainly ate out as our main intent was to use the hotel as a cheap base for exploring nearby Rhodes town - but when we did eat at the hotel, it was tasty and traditional good Greek food.

Go with realistic expectations and you will be pleasantly surprised. We enjoyed our time there and would definitely return.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Nellie298
Reviewed 24 April 2012 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed at this hotel august last year (2011) I wasn't impressed that we had to pay 50 euros for the safe ( even though the safe is in the front reception area and not in the room like most hotels I have been to) and 50 euros for the air con when we arrived that was just for one week and we were staying for 2 weeks.We got given our key and didn't even get offered any help to the room. Our room was on the top floor and we started to unpack then a man knocked on the door saying we have been given the wrong room so we had to pack up again and go on the the level below. We tried the food at the hotel for the first day after that we just went out to restraunts every night even though we paid half board. I'm abit fussy with my food but my partner will eat anything that's put in front of him but the food in the hotel he even said it wasn't nice at all and it's very rare he refuses to eat any food. I found the entertainment very boring for 2 weeks running they did karaoke every night. And didn't stop till about 3 in the morning so didn't get much sleep at all. Anyone who is going be WARNED this hotel is under a really bad flight path me and my partner timed it between them and it was 3 minutes between each plan. So if your staying at this hotel make sure you take ear plugs. Every morning the cleaners would come round between 8-9 if you don't want them to come in while your in your room lock your door and keep the key in the back of the door. The swimming pool we managed to sit round on our last 2 days coz there isn't enough loungers for the amount of people in the hotel but lucky people to started to leave. if you plan on going to the beach b warned you have to pay 2 euros for each sun lounger. If you like pebble beaches then this is the beach for you no sand in sight. Just to add keep an eye out for ants in the bathroom from the smelly drains and you will b lucky if u get hot water mayb Luke warm. On a good note the bar at the back set in the gardens is the best on the site best food going and u can look onto the beach as ur eating or drinking. The excursions I went on through Olympic holidays was well worth it if you like history then make sure you go on them. we went to Rhodes old town one day and b warned there is a group of women who grab ya and start putting wrist bands on ya telling you a load of crap then before you know you got to pay 10 euros.

I hope this has helped but I not be returning again

Stayed August 2011
8 Thank essexi

Travellers are raving about these Kremasti hotels

Strood, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2011

My daughter (18) and I spent 10 days here in September, booking last minute and as this was our 12 Greek Island, we knew roughly what to expect. However, when I read the reviews here, i must say I was a bit concerned but as we are "glass half full" kinda people we thought we'd give it a go! And we are so glad we did. I am a vegetarian and Irene made sure every night that my plate was full of veggie options. Nick was a wonderful host and proprieter. And Steve ran a lovely cafe/bar in the back garden overlooking the sea.
The food isn't the best you could ask for and yes you do clear your plates away but we didn't think anything of it. The rooms were cleaned every day with new towels added.
We got a bus, 2.40 Euros, to Rhodes old town a couple of times, which was easy as Kremasti is the end of the line, so it was empty, coming back was more of a push :-) If you want plush, 5 star accommodation, with waiters at your beck and call, book a 5 star hotel but if you want a family run hotel with a fabulous beach, wonderful hosts and lovely other visitors (we are still in conatct with a lovely lady we met) go to Bayside Hotel, we are going back next year, taking my husband and my daughter's boyfriend as we had a relaxing holiday and still have plenty to see. if you know Greece, you will not be dissappointed with this hotel, if it is your 1st trip or you require luxury, book elsewhere as it will leave Bayside for all of us who loved it!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
13 Thank OldGrindle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kremasti
Pylea Beach Hotel
Amathus Beach Hotel Rhodes
Amathus Beach Hotel Rhodes
#10 of 127 in Rhodes Town
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,940 reviews

Been to Bayside Hotel Katsaras? Share your experiences!