“Great holiday - we didn't want to come home !!!”
Review of Emerald Hotel

Emerald Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Kremasti
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Went for 2 weeks with my best friend. We very impressed with the Emerald hotel - good sized room, cleaned everyday, towels and bedding changed frequently. The pool area was lovely with plenty of space and enough sunbeds. The food at the hotel was fantastic with a great choice. We went to the Greek night and enjoyed a traditional greek buffet and entertainment. The staff at the hotel were all fantastic and we had some great times with them. Met some great people throughout the 2 weeks - could not fault the holiday at all. We both wish we were still there x

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Emerald Hotel

Reviewed 28 September 2011

Just returned from a week at the Emerald feeling like we need a holiday! Beds rock hard and although its clean the towels and sheets are very old and grey (fag burn hole in the sheets!) Pool clean with plenty of sunbeds and service OK. We had a room behind the bar, very noisy, when I asked what time the music stops I was told 1am but it was usually on until 2am with lots of loud drunken chatter too - so take ear plugs. Beach is good 6Euro for 2 sunbeds including parasol, but you need water shoes. Kremasti is very quiet (apart from the busy main road running through it) We also found it quite expensive apart from the bus service which is cheap and good. Rhodes town is well worth a trip, we went to Rhodes as we had to check out at 12.00noon and coach not collecting us until 3am - The Emerald has no room available to allow you to shower & change! So if you do want to go, and want to come home feeling like you have had a holiday - book a day flight or book somewhere else!

Room Tip: room farthest away from the bar overlooking the pool look newer and have larger balcony
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my husband this year, from August 17th until August 27th 2011
Rooms clean, beds hard, towels and beds changed regularly!

It is under the flight path, but this really is not a problem, you got used to it very quickly and then didnt hear them.

Dont bother paying for the air conditioning as it only goes down to 17 degrees you would be better off going to buy a fan rather than pay 80 euros per week!

Drinks in bar very expensive, 4.5 euros for a vodka and coke.
Go to the supermarket and buy alcohol its cheaper..
Food in restaurant lovely, but breakfast very basic. you could have a cooked english brekkie but this was 7 euros.

Security Guard is a bit anal about his job, to the point of even asking my husband to give him an explanation of why he was going out at 6am in the morning (he was going to take pics of the sunrise) The security guard was also very strict about going in the pool after hours, although he wouldnt really challenge you, just tell you to get out. so all you skinny dippers beware :) He also tried to kiss my two friends and when one turned him down tried it on with the other one! Beware he is married with two children!

The Ideal bar (out of the front of the hotel and turn right) its on the corner is amazing, we had such fun nights there. The drinks were cheaper, the red wine was lovely. Saskia the owner is lovely and also her daughter Dafni. Pete Jackson is the resident Karaoke DJ, and is lovely, you get a free shot of honey rum if you sing :) Also ask him about singing Barbie girl with Nick Lol. The food here was also very good and the breakfasts if you had a heavy night was a must.

Kremasti is a bit out of the way but okay for a base. I would go again but would not stay at the Emerald and would only go again for the great company of the staff at the Ideal Bar.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I went to Emerald Hotel with my boyfriend in August, got a lovely room and the studio apartment was great. Everything at the Emerald was better than expected, and we had a perfect holiday. The staff there were particlarly amazing and I would recommend drinking in the hotel bar as we had some great nights there. Lovely place and we would definitely recommend it to any other couples.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room on the high floor as we had a great view looking over the pool and could se...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Charlotte124
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I stayed at the Emerald Studios with my 2 teenage sons for a week and we all enjoyed our time there. I paid less than £900 for self catering so it wasn't a high cost holiday and my review reflects this. Firstly, I read the reviews before booking so was aware of the plane noise. They fly low and very regularly directly over the Emerald all day and at night too. If you're a light sleeper you should really stay elsewhere, however, I slept fine.

The studio consisted of 2 rooms; a sleeping area with 3 single beds, a small dining table and typical small kitchen area. A bathroom with a bath and shower in one with plentiful hot water and the usual slightly dodgy drainage :-) We paid for the air con (45 euro for the week, slightly less than double for 2 weeks) as it's essential as the temperature is still in the late 20's at night. Also 30 euro for the late check out. Again I knew about these fees upfront, fair enough.

The hotel, pool area and rooms are very clean. The staff are helpful and friendly, the food is good, decent value if a bit samey (very similar to most of the other local eateries). The maids came every single day, changed the towels every other day and the bedding once. The drinks aren't cheap (2 euros for a small bottle of coke) but again similar to other outlets. The pools area is very pleasant and we never had any problem getting sun beds and sun shade.

As for Kremasti itself, the beach is a 3 minute walk but isn't the best. Mostly large pebbles and not worth more than one walk to it for us. The town is a 20 minute walk along a busy main road and there's not really much there bar a few restaurants and bars. We ate in the square and got a taxi back (8 euro) after which I decided to hire a jeep for 2 days rather than 1 to get a bit further afield.

I ate at the Emerald twice, the first night as we arrived after 9PM and at the Greek night. Both were fine and I quite enjoyed the Greek night, more for laughs than the culture! I would recommend the Ideal bar on the corner 100 yards away, just before the local supermarket for breakfast/brunch. Full English and drink for 5 euro which they serve until 3PM. The Canton chinese, 150 yards up and across the main road towards Rhodes Town (away from Kremasti) is lovely and again very reasonable.

I personally think a week is long enough unless you're going to hire a car for a week. In our 2 days in the jeep we went to Lindos, Go Karting (Stan's near Faliraki) Rhodes Town at night for the harbour and walled old town, Waterpark and Ixia. It really broke up the holiday and I can recommend all places, especailly Rhodes Town for a nice change.

It's the 2nd time I've been to Rhodes, I can honestly say we all had a great time. The Emerald is a nice relaxing place (if you don't mind the plane noise) but I wouldn't rush back simply because of the resort of Kremasti. However, if you can get a cheapy, go!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Keithsafc
Reviewed 11 September 2011

we was meant to stay for 2 weeks ended up leaving a week early. worst holiday ive ever been on would not recommend it to anyone and would definalty NOT go back, only one nice restaurant in the the area, beach was awful.. totally dissapointed..!! underneath flight path planes coming in every 5 minutes not relaxing at all.. only nice thing was the weather. hotel meant to put on entertainment only had karaoke 1 night.. over all 0/10. room were cleaned everyday but towels were ripped and dirty just used dirty stained bed sheets. had alot of ants in our room also.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank millwall49109
Reviewed 3 September 2011

stayed with my family at the emerald 24-31 august, we all had a great time, pools lovely, staff fantastic, rooms clean and spacious. A great budget holiday, cannot believe some of the negative reviews i have read, they obviously paid for 3 star and expected a 5 star service!, will go back again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ann-marie t
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kremasti
D'Andrea Mare Beach Resort
#2 of 7 in Kremasti
Sunny Days Hotel
Sunny Days Hotel
#58 of 126 in Rhodes Town

Been to Emerald Hotel? Share your experiences!