“Fab holiday”
Review of Emerald Hotel

Emerald Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Kremasti
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We had a fantastic 11 nights at the emerald, the hotel is modern with a lovely bar & restaurant , the rooms are very nice with flat screen tv's & basic cooking facilities . The staff are so friendly & will do anything for you , the cocktails are delicious & what you would get in a top cocktail bar :-) . The resort is very small , only the hotel bar & restaurant + ideal bar & restaurant & 1 other restaurant also there is a well stocked supermarket & rio car hire , we paid €60 for 3 days car hire . If you walk to the main road you will find a Chinese , bowling alley, chemist, bakery & petrol station. If you don't mind a walk there's trianda 30 min walk with plenty of shops, bars & restaurants . There is also shops & restaurants on the way . We found an amazing Greek tavern in trianda , which cost €25-€29 for 2 course with wine & water ( when you get to the traffic lights in trianda , go passed them & you will see a video shop with King Kong outside & a total car garage , go down the side of that , it's a bit dark but keep walking & you will see the tavern ) . Rhodes is very easy to drive around , we went all around the island , rhodes town & lindos are very beautiful & worth a visit .from the hotel you will see a cross on top of the hill , if you get a car you must go, it's beautiful with amazing views & during the day you can go up the cross , there is also a monastery with peacocks walking freely . I would go back tomorrow , we had an amazing time :-)

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Loubie16

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I have recently returned from a weeks holiday at the Emerald Hotel, and i really wish i was still there! This review is rather long, but please do read on...

The short transfer to the Emerald Hotel meant that our long day of travelling was soon over! After a quick check-in, we were being shown to our room: a very spacious and clean apartment with one bedroom and two single beds in the main living area. The bathroom was of good size, and the small amount of kitchen facilities did not matter, as the fridge, kettle and toaster were enough for anyone wanting to enjoy their holiday outside of the apartment! Double doors led out onto a large balcony from both rooms, with views of the complex.

We did not pay for air conditioning (a standard €45 a week charge), which was probably a good thing considering we only had one unit in the bedroom, therefore not posing much use for the holiday. The heat was therefore noticeable but bearable if you kept the doors open all night.

The complex itself was spacious, with three pools, a play area, a grass area for football and volleyball and, of course, the bar. The surrounding area is rather quiet, however there are a variety of restaurants within walking distance, all serving both traditional and international food at reasonable prices. (I highly recommend Zorba’s Family restaurant which is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Brilliant, friendly service and extremely good priced food!) The supermarket just a minute (or less!) walk away had anything you would need, along with friendly and helpful staff.

If not eating out, the food at the hotel was extremely good, along with the service. Greek night is definitely one you cannot miss, due to the huge buffet with salad, traditional Greek dishes and a lot of grilled meat! Food was shortly followed by Greek dancers, and no matter how adamant you are about staying in your seat, it will not work! This, however, did not matter, as it is brilliant! (Ladies – if you fancy dancing with two Greek men, and possibly even George the cheeky waiter, then do the last dance, you will not be disappointed!) Rock night was also great, with live music and some exceptional guitar skills on show!

However, the staff at the Emerald are the main reason why I will definitely be returning in the future. I cannot recall a time where Dominic was not smiling, or when George was not laughing or joking about with guests. Every single member of staff (including George, Dominic, Chris, Demi, Theo and the rest!) went out of their way to make your holiday as perfect as they could, and I really could not have asked for more! Nothing was ever too much for the staff at the Emerald, including maids as well as the barmen. By the end of the holiday, I did not feel like a guest, but more of a friend to everyone there. I couldn't speak more highly of these people if I tried.

As our coach arrived to take us home on Saturday night, I felt my heart sink (literally!) Dominic handed us an umbrella for our return to Birmingham (which still cracks me up when I think about it) and carried our luggage to the coach before many hugs and kisses were exchanged – and then, to my disappointment, we were off!

I have already begun the process of selling the Emerald Hotel to my parents, and I really cannot wait to return! Probably the best holiday I have ever had. Thank you again to all the staff, cannot fault any of you at all.

- Also, when buying food or drink, you can get 50 minutes free WIFI from the bar staff, which is great if you’re a 16 year old who is ever so slightly attached to their phone, like me.

As George would say, 'The little one' - Birmingham

Room Tip: All rooms in the 600's seem relitively new, with the better view on the top floor. Room 613 is p...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Maddie W
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We have just returned from a week stay at the Emerald hotel. The aparthotel was set in lovely well maintained gardens with access to three pools and a small playpark for kids. The rooms were immaculate and were cleaned daily, clean towels and clean sheets were provided every single day. The food was lovely and was freshly prepared. The staff were always very helpful and friendly. The only downside was the location, it's a very quiet area so you can struggle for things to do in the evening. However you can catch a bus into Rhodes town which only takes around 25 mins. The Knights castle is well worth a visit if you go into Rhodes. There is a small waterpark a few minutes walk from the Emerald which is reasonably priced although the staff at the waterpark leave a lot to be desired! There is also a lovely bakery at the top of the road which sells the most amazing breakfast rolls, chocolate crepes and handmade chocolates! scrummy! I would definitely recommend staying here but only if you want a very relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool get the sunlight flooding in at 4am so you have to really cover the glass...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrea E
Reviewed 2 August 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a fortnight (first two weeks in July) holiday at the Emerald, and what a wonderful holiday it was! We have visited quite a few of the Greek islands over the years and have come to know what to expect, but this place is a little “gem” (pardon the pun)…please read on.
Arriving late evening, we were warmly welcomed by Spiros who gave us a quick overview and showed us to our allocated apartment 314 on the first floor overlooking the courtyard area opposite the reception. Both bedroom and kitchen diner were very clean and well equipped. The bathroom had a bath with over bath shower, and even had a fitted hair dryer. We had maid service every day to clean, make the beds, and empty the bins. We were given clean ben linen and towels every other day.
The pool area was ideal and well thought out with two large pools and a shallow pool for toddlers. There were plenty of free sunbeds and fixed parasols for shade.
The garden area had a volley ball net for the energetic, and a kiddies play area complete with the usual slides and swings, but my main interest was the bar area and restaurant. Buffet breakfast for those who wanted it on a morning made way for a snack menu during the day, and the main menu for the evenings included Greek dishes, Gyros, grilled meats and a selection of fresh fish to compliment. Draught and bottled beer/larger was readily available and the range of cocktails were spectacular…which brings me onto the staff. I cannot praise them enough, they really made our holiday! Dominic, girlfriend Demi, and his mother Maria made us very welcome indeed as did the barmen Christos and George. What fun we had of an evening watching them make the cocktails and the banter in between. Chef Theo made some tremendous dishes especially on BBQ evenings and the other guest were all very friendly and chilled out, smitten with the hospitality.
A short five minute walk brought you to the clear turquoise sea and shingle beach if you like that sort of thing. The sea was quite choppy most days due to the constant breeze on that side of the island. A short but ride from the top of the street takes you into Rhodes town, where the “old town” is a must.
All in all a fantastic relaxing holiday thanks to all at the Emerald.
Colin & Sheila

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Colin B
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Firstly, I didn't personally stay at the Emerald hotel but feel compelled to write a review none the less. I had many many lunches and cocktails there purely because of the people, they were amazing. This place is 5 mins from Katsaras hotel and great for a relaxing afternoon being completely pampered by the staff in the most genuine way! Good food, good banter and when I went to say goodbye I'd never had so many hugs and kisses in my life! Please take time to drop in you won't regret it!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Firstly, we booked this holiday, 24 hours before departure and therefore we did not have high expectations (it was a cheap getaway at £250 per person in the school holidays!), however the hotel met and surpassed them.
We arrived in the middle of the night, as the first thing we desperately needed was air-con. 45 euro later we were nice and chilled in our apartment. Although I thought the air con was expensive it was a cost that made our holiday better, as the sun was so hot, it was nice to return to somewhere nice and cool.

The rooms are well presented, the kitchen is basic (we didn't cook, just used the toaster and fridge), the beds were comfy and the balcony/terrace was nice and spacious. We had a flat screen tv with an English news channel. The hotel needs to invest in some new pillows as that was the only thing that kept me from sleeping.

As we are so close to the airport you can hear planes overhead. They are noisy, but they are not continuous, and we enjoyed looking at the planes, working out which country they are from etc. We did not mind them at all.

Before we bought the holiday we were informed by Thompson that there are two resorts 20 mins away with several bars, restaurants, and shops. This is not true. There are two villages, which are laid back with virtually no tourism. Near the hotel there are a couple of restaurants and a supermarket. On a evening we struggled to find things to do which didn't involve sitting in the hotel bar/ restaurant. If you are looking for a laid back, relaxing holiday then this hotel is perfect. We went into Rhodes town for two evenings, it was a local bus service and was really easy to figure out.

The pool area was brilliant, two large pools and plenty of sunbeds.

The staff were fantastic, and were really helpful.

The only problem I found with this hotel, it that when it was checking out time (12pm), our flight was not until 2am, and there were no showering facilities (apart from by the pool). So we had to spend over 12 hours outside of our hotel room with no facilities to feel properly refreshed. We were offered the use of pool showers, and as odd as it looked we used them. Bikini on, shampoo, conditioner and shower gel! After 38 degrees, 12 hours of no hotel room it was the only option we had without spending 50 euro.

Overall, we really enjoyed our holiday, and if the hotel had a better location we would definitely return.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow and bring an extra 45 euro for Air conditioning
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The self catering facilities at this hotel were very basic , two rings which did not work properly , toaster, kettle . We had to take turns with the cups as there were two big ones and one little one.The cleaning was very basic , old stains on sheets , dead spider pushed to a different place in the bathroom each time , I don't think the shower head had ever been cleaned . I think the air con price was a bit steep and it seemed that the hotel wanted money for almost everything. We could not keep our room and my disabled friend was told to shower outside , which would have been difficult and uncomfortable for her , fortunately someone offered her the use of their shower. The staff were friendly , but didn't seem to be very helpful unless it meant us spending money in the hotel, The pools were great , tho there is not much else in the immediate area . The buses are regular, cheap and easy to use, and the car hire over the road is pretty reasonable, so getting out and about is not a problem . The planes stopped us sleeping for the first two nights then we got used to them and they only woke us occasionally . Generally the noise from the planes is annoying and intrusive , I would not use this hotel again .

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 914karis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kremasti
D'Andrea Mare Beach Resort
#5 of 7 in Kremasti
Garden Hotel
Garden Hotel
#1 of 1 in Pastida

Been to Emerald Hotel? Share your experiences!