“Very good accommodation”

Ranked #1 of 6 Kremasti B&B and Inns
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Very good accommodation”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The positives & there are a lot ! This review is based on trip sept 2011.
1. Very clean, comfortable rooms.
2. Lovely pool area with clean pools & plenty of comfy sunbeds.
3. Friendly & helpful staff from maids to bar staff. All family I think.
4. Reasonably priced food & drinks.
5. Only 10 mins max from airport.
6. Local supermarket 1 mins walk.
7. Nice and quiet - don't come if you're after a wild time.
8. Bus stop 150 m away with good bus link to Rhodes town - def worth a visit.
9. Good range of well priced restaurants and few bars in town.
10. Ac was quiet and v welcome. (extra charge)
The aircraft - yes they do come right over you but I never heard them inside the room and tbh after a while you hardly notice them. This was something I was worried about but wasn't a problem.

The Negatives - nothing to do with accommodation
Beach isn't great and that's it.
If you want beaches hire a car (opposite hotel) and go to Lindos or kolymbia. Lindos is beautiful too.

To sum up - great value accommodation in a quiet area yet easy to get to anywhere else you might want to go
Would use hotel again if go back to Rhodes.

Room Tip: We had room on first floor backing on to smaller pool and was quiet and rather lovely.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Terry187045

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
Ormskirk, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Me and my Husband have stayed at the Esmeralda now for 12 years. Some years we have been twice. It is a great family run Hotel.
The Family can't do enough to help you.
The rooms are clean and modern. Over the years we have watched the hotel get bettter and better. Every year they have added to the Hotel.
They have a good size swimming pool, which is kept clean, If the Mum isn't cooking, she is cleaning and when shes not cleaning shes serving on bar etc.
The dad is always working on the Hotel, serving on bar, cooking in kitchen, they just all work so hard.
All the food there is homemade cooking with Greek specials.
We always ate at the hotel, the food is that good there is no need to eat out.
Every holiday we have had there, the family have made us feel welcome.
Even down to eating there lunch time and night.
When we where last at Hotel in May 2012 the Mum Esmeralda, made us a Greek dish. Lemon Chicken, Roast Potatoes. Esmeralda was making it for the family and asked if we would like it too.
Like always it was fantastic.
I have to be honest, i get fed up with peoples comments on here. Its a really good Hotel.
Yes its close to airport and you can hear planes, but after a day or so you get used to the noise.

Manthos is one of there Sons, he also works very hard in Hotel.

But i would like to end my review by saying.
Emeralda's other Son Dimitris, was tragically taken from us in June 2012.
It was such shocking News to come home too. We had only been home 2 weeks when we where given the news.
He was killed in a Motorbike accident.
He was a good lad and had a Heart of Gold.
Miss you loads Dimitris, Rest in Peace.
You were loved by many. Thank you for all the good times and we have many happy memories of you.

God Bless you all.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank Emma_K123
CHESTER UK
Reviewed 21 August 2012

My partner and myself have been to the Esmeralda twice a year since 2002 except last year and this year 2012 when we have stayed a month. We wouldn't stay anywhere else. The food is excellent all cooked by the mother Esmeralda. The family cant do enough for you. Sadly this year just isn't the same as the son Dimitris was killed on his motor bike June 24th and he is very much missed by all. He was a true friend who would do anything for you. It is so sad to see the family having to carry on their business when they must be broken hearted. The rooms are clean and the pool is lovely some hotels dont have one! The only down sides although they dont bother us is the hotel is on a very busy road so if you have little kids you would have to watch them at all times and the airplanes pass over the hotel a couple of times a week on the way to the run way but it is no different than living near an airport at home. Oh nearly forgot Tommies Bar is just a few hundred yards away well worth a visit to Caz and Tom and family.

Room Tip: There are rooms on the ground which we use as I am not very mobile there are just three steps down.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BRENDASOUTHWARD
Malta
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I have to write this review to clear up some of the silly negative comments on here.

I have been staying at Esmeralda every year for 12 years in a row. The place is beautiful, and the beautifully kind family who run it I now consider my own!. The rooms are clean, modern, and with AC. (You pay a standard fee for the AC which is normal for smaller hotels in Greece). The food is excellent, home made, and they have some lovely Greek specials along with your usual snacks.. The burgers are amazing!!

The pool is crystal clear and clean, and I know they check water purity every night, and it is refreshed with fresh water every night, and the pool area and sunbeds cleaned every morning!

It is close to the airport so you get some jets coming over, which personally I enjoy, especially watching a plane come over in the sunset.. stunning!. Honestly it's really not that annoying.

The hotel is by the road so a little bit of traffic noise.. never bothered me.

To be honest, if you don't like a few planes now and then, go and pay 300 euros a night at the Hilton and stop complaining. What do you think this site is for? Check things out beforehand, and if it's not for you, look elsewhere before writing utter nonsense. I have seen a family who were very disrespectful and, quite rightly, they were kindly asked to calm down or they can leave and not pay for the previous night, and their money returned from the travel agent. (which personally I think is wrong), then they wrote a disgusting review here, some people hey?. The Greeks won't tolerate rudeness just like anyone else.

This hotel is a beautiful family run hotel, and excellent value for money and plenty of great reviews here. also, I personally know 3 family's who have been staying at Esmeralda year in year out for over 15 years. If you want a nice small intimate hotel to stay in in a pretty village just 15 mins bus ride from Rhodes town.. you wont find better than this. If you want screaming kids and all you can eat there are plenty of all-inclusive hotels, and if you want a butler and someone to stroke your ego.. there are plenty of 7* hotels that will happily accommodate you.

This place is beautiful, the family so lovely, and I have never ever had a bad experience.

My I end with, Dimitris, you will be truly missed by us all, we all love you, and thank you for being so kind to us all every single year.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank aaronbenjaminmalta
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My husband and I have just returned from Rhodes, and it was our first time on the island. We had an enjoyable time, although our main reason for coming was visiting relatives, so it wasn't a 'normal' holiday as such. The room we had was spacious, clean, modern and cool once we had the air conditioning switched on, (payment is extra, but necessary). Our bed-linen and towels were changed every 3 days, so no problems on that front. Unfortunately we did not use the restaurant at the hotel, so unable to comment. Yes the pool is at the front of the hotel, and next to the main road, but not a problem as such. The local beach is about 10-15 minutes walk, more if you have health issues, and is a bit rocky, but pleasant enough and there is a small cafe which serve great food, salads, drinks etc., food which is cooked at the time of ordering and well worth sampling. The bus service into Rhodes town is excellent, and is just 20 minutes away and a pleasant ride.
I think that the hotel caters more for couples or families with children over the age of 10 or so.
All in all, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth T
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at the emerald August last year.We found it a lovely place to stay. The family and staff were one of the friendliest Ive known. One of the reasons I love the Greek Islands, I had a birthday whilst there and i was one of the best birthdays, Infact away from home, the best. The only down point is the aeroplanes flying so low, but we wanted to be close to Rhodes Town, The Ideal bar close by was also great, and good value. We say pay it a visit , and decide for yourself. Elaine and Andy from Coventry.

Room Tip: Read the reviews, this helps you to avoid any pitfalls, then when you book ask for what you want and...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank elainestephenson
CHESTER UK
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I cant believe it when people write awful reviews of the Esmeralda Appts. My partner and I have been staying here twice a year since 2002. It is the only place for us. The food is excellant the owners cant do enough for you and we are treated like family. Cant wait for next year.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank BRENDASOUTHWARD
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kremasti
Panorama Hotel Apartments
Maritime Hotel Apartments
Garden Hotel
Garden Hotel
#1 of 1 in Pastida

Been to Esmeralda Hotel? Share your experiences!