“An excellent stay”

Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Benicasim
Galway
“An excellent stay”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel is very central, in the heart of the town, 10 minutes to the beach and 15 to the festival (FIB) campsite on foot.
The rooms are not spacious but are reasonable with ample bathroom space. The rooms are air conditioned and spotless also.
However the safety deposit box did not work in my room. Aside from that the price is very reasonable for what you get.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Lancashire
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I ended up here during this year’s Benicassim Festival, we had been on the VillaCamp campsite but we'd come straight from Ibiza and had some kind of food poisoning lurgy. After my friend discovered me asleep in a bush on the campsite (It was the coolest place i could find!) we knew we had to get a hotel, so my mum in England managed to book us in the last room here for 6 nights.
I'll try and review it unbiased and not in the amazing light i saw it in after the hell of spending a while being filthy, hot and sick in some fine shrubbery. Because believe me, it was like coming into the peak of luxury!
We got a smoking room, which was good, we are smokers. The room itself was a bit tiny, but itself and the bathroom were spotlessly clean. The air con worked well although it broke once, the receptionist came up and fixed it immediately. My only suggestion is that the guest should have the remote to control the temperature, you couldn’t turn it down any lower than it was set and really i'd have liked it a bit cooler.
Cannot fault this hotel at all, it's basic but perfectly good.
The staff were absolutely amazing! One night i'd been mugged, another night I’d had my purse with all my money stolen, leaving me quite literally with nothing and they were enormously sympathetic, one of the girls on reception even offered to give me and my friend 20 euro from her own money so we could get some food and water, obviously we didn't accept, but we found that kindness hugely touching! As all of our clothes were filthy (we were literally down to our last clean pair of knickers and Desperados t-shirts we'd blagged from one of the bars) we enquired about a local laundrette, instead they offered to clean our clothes for us in the staff washing machine and dry them, even though the hotel doesn't offer a laundry service and they only charged 10 euro, for 2 suitcases full of clothes.
They have shutters on the windows, which was great to keep out the sunlight enabling us to sleep all day during the festival. My only complaint it that some kind of accordion band used to play outside the hotel and wake us up, but they can’t help that.
Not far from the beach or supermarket and plenty of restaurants around, one just a few doors down from the hotel on the main street, Gambrinus was amazing. We ate there 4 nights out of the 6. Delicious excellently priced Tapas and great yet cheap white wine, you really couldn’t beat it, plus one of the waiters was enormously attractive. One night when all the cash machines had gone down in the town and we couldn’t get any cash out to go up to the festival we asked them to do cash back, they said they didn’t normally do it however they would make an exception. Gambrinus also own an Irish bar further up the main street called ‘Dougels’ or something like that, again which was excellent. They played indie music and the drinks were cheap.
Would defiantly check in here again if i can’t hack the campsite.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank VickyMARitson
Reviewed 31 October 2011

If your heading to Benicasm for the Music Festival this is the place to go. Air conditioned rooms, hot and cold water, clean towels and a courtesy disposable razor is what you need if your staying a few extra days after the festivities to wind town before heading home like me and my five mates did.
After the baking sun in the Spanish desert, dehydrated and hungover this is the perfect place to scrub up and get a proper sleep.
Rooms where clean, access to a fire escape for the smokers, safes in every room. Also the staff stay on reception 24 hours at peak times which is super handy for night owls.
The hotel is located just of the main road and half way between the main FIB area and Lydl (essential buying) the hotel is surround by places to eat and just across the road is the local fast food chain "Pinguins" if you want to grab a quick portable bite. Also the only night clubs in town are 2 mins away. Although Its a ten/fifthteen min walk to the beach, it's virtually a straight line all the way. No mazes and asking locals for directions.
Word to the wise, do not mess about, the townsfolk vanish during the main festival times but after that know that it's their town. Respect that. Try not to party to hard

• Stayed July 2011