“Great help, great friends”
Review of Inverbann B&B

Inverbann B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Larne
Inverbann B&B
Ranked #6 of 7 Larne B&B and Inns
Heidelberg, Germany
“Great help, great friends”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

In Belfast my car with a German number plate was damaged beyond repair. Joy and Jim picked me up and did everything to solve all the problems. I was glad to be back at my favourite B&B with its excellent breakfast in its relaxed atmosphere. It´s a must to come back to "Inverbann" and meet all the international guests at the breakfast table.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Kai_E69

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

When we arrived we felt as we come to friends. A very warm and friendly welcome from the owner of the house. We had a room with two double beds which was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was great and more then enough :-D ...
Really a good accomodation - and only 3 minutes from Larne Ferry Terminal (P & O Ferries).
Thank you - it was really a pleasant stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael M
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We were in the Quater-Final of the Irish Hockey Trophy on the 8th March. A team of 19 people were travelling from NUI, Galway. After a 6 our trip, we landed in Larne. The were between Derrin GuestHouse and Inverbann B&B. Alan, Joy and the girls were jusy so lovely to all of us. They treated us with the utmost respect and grace, a quality which is rear to see nowadays. They rooms are lovely, snug and homeily. It is never easy to be travelling the day before such a big match, but at Inverbann, it was just like being at home. We had an early breafast in the morning, and again, they has no problem with it. They even gave us some pancakes! After the match, Alan and his family came along to see our match.This was so nice of them. They brought along their dog which everyone just fell in love with. Thanks again for such a memorable trip!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Great Hosts, Great Food & Great Accomodation. - only all positive comments
from this jury.

Seasoned travellers having stayed in many B&Bs over the years we stayed 3 nights in Jan/Feb 2014 at Inverbann and we were unable to find anything negative at all about it.

Good sized twin bedroom spotless and with large comfortable beds, en suite facilities with all the usual expected flat screen TV, kettle tea & coffee making facilities.

Well done to the hosts Joy & Jim who couldn’t have done any more to make our stay any more enjoyable.

V & T - Midlands - UK

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tom O
Galveston Island, Texas
Reviewed 24 January 2014

My wife and I (retired folks) were returning from a couple week's road trip through Northern Ireland, Donegal and counties south. We're from Texas, and this was our first visit. Having had difficulty keeping "to the left" on our drive, and not quite sure where we would end up that evening, we were so pleased to stumble upon this B&B, and enjoy Jim and Joy's hospitality and fun conversation. Wonderful stay. Jim took me on a tour of Larne as well as to the local news stand to pick up a paper. We had pleasant visit as we shared our "retirement experiences" - it's all good. Room on the corner was comfortable, like being home. Everything was great, we will be back again. Joy is a superb chef, and Jim a top notch waiter and server of unusual breakfast delights (watch out for his egg specialty - which is one of his jokes). Yes, he jokes a lot and I recommend guests keep that in mind that if he says something that sounds a bit off - be sure to look back at him, you'll see him chuckling and smiling (telling you he's just kidding). On our travels we had several formal-type hosts, who provided great service and rooms. However, we most enjoyed our stays with less formal hosts, who let us know they enjoyed our being there, and meeting us, as much as we enjoyed being there. Although we did visit quite a few of this type of B&B Jim and Joy were at the top of our list, I hope this review is helpful, and help steer a few others to Jim and Joy's place, and enjoy their stay as much as we did.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank James F
Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 December 2013

On my first trip to Ireland I had come on the ferry from Troon and after a few beers here and there on my walk into town, found all the accommodation fully booked out.

Twas about 11.30pm when I stumbled on Inverbann and knocked on Jim and Joys door. Well! youd think I was a visiting VIP. Jim offered a room and to feed me which I politely declined but he still brought a banana and wished me a very good night! The breakfast was awesome and his wife Joy, a real Joy and what a great cheffess. Jim hooked me up with two scots girl guests Kathy and Lis who attended a wedding the day before and had been given a car for a roadtrip north. On our return he then guided us out to his friends country diner were we all had a great night.

I was also impressed with the low rates they charged for what I thought was a 5 star room. If you're going to Ireland do not miss this top stop..

John Perham
New Zealand

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I arrived in Larne on the evening ferry. The B&B was very easy to find and in a perfect location for me to head out on the A2 coastal road the next morning.

The owner was very helpful and attentive. I was traveling with my Bike which was safely locked in the garage for my nights stay.

Fine breakfast too and accommodating for an early start. If I was in the area again and in need of a room I would not hesitate to see if they had space.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Larne
Curran Court Hotel
Billy Andy's Bed & Breakfast
Cairnview Bed and Breakfast
Cairnview Bed and Breakfast
#4 of 6 in Ballygally

Been to Inverbann B&B? Share your experiences!