“Stylish stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Larne
Skipton, United Kingdom
“Stylish stay”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My partner and I stayed here a week ago, it was a business trip for him and I tagged along, so this was my first time here but my partners third.
First impressions when we arrived a very smart looking foyer and a warm welcome. We went straight to our room room which was immaculate, stylish and warm.
Once we had unpacked and relaxed for a while we decided to go for a pre dinner drink, which being in Ireland I presumed there would be a bar area, but it's a combined restaurant with a bar service. There were tables and sofas in the foyer but it being a very wintery February night and didn't seem the ideal place to sit with a Guinness so we opted to sit in the more relaxed side of the restaurant to have a couple of drinks before we decide to eat.
We eventually ordered our meal and my goodness all I can say is don't eat before you come here, the food is not only excellent but the portions are massive you certainly get value for money! I ordered surf and turf and it was really good! my partner had the gammon and it was as big as his plate plus all the veg and chips! it really was a good meal! we didn't have any room for dessert but saw some being served and they looked good. The service for drinks and food was excellent no pressure or fuss just was what required which I prefer.
The next morning. We went for breakfast and I opted for a 'small fry', it was very good, again more than I could eat, two eggs, two sausages, two large rashers of bacon and a fried tomato plus there was toast, cereal fruit and yoghurt so there is no need to go hungry!
This hotel is a great stay if you have just crossed over on the ferry as it's about three minutes away, we had a sea view, and ideal for exploring the Antrim coastline and other areas of Northern Ireland I would highly recommend it and will definitely be retuning!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank NBJewellery

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Myself and the husband took my parents there yesterday 21/1/14 for a surprise meal for their wedding anniversary. The staff were very friendly and attentive, the food was delicious and the portions were huge!! we all had starters, vegetable broth (the best I've tasted) melon & a prawn cocktail, me & the hubby had half roast chicken (delicious) mum had chicken maryland the small portion (still was a very big amount) and my dad had the gammon small portion (again was a very big size) in all definately good value for money & would eat there again...hopefully soon....for my birthday...hint hint!! lol

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank terri300
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

I visited for a Sunday dinner a few weeks ago, having the surf and turf. The steak was a bit overcooked (closer to medium than rare) and in my opinion under seasoned but for the money I thought it was acceptable. It is fairly plain food done well, and served high for a reasonable price, not bad at all.

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank liammcdowell
Larne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

This is the 3rd year we have been here on Christmas Day and it didnt disappoint. My family all had a gorgeous meal with excellent service. The food was served hot and everyone enjoyed their meals from starters to tea & coffee and mince pies. Highly recommend it.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Petrolheadchick
co antrim
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Unfortunately, another bad experience at the Curran court restaurant. Our family had previously dined here two months ago, ordering the roast beef, however when it came out "curled and rubbery" in texture. It took over ten minutes to attract a waitress attention, at this stage my wife had nearly finished so i just returned it.
This sunday visit was booked by another family member for a pre christmas lunch, A party of 14 arrived and ordered a selection of items from the menu, i opted for turkey and ham, the first of the year..
Regretably, the service has went downhill, from our last visit with waitresses pushing childrens arms out of the way to set down wrong orders, only to lift them again, little patience, no interest in listening, and all the hallmarks of a fast food takeaway background in serving.
The food itself was not above average, my cut of ham was very fatty throughout, i only wish now i could have photographed it to share. Portion size was large, however upon unrolling the turkey and ham found the majority of the size was a large stuffing ball. The overall offering was limited, with no sprouts, no chipolatas, etc on what should have been a traditional dish,
My daughter ordered the chicken maryland and she loved it, noting the batter was home made and very soft, but a few other members of the party were more disapointed with the mix of food and service, so the decision was taken not to rebook that venue for future family parties, which is sad in a way as the family has used the curran court for years.. but continued bad experience forces a change. This is not a review on the accommodation as we did not stay, indeed the if the corridor to the room is anything to go by, it seemed modern, clean and inviting.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank analace13
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The staff at the hotel are very friendly and so helpful never a problem when I came back in the early hours of the morming from work they always had a smile and a welcome despite the unsocial hour.
The restaurant has an amazing menu food is superb and extremely generous portions. Despite being a lone diner in a very busy festive resturant with lots of Christmas parties going on I was never rushed and made to feel just as valued as the large groups of diners spending way more money than me.
The rooms are very clean with everything you need there is a huge shower cubicle and great power shower. Towels are plentiful along with the toiletries.
I have just returned from my second stay there can honestly say can't wait to go back.
I have no hesitations in recommending this hotel at all.

• Stayed December 2013
York
Reviewed 12 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Nice hotel with a good restaurant and friendly staff. £55 is very reasonable price for this kind of place, it includes lovely breakfast. Rooms are big with new furniture, everything is clean. I would recommend to everybody who is going to visit Larne.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Larne
Ballygally Castle
#4 of 6 in Ballymena
Dobbins Inn Hotel
Dobbins Inn Hotel
#3 of 6 in Carrickfergus

Been to Curran Court Hotel? Share your experiences!