“Wasn't impressed !”
Review of Curran Court Hotel

Curran Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Larne
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Had a stay at this hotel as a friend recommend it to me, the food was so dear and it wasn't good quality I ordered the roast beef it was so so dry I actually put it in a napkin then binned it as I do not like to make a fuss, the hotel needs better management too many staff not enough service!! House keepers were lovely rooms abit shabby they need a good deeo clean, they need to reduce prices as it looks nice on the inside but terrible on the outside some floors at the door to welcome you would be nice, coming from a past as a hotel inspector I would suggest lowering your food prices the food was the same as bewyers fayre!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank papillon123456

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We loved our stay at this excellent hotel. our room was so spacious as was everywhere in the hotel. The first night was a bit warm inour room but the fantastic hotel staff sorted it out quickly & it was perfect after that.
Make sure you say hello to the wonderful ELIZABETH at breakfast, I'm sure there is not a better welcome & service anywhere in the UK. We ate in the restaurant & in the breakfast room. The quantities are enormous but not to the detriment of the quality !!!
5 stars all round for this great hotel

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor overlooking a main road & then the sea. I would think the other side...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank steveslats
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend while over competing in a 4wd race. The rooms are great, spacious, comfortable and clean. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The ulster fry certainly sets you up for the day. Hope to stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Graham M
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Rooms are good,showers even better. You'll never leave the restaurant hungry that's for sure! Potions are huge and food is good. I've been staying here on business regularly for the past 6 years and most of the staff have been there all that time. That's a good sign that they're happy and they do their very best to look after you. The one opportunity to improve would be to have a better area to sit with a drink rather than in the foyer. Otherwise you have to remain in the restaurant.
Overall though, hard to beat.

Room Tip: Quieter to front but nicer view to back which isn't really noisy either
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cas-Glasgow
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Ive been visiting the curran court since I was a young girl with my dad b4 the newer place and I now take my children .... this is the best outstanding service and food and family atmosphere as it gets . I myself am a restaurant manager and am particularly fussy so whem I fancy a treat I wudnt go anywhere else. Cant praise the place enough really. The staff are so welcoming and boys a dear you need a wee nap afterwards the foods so good you just keep eating untill you nearly need rolled out the door lol . Excellent portion sizes .

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Imacountrygal
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My partner and I stayed here a week ago, it was a business trip for him and I tagged along, so this was my first time here but my partners third.
First impressions when we arrived a very smart looking foyer and a warm welcome. We went straight to our room room which was immaculate, stylish and warm.
Once we had unpacked and relaxed for a while we decided to go for a pre dinner drink, which being in Ireland I presumed there would be a bar area, but it's a combined restaurant with a bar service. There were tables and sofas in the foyer but it being a very wintery February night and didn't seem the ideal place to sit with a Guinness so we opted to sit in the more relaxed side of the restaurant to have a couple of drinks before we decide to eat.
We eventually ordered our meal and my goodness all I can say is don't eat before you come here, the food is not only excellent but the portions are massive you certainly get value for money! I ordered surf and turf and it was really good! my partner had the gammon and it was as big as his plate plus all the veg and chips! it really was a good meal! we didn't have any room for dessert but saw some being served and they looked good. The service for drinks and food was excellent no pressure or fuss just was what required which I prefer.
The next morning. We went for breakfast and I opted for a 'small fry', it was very good, again more than I could eat, two eggs, two sausages, two large rashers of bacon and a fried tomato plus there was toast, cereal fruit and yoghurt so there is no need to go hungry!
This hotel is a great stay if you have just crossed over on the ferry as it's about three minutes away, we had a sea view, and ideal for exploring the Antrim coastline and other areas of Northern Ireland I would highly recommend it and will definitely be retuning!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank NBJewellery
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Myself and the husband took my parents there yesterday 21/1/14 for a surprise meal for their wedding anniversary. The staff were very friendly and attentive, the food was delicious and the portions were huge!! we all had starters, vegetable broth (the best I've tasted) melon & a prawn cocktail, me & the hubby had half roast chicken (delicious) mum had chicken maryland the small portion (still was a very big amount) and my dad had the gammon small portion (again was a very big size) in all definately good value for money & would eat there again...hopefully soon....for my birthday...hint hint!! lol

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank terri300
Also consider these accommodations in or near Larne
Ballygally Castle
9 mi away
Dobbins Inn Hotel
Dobbins Inn Hotel
#3 of 6 in Carrickfergus

Been to Curran Court Hotel? Share your experiences!