“Charming little restaurant”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
carrickfergus
“Charming little restaurant”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Billy Andy's pub and restaurant has a lovely country setting but limited spaces in the car park.My wife and I went there for our Sunday lunch,we arrived early which is just as well as the restaurant was fully booked.When we were shown to our table,I ordered two orange cordials and to my amazement was told that they were only served to children.I have been to a lot of establishments both North and South of the border,this is the only establishment I have found to have this policy.The menu had a wide and varied variety,my wife and I both started with the pate and chutney,I must say we both found it very tasty.For the main course I had the roast beef,unfortunately it was a bit tough but was edible my main complaint was that it was served on a wooden board which meant it got cold quite quickly,my wife had the fish and chips unfortunately there was a lot of batter on it and she had to leave some of it,the homemade chips however were lovely.I took a dessert which I must admit was very nice.On settling my bill I noticed I was overcharged with a extra dessert,I know this was a genuine mistake and was quickly rectified.Over all my wife and I thought the whole meal was above average and would certainly return.

• Visited July 2014
Billy A, General Manager at Billy Andy's, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review our restaurant. Without your feed back we wouid struggle to improve.You will be glad to hear we now provide cordials for our customers.In regard to the wooden boards, we continue to use them but please just inform our servers of your preference for porcelain.

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Great out of the way pub/restaurant”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Pub was packed when we arrived on a Friday night without a reservation. Our host said we would have to wait at least 1/2 hour before we could be served as it was busy. He sat us and we were prepared to wait as it was local to where we were staying and heard it was good. We were surprised to have a server at our table in seconds and we had drinks within a few minutes. Our orders were also taken quickly. So really didn't have to wait at all. We had great appys and all three of us had steak as it was a special steak night. Service was very good and the food excellent. After dinner we went to their pub in front where a 3 piece band was playing. Good atmosphere! A must when staying near Larne.

Visited July 2014
“Fantastic family Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Visited here a few Sundays ago. It was the first time I had been. We had pre booked for 5 adults and 3 children and everything was ready for us on our arrival. We all had 3courses, (£19.50 for adult, and only £5 for kids 3 course meal) and the only complaint any of us had was that the pork Bonbons were too salty for our tastes. Service was fantastic, very attentive and fast. Great with the children. Food was extremely tasty and the sides were generous. The desserts were yummy, particularly the brûlée. The price was very reasonable and we all were all satisfied with our main meals and desserts. Will not order the bonbons again when I go back, but I will def be back.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Yellow1984
Larne, United Kingdom
“Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

After reading reviews on here I was a bit unsure of what to expect. However, I had no need to worry the food and service were both excellent!! Very relaxed atmosphere in beautiful surroundings and great value as well. Will definitely return!!

Ballymena, United Kingdom
“Really good food!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Visited with my wife, son and daughter in law for the Friday night steak night. Package deal £21.50 for a starter and a steak. Great range of high quality steaks on offer and 3 of us decided steak was the only option. We chose starters and they were delicious pate, smoked salmon all consumed with gusto! Steaks were a little slow of arriving as the place was jam packed but the atmosphere was great and we meet some friends who had also decided to frequent the place. When the steaks arrived they were cooked to perfection. My wife had the Rare bred pork platter which she said was the best she had eaten in a long time. My only disappointment where the chunky chips which turned out to be coarse frozen chips . All in all a great night out and we will be back soon.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Bob E
Billy A, General Manager at Billy Andy's, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thanks Bob for review. However I do asure you we do not use frozen chips!