“Not great atall”

Add it.
The Kiln
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We used to go to the Kiln, my daughter remembered it and asked if we could go as we were looking for somewhere nice to eat in Larne. The place looked pretty run down and the nice fireside seating area I remembered seems to have vanished. There were several options for each course. My kids had tomato and pesto soup because all the other options were things they wouldnt eat. They both ate it and said it was ok. I had pate - very boring out of the packet stuff.
I had lamb with champ and gravy. A big portion but pretty tasteless. Daughter had cajun chicken which was a dried up (flat)piece of chicken with a strange dried coating of spices. My son foolishly ordered the veg and cheese pie - dried up and strange looking, he ate some of it but not too impressed. All came with loads of uninteresting mash and veg.
Desserts werent too bad. Everything just not really very good atall. The waiter kept asking if everything was okay, but really nothing was - the extra portion of chips was the nicest thing. There were hardly any other diners - one couple and two old ladies and what appeared to be the staff's family (who had the only nice (window) table. Also it was freezing cold. What more can I say - give up now.

2  Thank bestyearnow
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We were visiting Northern Ireland this past summer, staying with friends in Larne. We made a spontaneous visit to the Kiln for dinner one evening without reservations. While the restaurant was packed, they made room for us in the pub.

They had an amazing deal that evening - 2 steak dinners for 20 GBP. My husband & our friend opted for this, and said it was a great meal. I had chicken, which was absolutely terrific.

We'd definitely go back - service was great, as was the meal & the value.

1  Thank KellyBS123
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I've eaten in this local restaurant a number of times now & have never been disappointed. A wide variety to suit everyone's palette & one of the best children's menus I have ever encountered (not the usual sausage, nuggets etc). It's the only restaurant I've ever been in where I have a choice from a regular menu or a slimming world menu ... Fantastic idea for those of us who enjoy eating out but don't want to over indulge (too much). I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this establishment to anyone ... Even the prices are reasonable which considering the exceptionally high standard of the cuisine.