“20 years of art”

Tommy Workman Gallery
Ranked #12 of 35 things to do in Larne
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Tommy Workmans gallery has been going 20 years. He is also an artist himself, so be sure you ask him which of the pictures on the walls are his own ones. There are hundreds of landscapes and paintings of ships and farm scenes along with some others all around the walls. Well worth a visit just to see things, even if you're not an art buyer. Its right at the end of the street, and not open early in the week.

1  Thank Mavis B

Reviewed 13 December 2012

A great friendly place to get your paintings or photographs framed to a high quality at a good price. I love to look at the brilliant art work each time I visit. Tommy always frames my work quickly and rings to let me know when it is ready. Worth checking out!

1  Thank J_C_053
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Talking to a friend this week I agreed that the highlight of any visit to Larne is seeing Tommy Workman. He runs an art gallery and framing shop. Inside you’ll find a treasure-house of art, and much more.
The pictures on sale are mostly by locally renowned artists, people like Paul Holmes and Sam McLarnon. The majority are handsome landscapes, seascapes and countryside scenes. You’ll also find a few portraits and some more impressionistic works.
Then the real fun begins. The shop is also a treasure-trove of odds and ends from all over the world. Check out the $100,000,000,000 note from Zimbabwe; it’s real! I asked about two boat oars, wondering if a customer wanted Tommy to varnish them. “No, they’re mine,” he replied, “I might need them if global warming makes the sea level rise up to here.”
Every time I’m there he makes me laugh out loud, literally. So, call in and look at the pictures, but then take time to see the rest of what’s there. He’s got a didgeridoo, musical gourds, and an assembly of oddities that’s second to none. All this, plus a proprietor who always cracks me up. Great stuff.

Opening hours: 9am to 5pm Weds, Thurs, Fri, Sat.

1  Thank Steveodo