“One of the nicest B&Bs yet”

Derrin Guest House B&B
Ranked #1 of 7 Larne B&B and Inns
limerick
“One of the nicest B&Bs yet”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I had a long trip and i was to arrive late. I got in around ten and the owner welcomed me and my family. Very helpful, full of advice and guidance. We were to have an early rise before breakfast so he showed me where continental breakfast was going to be laid out. The sitting room has a mini fridge that has cans in it. All you leave is the cost. My girls loved this
The bed room was beautiful and i have to say my girls were in love with it. I slept like a baby in fact we all did and hated getting up. we went down stairs and found all we could need to have a simple breakfast, cereal, toast, fruit, juice. I Highly recommend this accommodation and it is only a short distance to the ferry

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Epping, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Probably the best guest house I have ever stayed in. Beautiful room, home from home but better because every need is catered for. Lovely finishing touches which we really appreciated. The owners were incredibly helpful and were happy to spend time chatting, nothing seemed too much trouble. Breakfast was excellent with a varied choice. The house is beautifully renovated and the décor is lovely. Just wish we had known how good it was because would definitely stayed longer. Larne is a lovely place to explore. We would highly recommend Derrin Guest House.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed in this lovely B&B while travelling around Ireland. This was our base and from there we travelled by train into Belfast. We also one day travelled to the many quaint towns around Larne. We had dinners at the Spice Café and The Wine Bar. These were recommended by the owner. We were given lots of ideas of things to see that you normally wouldn't find in a tour book of Ireland.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank HeatherG1949
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Booked this guest house over 2 months prior to trip. Explained in the booking that we were bringing 87 and 89 year old parents with us on a reminiscing break. Arrived at 12.15 off ferry and phoned landlady to advise her we were here but we were going to have a drive around Larne before checking in. She said she only had 1 room booked for us even though our confirmation showed 2 rooms. She said she would see what she could do for us by the time we checked in. When we arrived back at 17.30 she told us she had managed to get another room down at a B&B at the harbour and that our parents could go there. We again explained that due to their age they would not be able to be separated from us as they are both unsteady on their feet. Her reply was "well you didn't say that when I explained I only had 1 room" . I told her she hadn't made it clear that by sorting the problem she was going to look for alternative accommodation for our parents. Anyway she directed us to an alternative B&B and told us that she could accommodate all of us the following evening if we wanted to return but that if we decided to stay at the other place to let her know as she likes to have all her rooms booked and she will open them up for booking. She said she was sorry but that she was. Personally I think it is very poor management that a landlady does not check in advance what bookings she has for the forthcoming week and then realises she has a double booking prior to our arrival. To only realise this after we have arrived in larne is poor. Had we known in advance we could have searched for alternative accommodation instead of having 2 elderly relatives, tired after 6.30am start for the ferry arriving to find out she had double booked.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Footiewidow
OptimisticLarne, Owner at Derrin Guest House B&B, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hi. You have written a review although you didn’t actually stay with us. Unfortunately, when entering your online booking in my diary I inserted one room instead of two which I apologised for when you rang me. I arranged alternative accommodation for you a couple of minutes drive away and I understand that you all had an enjoyable stay there. I have since implemented an on line channel manager to synchronise bookings which should prevent this situation recurring. I am sorry that I made an error on such a special trip which involved such elderly people. Best wishes. Ivy.
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Wonderful warm welcome at this excellent B&B in the heart of Larne with hosts attending to your every need. Top class accommodation and excellent breakfast I was there as a business traveller and will definitely make it a regular stop. I would highly recommend Derrin Guest house whether on business or holiday.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Travelled from Glasgow to Larne by ferry and easily found this delightful B&B. Stayed only one night as we were on a road trip around the Emerald Isle. The owners were very attentive, recommended a good restaurant for dinner, had a lovely sitting room available for guests and cooked a delicious breakfast. When my husband had to go into Belfast early the next morning to pick up a car, Siebe, the owner, prepared him a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich. Ivy, the landlady detailed on a map places of interest for us and gave helpful hints regarding the Giants Causeway. All in all a great but brief stay at Derrin Guest House in Larne.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I booked the Derrin Guest House over the booking.com website and thought that it looked quite lovely. When my husband and I arrived at the property, we were overwhelmed. This place has been lovingly restored and the decor was exquisite, while still keeping a personal, homely feel to the place. The owner showed us around the property, showed us where the guest lounge and other facilities were and also recommended some local restaurants for dinner. He also told us what time breakfast was, what we would like and if we needed an early wake up call for the ferry. Breakfast the following morning was a cooked breakfast, with any choice of fruit we could've wished for, toast and condiments, juice, tea, coffee and cereal. We thoroughly enjoyed the night spent at the Derrin Guest House and would recommend the property to any traveler, be it business or leisure.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Larne
Curran Court Hotel
Billy Andy's Bed & Breakfast
Cairnview Bed and Breakfast
Cairnview Bed and Breakfast
#4 of 6 in Ballygally

Been to Derrin Guest House B&B? Share your experiences!