“EXCELLANT FOOD”

Ranked #9 of 52 Restaurants in Larne
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This Location needs a facelift from the entrance as you certainly could be put off as you approach it but once inside the staff are excellent the food well priced and a delight to get fresh vegetables with the good food and presentation.

2  Thank Jennifer S

Reviewed 7 August 2014

One of the worst restaurant experiences I've had for a long time. I had to order my meal 3 times before it finally arrived. I ordered a sirloin steak medium. Having waited an age for it to come it was served raw. Cold in the middle and barely seared on the outside. My sides had been served about 10 minutes before the steak so were cold when it turned up. When I complained about the steak the waitress simply took it back without apology bringing it back a short while later almost cooked how I wanted. The steak itself was tough as boot leather and rather flavourless. A little seasoning wouldn't have gone amiss. All in all a terrible experience and one I won't want to do again in the near future!

2  Thank Dave N
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Larne is not a very inviting place at night (and no better during the day) but we were staying the night ready to catch the ferry the next morning. Derrin Guest House recommended Chekkers.

We were advised to go upstairs. Chekkers is not much to look at from either the outside or the inside but the food was lovely and the service made the difference.

We arrived at around 7:30 on a Friday night and there was one family eating. They soon finished their meal leaving us as the only guests! It was very very warm and sunny and talking to the waitor an empty restaurant was not unexpected.

The music being played was a little modern for us and without being asked the waiter put on some 60s/70s tracks - much more to our taste.

Overall a lovely meal and great service although an empty restaurant does take the edge off the atmosphere. However we enjoyed dinner.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

It was a work celebration lunch today for one of the belladonna's from the BFM work.We all went to the Chekkers Winebar for some good old Larne chow!

31-33 Lower Cross Street
Larne
BT40 1JW
United Kingdom
028 2827 5305

There was the birthday girl,three other ladies and the BFM.We were warmly met and shown to our reserved table. The place was clean and friendly with a good mix of young and old all having a drink in the bar area or tucking into some hearty food in the restaurant section.

After ordering drinks and our food we sat back and just enjoyed some good craic away from the "office". Must say its nice to get out and about with work mates and have a laugh!

We waited about 20 minutes and watched as the place filled up.We were in for a treat I had Thai Prawn Curry with chips and rice. There was chicken curry,beef stir fry noodles,chicken goujons and chips and sausages and mash for four hungry lasses.

The food was great,portion sizes well fit for kings and queens. I was the only one to clean my plate!!! All very keenly priced (mine was £7.50- a bargain).

If you are ever in Larne do pay Chekkers a visit and perhaps have a pint or two with your food.

1  Thank BelfastFoodTravelMan
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Great food, fantastic value, don't be put off by the décor the food is excellent and got 20% off because it was Monday!!