“Nice Place to Stay in Aizawl”
Review of Hotel Regency

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Aizawl
Hotel Regency
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Aizawl
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My first time stay at Hotel Regency. I liked the hotel much. Staff is well trained, cordial and very polite. The best thing about this hotel is the fact that they cater to various budget range and hence attracts a wide spectrum of visitors. They have excellent travel desk services. It is centrally located and in the main city area. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Travelled to Aizawl on work. The only hotel that came recommended was The Regency. This hotel is situated very close to Bara Bazaar, the shopping area. The rooms are quite nice and spacious. The view from the top floors are majestic.
The staff is quite friendly and helpful. the items on the breakfast menu were quite less, but pretty much everything was available on order.
Will stay here next time.

Room Tip: CHoos a room on the top floor facing the road for the best view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed at the Regency Hotel Aizawl, for 1 night on 28.02.2014. I was on an Official trip and I was the guest speaker at a CME held at the banquet hall of the hotel on 28th evening itself. Check in was fast enough and the room was adequate. I ordered a soup from room service and it quite nice. The arrangements at the banquet hall were adequate. However, the food at the banquet was a total disappointment.. Very rich and spicy north Indian food which I really did not expect at Aizawl!! Complimentary breakfast the next day was decent enough and check out was also quick. This was my first trip to Aizawl and I was told that this was the best option available. Pros were that the hotel offers clean, decent accomodation with no frills. The staff were not too friendly, but that could be due to a language issue also. all in all an overall OK experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Neelakshi11
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed at the Regency for 4 nights,it is perhaps the best hotel in Aizawl in terms of quality,service,food, cleanliness etc.

The rooms and bathrooms are clean although we had a bit of trouble in our room on the 4th floor. The entire room had a very strong odd smell and especially our room which was the last room on the floor.The manager explained that perhaps it was cooking gas or from the kitchen exhaust,still not sure what it was.Anyway, we changed our room had no problems after that.
Another thing, the staff with the spare keys would just enter our room after knocking but not wait for us to open the room for them. This happened about 3 times with us till we started putting the chain on our door. Perhaps a little training is required on knocking etiquette. You wait for the other person to answer the door!

The restaurant Magnolia is an added attraction to the hotel. The food is terrific and the staff is friendly, cheerful.
The best part of the hotel was the staff, they are friendly,polite and very helpful.
Overall it was a good experience with minor glitches here and there which is expected of a new hotel.
We will definitely be back! :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MsBubblemaker
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

I had been to aizawl before and to get a good hotel was nothing I expected. I mostly stayed in cheap b and b.
The last time I went aizawl hitel regency was there right on the middle of the main market. The staff they all speak in english and are well mannered. The round the clock service is a big plus. Parking isn't a problem and if you have come to aizawl with your vehicle..let me tell you aizawl is a congested place.
All in all a good hotel. I just missed the morning warm water...or maybe it was not there.
And ask for a room with view or at least enough ventilation.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Probably the best option in Mizoram. Also It has rooms rooms to fit all budgets. The food is great and round-the-clock room service is a big deal in a remote town. The breakfast spread could have been better, though!

David's Kitchen down the road has great meals as well

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Driftwoood
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I was put up in this hotel during my recent trip to Mizoram. The hotel is located in a central location .it is neat and clean. the rooms are good and the room service is too prompt. The breakfast is complimentary although the buffet platter is limited but it churns out good food. during my stay last month I was in deluxe room but the bathroom there was a bit small. today itself I am in the same category room but the bathroom is large. the staff is well behaved.

Room Tip: I have tried deluxe only
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Been to Hotel Regency? Share your experiences!