“Great Holiday”
Review of Odessa Beach Hotel

Odessa Beach Hotel
Ranked #40 of 65 Hotels in Protaras
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We have just returned, had a great week, the hotel staff were all fantastic. The room was always very clean thanks to the cleaning ladies who were all very cheerful and helpful, the food was all very nice the Head Waiters could be a bit more relaxed and more helpful. Only had a small problem we had was the hotel being built that spoilt the view, but in another month it should be all finished and open for business. All in all we would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Judi B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,317)

Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here all inclusive we had 2 rooms all inclusive booked with travel republic. We were into our 8th day out of a 2 week stay when disaster struck. A lady manager took our all inclusive rist bands of my parents room were 2 of my other children were staying also 4 people in total. She stated they were not booked for all inclusive, even thoe we had our printed double copy of our bookings from travel republic. We got intouch with travel republic and they got intouch with her regarding the mix up. Even thoe details where sent threw to her it took her 4 days to reginstate our all inclusive to we're it belonged. So 1 room lost out in 4 days of food and drink. And she is a nasty peice of work not even a SORRY came from here. Odessa take note and fire her. We were having a good holiday until she cocked up.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Theauldsampler
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Just so that you all know, this is a fab hotel, went last year and loved it. But be aware when you see the picture of the pool and the grassy sun bed area, all s not what it was advertised as. Last year there was a dear bit of ground flattening going on between the grass area and the beach.
A week before your stay you will get a letter from Thomas Cook saying there is building work going on! That's because that lovely see view is now a new hotel that they are building ! Thomas Cook knew this last year as work started in September. The work was supposed to be finished in May, but has over run by a month. However they still saw it fitting to publish old pictures which is misleading to say the least! The words mis sold and compensation spring to mind ! Outside of this a great hotel !

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracey T
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I arrived at this hotel on Sunday the 19th of May in a group of 32 for a book friends wedding, the group consisted of half young/single half mature/married.
We was immediately presented with a trap of drinks while our rooms were sorted.
The rooms: first impression was excellent, clean and dust free with an easy to operate sliding balcony door. The bathroom was also clean if a little dated and the beds were extremely comfortable, so much so I shrugged to get up for breakfast at times!
The food: This would be my only complaint (if you can call it that), the food wasn't the same standard as the rest of the hotel. It wasn't particularly bad but it didn't really fill you with enthusiasm at meal times. By far the best meal of the day was the post dinner 'snack bar' which had the best chicken nuggets I've tasted to date!
The service: I hope these guys and gals are on a fantastic wage because they sure do deserve it. the cleaning ladies were all very pleasant and helpful, providing extra towels if needed. The receptionists all had a perma-smile (fake or not) and the night time receptionist deserves a medal... The amount of times I had him opening the bar at 6am to get me a glass of water after a heavy session was ridiculous! Now on to the Bar Staff. I don't have a bad word to say about them! There was two in particular which deserve extra credit (and maybe a managers wage), the legends that are Dmetry and Michael. These two boys made made my holiday, they were a laugh a minute and proper integrated in to our group, so much so that they met us after work on a few separate occasions and showed us the delights of Protaras/Napa. They always had a good story to tell and knew just how to make the perfect drinks (ask Michael for HIS White Russian, nicest cocktail I've ever drank). We all clubbed in our spare euros at the end and presented these two with them.
The Reps: My holiday wouldn't have been the same without these guys, down at the beach bar at 10:30 on the dot getting people involved with games! Running quizzes, pool bingo, pool Olympics, not to mention the fantastic games of water polo we had on a daily event! The four of them, Elise, Lauren, Laura and Dan also took us out round Napa and made sure we had a great time. We met them most night down in bell bar for a drink and feel I got to know them all really well, Laura more than the rest!
I think I've covered all bases here, if you're a stuck up toff you may not enjoy this hotel because it can get quite loud and raucous but everyone else should have a fantastic enjoyable time.
One of the Chorley Lads.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool facing balcony, I had a great game of balcony bingo with all the lads on one day! Hig...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Daniel T
Reviewed 20 May 2013

stayed at this hotel on a half board basis for two weeks with my husband and 10 month old baby in may. after reading the reviews i convinced myself it couldnt be as bad as people said but i was wrong it was worse ! High chairs had no straps on much to my babys delight as he kept trying to climb out. we asked for a quiet room which we got. however we were unable to use the balcony as it faced onto a building site and was constantly dusty meaning we were unable to use it to dry clothes. staff in the restaurant were slow at fetching drinks and had to be constantly reminded. cats were roaming all over outside areas of the hotel and although a clear sign asked not to feed them there were always people who did.on a positive note the cleaning staff were excellent and very accomodating to our needs.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 584abc123584
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Just a quick review stayed her last summer rooms clean and feel very fresh. Not a far walk from the beach. The cleaning staff were very friendly helping me with my sunburn getting me fresh aloe Vera for me from there own gardens.
I stayed on a half board basis and the breakfast was average evening meal would be really nice on most nights but did have the odd night which I wasn't fussed but that could just be me being picky. But overall good location clean hotel with friendly staff and was really hot weather. I would go back again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Benjy279
Reviewed 10 May 2013

After reading previous reviews I wondered if I was at the same hotel as I found all the staff friendly and helpful but then again I am always polite and friendly to them whereas I witnessed some really rude behaviour from guests and unfortunately some were Brits . Anyway I travelled with my son,daughter in law and 9 month old grandson and we all loved it . Firstly the constant complaint about the building work . Yes they are building a new hotel and a road down to it but to be honest it became second nature after a day,and it was not as noisy as some people were going on about then again some people just like to complain. The main season starts on 1st may and if you go prior to that it is out of season so facilities will be less than in season . Your travel agent should know this. The Thomas cook entertainment staff also start then . Again I knew all this before I went .about the hotel / the rooms were spotless, the air conditioning great and there are fridge and a safe if you want to use it. As we had the baby we asked to get the room cooler which was done , cot in both rooms again done . All by courteous staff who are local Cypriots . The food was really good . Of course you will get similar stuff most days/ salads, soup,etc / that's because that's what guests like ! . Also there was plenty of variety. We were all inclusive but did intend to eat out but as the food was so good we didn't bother . The entertainment is provided by the Thomas cook staff so it is not the x factor but they defo got the comedy factor as they tried so hard . Unfortunately one of them is tone deaf . Once you listen you will know what I mean . They also have bingo,quizzes and the usual daytime games by the pool. They are absolutely brilliant with kids which is good as there is no kids club . There is a limite choice of drinks in the all inclusive although as we had the baby we only had a few drinks . My son likes a cider but they had none but the staff were happy to let him bring it in . again not a problem . Ask instead of moaning/ it usually works! . One genuine complaint I did agree with was the noise from the nightclub located within the hotel. It is really loud and vibrating and opens until 5 am! . It was only open one night when we were there but is open more in high season . I have been to protaras 3 times and love the place. Would return to the Odessa .would prob go half board though but that was because all inclusive is not great value for money compared to half board .And finally a wee note about our Russian friends who we got on so well with that we have been invited to Moscow ( there not all bad),such things as waiting in a queue and opening doors for people are not taught in Russia. Only Russians that have travelled are aware of these sort of things so the next time they go to the top of the queue they are not being rude it is just normal for them, so bear this in mind

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family