Odessa Beach Hotel
Alva Hotel Apartments(Protaras)(Great Value!)
US$117
St. Elias Resort(Protaras)
US$151
Mandalena ApartHotel(Protaras)(Great Value!)
US$43
Livas Hotel Apartments(Protaras)(Great Value!)
US$111
  • Pool
Golden Coast Beach Hotel(Protaras)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$141
  • Pool
Amore Hotel Apartments(Protaras)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$156
US$147
HotelQuickly
  • Breakfast included
1,319 results
All reviewssofa sofabuilding workentertainment teamhalf boardpool areabar staffgreat holidaynext yearevening mealsea viewplenty of choicewater polokiller poolclean towelsthe thomas cook repminute walk to the beachplenty of sunbeds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Ages 67 & 63 ; HB 2 weeks enf of May.
Lovely room (although overlooking building work) with superb view of sea. Buildng work caused us no problem at all - a little noise but nothing to worry about.
Food was good with reasonable choice, only gripe was breakfast food could have been a little hotter but on the whole enjoyed the food.
Safe 22 euro for 2 weeks - well woth it. Fridge 2 euros per day we though exessive so didn't use it. Coffee and tea provided in room which was nice. Small bottle of water at dinner cost 1.50 euros ( 2.00 for a large bottle) which I thought was pricey, though all the hotels are into this scam. A large water at Lidl cost 40 cents.
Would certainly revisit the Oddessa.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the sea only (not pool) get limited noise from building work but have superb view. Rooms with sea and pool view could get noise from entertainment and disco (on a Saturday).
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2013

this was an adult family holiday and was staying in silver sands at first but got moved to the odessa due to overbooking was made up because i stay here every august with my friend, the bar staff especially demitri and his friends making you laugh, also the restaurant staff our favourite being abrahim, and reception staff koulla always has a lovely welcome for you and will try to do anything for you , also yana with the big smile on her face always, the rooms cleaned every day and clean towels.we were also upgraded to all inclusive which wasn't very good for me having put a stone on in weight when i got home. the building work isn't the hotels problem it's the tour operators who at the end of the day should have told their clients about i'll be back with my friend in august and hopefully my family for a special birthday next june

Room Tip: if you don't like noise ask for a seaside view but on the side to the hotel next door because from june the club next door is open till late fri and sat you can ask for ear plugs or do like i do and drink a few extra vodkas on those nights
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with CoopTravel
1  Thank nibbler53
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Just returned back home after a lovely week well spent in Cyprus. We stayed at the Odessa were we found exactly what we were looking for. My hubby and I stayed on a half board basis but upgraded once we saw their offers. Lounging around the pool bar is in our nature so All Inclusive is the way for us.
Once we arrived we had some minor issues with our room but there is nothing that the girls at the reception can’t handle.
( Thank you Kulla for arranging everything).
Food was very nice that it even pleased my fussy hubby… There was a wide selection of food and even live cooking for breakfast and dinner.
Our room was cleaned on a daily basis and fresh towels were placed in our bathroom everyday day by the maids who are always cheerful.
Entertainment was quite good around the pool but I had more fun talking to the bar staff… Big thank you to Michael and Zdenta for keeping the drinks coming :)
I will return next year for sure… If not sooner.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marian S
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I have recently just come back from staying at the odessa and miss it already.
What can i say, after reading reviews on here prior to going i was slighty apprehensive on what to expect but i couldnt have asked for anything better.
The rooms were nice and clean and our maid was lovely and cheerful.
The food was nice enough and was always something on the menu for everyone,although i know what people mean now with it being rather repetitive.
The staff at the hotel where also brilliant, especially demetris, michael and ronnie the bar staff amongst others.
There was building work goin on around the hotel but to be honest i never really noticed it and the work on the new hotel was nearly complete when we were ready for coming home.
The location was spot on, only afew minutes away from the main strip where there is various bars and restaurants and not one person bothered you about going into there venues. Also the beach was only a stones throw away from the hotel.
Finally the thomas cook entertainment staff did and do, do a fantastic job. Night shows where very entertaining and it made us laugh ( you will know what we mean when you hear them sing) but hats off to them.
Gutted i am now at home but would defo be booking to go back here again in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank stefwilki
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Myself and 10 other guests stayed at the Odessa from the 15th May - 29th to attend my wedding with another 15 of the wedding party spotted around Protaras.

The Odessa its self was in a perfect location for our party, right next to the beach and the main one way strip close to maccy D's - Always a bonus for a late night snack after rolling out of Bells bar at 2am! The rooms were kept as clean as possible and the restaurant staff kept on top of all cups, plates etc keeping the place tidy. As the 2nd week became a little busier a number of the pool staff (John) came around to the loungers and removed all your used drinks and would ask if you would like these replacing, we all thought this was a lovely service and saved our lazy bums going to the pool bar.
All drinks in the Odessa were nice and they had a large selection, the only thing letting the bar down was the FLAT LARGER!! after a day or so drinking this a number of us could not put our lips to another glass so found ourselves going out of the hotel for a proper pint with a bit of life to it :)

The entertainment staff in the hotel were all brill and super chatty :) getting a number of our party to join in the shows and games from time to time - Well done guys!! It was so sweet watching all the kids dance on the stage on the evening.

All our party was more then happy with the food! a large selection of salad and meats with veg and rice on a evening and a roast joint. Dinner very much the same but could find a few items cols from time to time. Brekie was ok.... and I only say ok due to me having to complain about the sausages that were not cooked and were still pink and mush in the middle. I informed the Thomas cook rep who was also dinning at the same time who she acted upon this with seconds and got them removed from the buffet.

The rooms were spacace and were modern with a small balcony, bath, shower, TV and a small table and chairs. These were kept clean on a daily basis with fresh towels.

Now the building work..... The main building work down towards the beach does not effect anything major apart from a few small issues. We found on a number of occasions that as the lorries and vans were travelling up and down the access road very close to our hotel where we had to sun breathe that a cloud of dust from the dry mud, gravel track would come over in to the hotel over the sun bathers and pool. My friends room was over looked the access roads and cranes and I will tell you now no matter what anyone says this is not a pretty site!!! Myself and now husband were suppose to be getting married in this hotel over looking this mess... but my amazing wedding co Ang Bence arranged for us to be married next door at the 5* hotel CTG with or reception at the Vissarana next door to that :) AMAZING!!
The access road leading to the beach was also a big challenge for the family in our party with a child's buggy! The child had to be carried and the buggy struggled getting down the track and was too un safe for her to walk with the ground so bad and large mounds of gravel and stones placed about. Also the hotel play music from 10am until about 5ish to hopefully dry and drowned out the noise of the builders and vehicles travelling up and down the road. Call me boring at 27 but from time to time I found myself saying that I wished they would just turn the music down a touch so I could read my book.

Overall we had an amazing time and a wonderful wedding at this resort but after viewing our parties other hotels (silver sands 3* & Vissarana 4*) we would not return to this hotel in a rush. In our eyes the Odessa really needs to step things up as a 4* compared to some of its sister hotels as the standards are far from the same.

Would a truly return to this hotel - Yes if the price was right, but not before checking out other places and prices due to standards.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple