“ok”
Review of Odessa Beach Hotel

Odessa Beach Hotel
Ranked #39 of 65 Hotels in Protaras
Reviewed 4 November 2013

hotel room was very clean, staff very friendly, hallways carpets need a good hoover and clean, lights on hallways very dim, food always Luke warm, for a 4Star hotel food not very good, on arrival greeted with orange juice just what you need at 4 in the morrring afiter a 6 hour delay, we were toald because we missed dinner , we could have lunch next day, but we were never going to make dinner even if we werent delayed, and no dinner on the last night of our stay which is a bit of a con,

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Angela N

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Not sure where TrudyH396 is coming from, the food was ok and could have been a little warmer. The Thomas Cook Rep was there every day, as she said at the introduction talk, she will always be in the reception am, we spoke to her many times. We alkso saw Trudy and as said by greenwoodscrewe she and hubby always looked like enjoying the holiday, in fact her son helped the entertainers ! They were fabulous ! When he hurt his foot we were right there next to him, Trudy said she was happy for her son to put his foot in the pool to stop the bleeding, umm that dont work ! she was far from bothered. All in all goood value for money and would return but probable drop down to B & B basis.

2  Thank Wheels1239
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We loved this Hotel it was great. Do not listen to TrudyH396. We were there the same fortnight and we remember this couple they looked like they were having a great time. We were there as a family for my mum and dads anniversary. The staff were very friendly and great customer service. The Rep Demi and Entertainers Laura, Nicola and Aleishe were there EVERY day apart from their day off and were brilliant. The staff were brilliant we even saw some people in tears saying bye to them. My 6 year old nephew was in and out of the pool every day and didnt get hurt once. The rooms were excellent cleaned every day and clean towels, the beds were comfortable. The food was brilliant, something different everyday. I dont understand how people can complain about this hotel it was brilliant. Would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank greenwoodscrewe
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I went for my 15th wedding anniversary and 40th birthday so two special occasions and wish I had stayed at home. Not sure where to start as there is so much to say but here goes. Food. We went for half board which is gorgeous if you like cold beans and stale bread for breakfast. Watered down juice and mouldy fruit! Staff very unfriendly and rude.evening meal was great if you like the smell of meat that doesn't smell of meat if you get my drift! Never tried mashed potato made with garlic before! Disgusting. The puddings if you could call them puddings wasn't worth eating! Staff in evenings were rude and unsociable. Had evening meal once only as would rather eat out. Rooms. It says they have updated and cleaned up rooms. We'll they wasn't too bad decor wise but finding lots of black hair on my 14 year old sons prison bed( who we paid for as an adult) and someone's dirty hair bobbles under my bed wasn't my idea of cleanliness. A day before we were going home we played water bingo with the reps and to cut a long story short my sons foot fell through the broken white grates around the pool. He could of broke his ankle. Luckily he didn't but he did end up with 4 cuts broken skin on both sides of his foot and a deep laceration on his ankle bone. All the people round the pool and the reps were amazing. The staff rushed to get the grate replaced not bothering about my sons bleeding ankle. I approached the man at the bar and he said would I like a doctor? But quickly followed with you must use your holiday insurance! I asked him for his first aid kit and looked after my son myself after the man wiping over the cuts seemed not at all bothered. I taken my son to our room and minutes later our room phone rang and a lady said hello your son has accident two days ago can u explain ? I was disgusted and told her my son had only just has the accident not two days ago. Nothing was said after that. Seen no rep at the resort! Had to pay for a safe! Had to pay for a fridge! And so on and so on. Not sure what other peoples standards are but I work hard to have a bit of relaxation once a year and like to be looked after with good customer service. Would never recommend this hotel and neither of the others that this company run! To be honest I only put one star as I had no choice or there would be none!

Room Tip: A room that has been cleaned after the last visitors would be a good idea.
Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank TrudyH396
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was my first time abroad and in Protaras at the Odessa Hotel but my Husband Ians 3rd time,having been twice 10yrs ago.From the moment we arrived at the Hotel after we landed to the moment we left the following Sunday we were treated so well the staff could not do enough for us and nothing was too much trouble ,they were all very friendly and helpful including the housestaff ,our room was a seaview room and was absolutely beautiful with the most amazing view.It was cleaned every day and we were giving fresh towels daily .The food was delicious and we had plenty choice ,I was actually put off staying here after we had booked it after reading the reviews, though there were many very good ones there were quite a few not so good ones but as Ian said some people just go on holiday to complain and are never happy but we can honestly say we have no complaints about anything, we had a wonderful time especially myself as this was my first experience abroad I could not have asked for a better place to have stayed at and I could not fault a thing and would definitely recommend this Hotel and Protaras and will be returning to it again hopefully next year. Lorna & Ian

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea/pool view get sun most of the day ,sea view only are quieter.
2  Thank Ian S
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I would just like to say a big thank you for making this a great holiday, and what more can I say about the 3 girls Laura,Nicola & Aleise, you worked so hard, and were great, also the Pool Bar staff, the staff on reception when my wife had an accident, the Doctor was there in minutes and everyone was so helpful, I cant say a lot more except great

1  Thank Michael D
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed in the odessa all inlcusive for 12 nights in august with our 3 year old son. The staff were fantastic, especially with our little boy. The entertainment team were great. The only thing thing was that the rooms were slightly dated but they accomodated our needs. I was really nervous after reading the reviews about the food but it was excellent and i am a very fussy eater- the only thing was that lunch was a bit hit and miss but i think this is because they serve some hot food which is odd to eat in the middle of the day when its 30 degrees. Overall i would recommend.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family