“Loved it!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 66 Hotels in Protaras
Gravesend, United Kingdom
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Now I think this hotel should be more of a 3* to be honest however this is still a nice hotel in a fabulous location, it just needs a bit of an update. The staff were all extremely friendly and we had glorious weather which I think always helps :)

The food was as expected, we were HB. I was ok but my partner struggled and ate nuggs n chips from the kids table - that's all they had all week so you might struggle with variation if you have fussy eaters.

Entertainment team were great, interacted with all the guests around the pool during the day but took no for an answer if you just wanted to chill out. We always managed to get a sunbed, however think you might struggle in peak season.

Overall a good hotel, I would stay here again :)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lozzietattoo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights, food was buffet style and although would say didn't necessary look tasty, it actually was. All the meat was lean, soups tasty.

The hotel was going to close for the season, however, service was still good. I believe the reception, lifts, carpets in corridors could do with refurbishment. The bedroom itself was bright, modern and comfortable bed.

A lot people commented on thomascook entertainment, although not my cup of tea, was very impressed that although they were down to one child that evening, the show went on and the child was beaming from being made a focus of.

The hotel is situated right on the strip with plenty of bars to choose from. For a great sandy bay, try Knossos Bay towards Capo Greco, sea so warm and clear.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
teesside
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

This was/ is not a 4star hotel just shades a poor 3. Food poor & cold, hotel dated & in need of a return. Evening meal tried 3 ate out 4 no choice at all . Cheers bar lovely food/ service & bar. Odessa never to be tried again. Visited 16th October 2013 . Boro lad . Teesside

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joesmudger
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

hotel room was very clean, staff very friendly, hallways carpets need a good hoover and clean, lights on hallways very dim, food always Luke warm, for a 4Star hotel food not very good, on arrival greeted with orange juice just what you need at 4 in the morrring afiter a 6 hour delay, we were toald because we missed dinner , we could have lunch next day, but we were never going to make dinner even if we werent delayed, and no dinner on the last night of our stay which is a bit of a con,

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Angela N
weston-super-mare
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Not sure where TrudyH396 is coming from, the food was ok and could have been a little warmer. The Thomas Cook Rep was there every day, as she said at the introduction talk, she will always be in the reception am, we spoke to her many times. We alkso saw Trudy and as said by greenwoodscrewe she and hubby always looked like enjoying the holiday, in fact her son helped the entertainers ! They were fabulous ! When he hurt his foot we were right there next to him, Trudy said she was happy for her son to put his foot in the pool to stop the bleeding, umm that dont work ! she was far from bothered. All in all goood value for money and would return but probable drop down to B & B basis.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wheels1239
Crewe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We loved this Hotel it was great. Do not listen to TrudyH396. We were there the same fortnight and we remember this couple they looked like they were having a great time. We were there as a family for my mum and dads anniversary. The staff were very friendly and great customer service. The Rep Demi and Entertainers Laura, Nicola and Aleishe were there EVERY day apart from their day off and were brilliant. The staff were brilliant we even saw some people in tears saying bye to them. My 6 year old nephew was in and out of the pool every day and didnt get hurt once. The rooms were excellent cleaned every day and clean towels, the beds were comfortable. The food was brilliant, something different everyday. I dont understand how people can complain about this hotel it was brilliant. Would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank greenwoodscrewe
Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I went for my 15th wedding anniversary and 40th birthday so two special occasions and wish I had stayed at home. Not sure where to start as there is so much to say but here goes. Food. We went for half board which is gorgeous if you like cold beans and stale bread for breakfast. Watered down juice and mouldy fruit! Staff very unfriendly and rude.evening meal was great if you like the smell of meat that doesn't smell of meat if you get my drift! Never tried mashed potato made with garlic before! Disgusting. The puddings if you could call them puddings wasn't worth eating! Staff in evenings were rude and unsociable. Had evening meal once only as would rather eat out. Rooms. It says they have updated and cleaned up rooms. We'll they wasn't too bad decor wise but finding lots of black hair on my 14 year old sons prison bed( who we paid for as an adult) and someone's dirty hair bobbles under my bed wasn't my idea of cleanliness. A day before we were going home we played water bingo with the reps and to cut a long story short my sons foot fell through the broken white grates around the pool. He could of broke his ankle. Luckily he didn't but he did end up with 4 cuts broken skin on both sides of his foot and a deep laceration on his ankle bone. All the people round the pool and the reps were amazing. The staff rushed to get the grate replaced not bothering about my sons bleeding ankle. I approached the man at the bar and he said would I like a doctor? But quickly followed with you must use your holiday insurance! I asked him for his first aid kit and looked after my son myself after the man wiping over the cuts seemed not at all bothered. I taken my son to our room and minutes later our room phone rang and a lady said hello your son has accident two days ago can u explain ? I was disgusted and told her my son had only just has the accident not two days ago. Nothing was said after that. Seen no rep at the resort! Had to pay for a safe! Had to pay for a fridge! And so on and so on. Not sure what other peoples standards are but I work hard to have a bit of relaxation once a year and like to be looked after with good customer service. Would never recommend this hotel and neither of the others that this company run! To be honest I only put one star as I had no choice or there would be none!

Room Tip: A room that has been cleaned after the last visitors would be a good idea.
Stayed October 2013, travelled with family