“Style over substance”
Review of Hippocampus

Hippocampus
Ranked #29 of 164 Restaurants in Protaras
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Hippocampus Lounge Restaurant located in Protaras, which is a famous tourist area in Cyprus. Serves great, simple dishes in a modern and stylish environment. The Lounge Cafe Restaurant is the ideal setting for any occasion. Eclectic dishes, all of which are made on the premises by the restaurant's chef, range Burgers, Pasta and Steaks to the more traditional Greek Mousaka, delectable seafood plates, ensuring there is something to tempt everyone, while the wines and cocktails provide the perfect accompaniment to any dish. The last three years added an excellent Sushi that is prepared on our Sushi-Bar and Hookah Flavours that ensure a great experience. The service is always professional and attentive, while the atmosphere informal and relaxed.
Reviewed 13 October 2018

This looks like a really smart restaurant, and it is very popular with small children who like the play area. We actually ate here twice on our recent holiday, as we thought the first visit was probably not typical. My husband loved his chicken dish but I found the salad underwhelming. It was billed as including crab sticks, tuna and salmon. I found the crab sticks ok, but only found the other fish after ploughing through a mountain of shredded cabbage (I think that's what it was). The dressing was delicious, but the cured tuna and salmon didn't go together, or with anything else.
The second time, I ordered a fillet steak with a "creamy mushroom sauce". It was actually Diane sauce, but the waitress told me it wasn't. The grilled vegetables were soaked in oil, and the potatoes tasted of soil. The steak was cooked as ordered but was obviously not a good cut. Very chewy.
The restaurant and the food look fabulous, but the service and the taste just don't match up.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Worst burger, really dry, boring, weird meat and not as shown at the picture....
Bad nachos and spring rolls

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Brilliant food, tastey cocktails, quick service too. Only problem is finding space for a large group but we managed it and staff polite and helpful to move tables with us

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant twice food and service excellent ambiance lovely very bright clean looking and very reasonable prices i would definetely recommend this restaurant

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

It's been a while to eat to this restaraunt that don't stop to amaze me, so i choose to go for a quick visit.I order chicken mushroom and was as delicious as other years that im proud to visit.Even better if i recall.I will come again with my family just to have my child play in their very good playground.