“Vrissiana - brilliant holiday”

Vrissiana Beach Hotel
Ranked #18 of 65 Hotels in Protaras
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Vrissiana - brilliant holiday”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We have been going to Cyrpus for 17 years and this year decided to stay at the Vrissiana. Everything was perfect, from the minute we arrived until the moment we left. The room was fantastic (but did wonder about the mirror on the ceiling), with everything we needed. The waiters and everyone couldnt do enough to make our stay better. Special mention to Davis - if you get the pleasure of him looking after you, he will do everything in his power to help you enjoy your holiday. All the ladies loved him so much they wanted to take him home to look after him. Unfortunately he leaves in October to come to London, and the Vrissiana will miss him. Also special mention to Peter, who attention to detail was first class. We enjoyed our stay so much we had to go and tell the Manager about it - we didnt have a single complaint to make and wanted him and the staff to know they helped to make it the best holiday ever. Going back on now to book again for next year. Thanks for everything. Wendy & Derek Bateman

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Just returned from our 2 week annual holiday here. This is the 3rd year we have stayed at this hotel and it gets better every year. I arranged a surprise birthday candlelit meal for my sisters birthday and the staff were amazing, kept it a surprise right up to the time we went down to the dining room for our evening meal. The food was fantastic and the service by Manuel was excellent.

I had emailed the hotel prior to our holiday to request a quiet room next to my sister and her hubby and this was honoured. We had wine and fruit in the room with a Welcome Back card.

Reception staff were always polite and helpful and always had a smile on their faces.

Peter was the one that stood out from the rest in my opinion but a big mention to Aris, Davis, Nadia, Tatiana, Joseph, Maria, Aneetha and all other staff. They were brilliant.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pam D
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We have just arrived back from our 2 week holiday at the vrissiana hotel in protaras Cyprus, we spent the 2 weeks there with my sister and husband, it was our 3rd stay there and again have had an amazing 2 weeks .
The hotel staff work so hard and always happy to help and make our stay perfect.

the hotel is modern and well furnished the bedrooms are very spacious and comfortable.
The cleanliness was exceptional, we had clean towels and sheets every day, the food was amazing so much choice and plenty of it.
We actually met the chef and he told us that his wife makes all the delicious cakes and deserts,
we were all inclusive but I have to say that we were a bit disappointed that the cocktail bar didn't supply the spirits that we had last time, unless we paid for them, I expect this is down to the financial problems that Cyprus are having. I was quite happy with my coffee as not a big alcohol drinker, but would have liked my baileys . the wine was awful from the cocktail bar but very nice with our meals, I couldn't understand why we didn't get the same choice at the cocktail bar.
some of the waiters/waitresses were just not helpful at all, when I asked for a baileys I was told not got any and not told that I could pay for it as I could actually see the bottle there, then I was given an alternative to baileys which was like poison, it tasted like soap. I expressed my feelings to one of the waiters and he went out of his way to find me something I liked.

After saying all this I would still go back there, as this was just a small issue I had , on the whole the management and most of the staff were very helpful and friendly. we were invited to several cocktail nights and given free champagne and appetizers and the management came round and spoke to everyone individually .

The location of the hotel is just brilliant, so close to the shops and restaurants and its right on the beach.
My sister organised a special candlelit meal as a surprise for my birthday and we were treated like royalty, they arranged the table overlooking the sea and decorated it beautifully with flowers and even tied sashes around the chairs, the chef cooked us a special meal which was gorgeous .

All in all this was yet again a fantastic holiday and would highly recommend it.

Hoping to go back again next year.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Had 2 week stay at hotel ,the second time in 3 years, and would have no hesitation in returning next year. The Food ,Staff, and cleaniness of the hotel was excellent.
Special mention for all STAFF who are always very Helpful. (Nothing seems to be a trouble)
We were celebrating a special birthday and staff delivered wine & basket of fruit to room.
one minor fault is some of rooms need re-decorating. The size of rooms are more than adequate,
and beds are really comfortable.
Looking to book for next year as I write this review!
Paul & Tracey from Darlington

Ilfracombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I've been to Protaras 4 times, staying mostly B&B and Villa. We wanted to go that little extra this year, so looked at previous reviews and thought we give Vrissianna a go. The hotel itself was really nice, didn't get hair dryer as was stated so glad I took my own. The room was quite big and had a large bed with a mirror above the bed (which made me giggle). The towels were changed daily, the floor was cleaned but nothing else really, I know as we had dirty glass rim marks and I'd taken electric toothbrush so it always leaves a residue - this was never cleaned. You paid a deposit for a beach towel which you changed daily if you so wished and got your deposit back on its return on your last day. We stayed half board, we didn't get any other option when booking though most other people there were all inclusive. They didn't ask us if we wished to upgrade, but to be honest I don't think it would have paid us to have gone all inclusive as we only ate breakfast and evening meal anyway and weren't big drinkers. Breakfast was ok, a good large selection. Evening meals were not good. For what we paid to stay there I expected more. The food was very basic, dry, not much in way of juices with the meals. Deserts very childlike, jelly, crème caramel, angel delight type things, which was every night. There were two types of cakes, but were fake cream, so although they looked nice, not all that nice. I've bought cakes (large ones) when we got married out there so know that they make fabulous cakes so was very disappointed at what was being dished out night after night. We resorted at the end to just go out so that we got got something decent. When half board you have to pay for your drinks with the evening meal, you don't even get water - it all has to be paid for and at 3 euros for a small glass or 4 euros for a pint of coke/pop. Overall very disappointing for the amount we paid which was almost £1200 each for 2 wks half board. I'd go there on a B&B option but not any other option.

Room Tip: We were warned could be noisy, we were lucky as we got a room above the reception side.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank GillianHoyles
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Stayed at the Antigoni for the last 3 years and decided to return to the Vrissiana and realised what we had been missing, fabulous hotel, we booked half board then found out we could swap the evening meal for lunch everyday which was excellent as we then ate out every night, had a massage which again was excellent.
Nothing was any trouble for the staff, and Savvoula was a delight - she's actually the office manager.

2 Thank Nick D
Barnsley, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

my partner and I enjoyed one of our best holidays together at the Vrissiana, From the moment we arrived the staff were very friendly and helpful, they all went that extra mile to ensure our holiday was perfect. The hotel was immaculate and the bedrooms were spacious and the beds were very comfortable. A thing that stood out for us was from every chair, sofa or poolside beds comfort was a major theme, don't think I'll ever be able to use a beach bed again after the comfort of the Vrissiana. All the meals were cooked and served to perfection with so many tastes to drive the pallet wild. We returned home on the 15th of September and are already planning to return next year, to sum up this hotel the location is ideal, the scenery is breathtaking and the service second to none all this contributed to us Having a fantastic holiday. Did not use the spa facility so did not rate it, was too busy relaxing!

1 Thank Geoff D