After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor I was very worried about the experience we were going to have but I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was stunning in both decor and location. We were placed on the first floor in the middle and yes we could hear the noise from the bars but in no way did it bother us and we never had a problem sleeping.
We spent most of our time on the sunbeds in the garden area near to the beach, with a beach that gorgeous why not! To get a sunbed around the pool you would need to get to get in there early but there were always plently of sunbeds to go around, even at the busiest time at the weekend we still managed to get a sunbed.
I would like to mention the locals, now after seeing other complaints about the situation I would like to say that we never experienced any problems. We were Half Board and therefore were not visiting the bar but I would say that the locals got preferential treatment because of one simple fact, they were spending money and lots of it! They did get charged to use the sunbeds but as I said there were plently to go around.
The food in the hotel was of a good standard and at breakfast there was something for everyone. But I would like to recommend for a traditional Greek night visit Romeo's Taverna which it towards the end of the Protarus Strip in Fig Tree Bay. (turn left out of the hotel and keeping walking for 10 minutes and it is next to a large Chinese restaurant) On Wednesday, Friday and Sunday nights they have traditional Greek dancing and entertainment and you have to try a traditional Greek Meze, yummy!
I would say that this hotel would be more suited to couples rather than familes as not a lot for children to do and the First Choice brochure does recommend the hotel as adults only.
We had a fantastic time and would stay again at the Vrissiana Beach Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to resemble a billowing sail with its unique boat shape, Vrissiana Beach Hotel combines architecture, chic interior design, and contemporary style. With its fresh modern aesthetic, breathtaking surrounding and impeccable service, guests are spoiled in every way. It is primly located on one of the finest golden sandy beaches of Cyprus in the heart of Protaras, next to many attractions. The elegant and spacious rooms offer stunning panoramic views of the crystal clear Mediterranean Sea, tempting you to enjoy a relaxing morning or an afternoon on the room's balcony. The plunge pool with its private cabanas and the popular beach bar are the ideal spot for your ultimate relaxation. It is the perfect setting for holiday makers that seek prime location, tasteful accommodation, delicious cuisine, sports and entertainment, peace and relaxation. One of the contemporary hotels in the area and an ideal refined getaway for couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vrissiana Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vrissiana Boutique Beach Protaras
- Hotel Vrissiana Boutique Beach