“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 66 Hotels in Protaras
Moscow
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We spent our vocation in the hotel in the first decade of July and stayed very satisfied with the hotel: location, enough quantity of sunbed, meals especially fish, organization all around the hotel. It deserves more than declared 3 stars.
The personnel is qualified and very polite, always ready to help.
I want to say special thanks to the girls in reseption and to manager Magda - they were very patient and understanding the difficult situation we were because of our tourist agency in Russia, who didn't pay money for us in time. After all the problems were fixed and we spent good time in Cyrus (it was my 5th trip in this island )
I think I'd return in Silver Sands for one more vacation )))

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Menshikovs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Lovely hotel, could do with a little update in corridors and entertainment could have been better but staff excellent, breakfast good, evening meal bit repetitive but the charming manager Andreas made up for it.

Room Tip: Request beach view, excellent and worth a little more if you can afford it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sue C
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Returned from silver sands on the 28 th June, after a 2 week holiday on half board, at this amazing hotel,my opinion,it deserves more than 3*.This was my 6th visit to this brilliant hotel,previously 3 times with my late husband,who just loved Silver Sands, my daughter in law, came back with me in 2012 and again i came back with my grandson,in the same yr, this time i was accompanied by my 19yr old grandaughter,who loved every minuet,, i am lucky to have family to go back with, to this much loved holiday destination,A BIG THANKYOU.to Magda,and all the front desk staff,always willing to help,and nothing to much trouble,the fabulous Andreas {Smiley} the restaurant manager and all staff,so hard working,friendly, and caring, the food choice and quality was excellent,The housekeeping lady, bless her, was friendly, and kept us with a good supply of spotless white towels and bedding, cleaning daily. The location is just spot on,for the shops, bars and sits 4 metres from the beautiful beach,i could go on for ever,with all positive remarks, but my final one is i hope to go back in sept/oct, my grandaughter is now smitten, like her grandma and late grandad, i think that says it all, well done **SILVER SANDS**Thankyou from Jean & Nikki

Room Tip: Side sea View 2nd floor Couldnt fault it
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Jean S
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

My partner and I have just returned from a 2 week stay at this hotel and what a great time we had. We booked a late deal with Olympic holidays so had no idea where we were staying but sure fell in lucky! This hotel is located meters away from the beach and sea with the added bonus of being the last in the row of hotels located on this stretch of beach. Our room was on the first floor and had a great side view of the beach. The beds were very comfortable and thank god for the air conditioning. There was also a kettle and cups in the room with a fridge (payable locally). Safety deposit box was also available in the room (payable locally - 2 euros/day). Rooms are cleaned daily ours by a lady who always wished us good morning with a smiley face :)
The restaurant area was spotlessly clean and foods were replenished regularly throughout the service period. There was a great choice of food available for breakfast, lunch and dinner and plenty of it. We arrived in the early hours of the morning so were given a voucher for lunch the next day as we had missed dinner which I thought was a nice welcoming touch. All the staff from reception, housekeeping, chefs, waiters/waitresses and the manager were all very friendly, efficient and helpful. There is a good working team here who seem to want to ensure everyone has a great holiday. There is a mix of nationalities staying at the hotel which also makes for interesting people watching! There are plenty of free sunbeds for sunbathing around the pool area and gardens. There is also a massage gazebo located overlooking the beach for those wishing to treat themselves. The beach sunbeds are 2.50 each and umbrella also 2.50 euros. These are run by the local council and the money collectors are very friendly. You don't need to take your own beach towels as these are available from the hotel for a 10 euro deposit which will save on your luggage allowance. Drinks are reasonably priced with cocktails from 20.00 - 24.00 for 2.95 euros. The lobby bar has a sitting area with stunning views out over the beach. A great place to relax after dinner. Towels and sheets are renewed regularly and toiletries such as shampoo and shower gel are also provided. The location of the hotel also means that you are not situated right on the main strip which can be noisy. The noise from the bars on the strip could be heard in the room until about 12.00 o'clock but it wasn't loud enough to keep me awake. I think some of the other hotels further along the beach would experience greater noise issues. I would definitely return to this hotel and thank you all for ensuring we had a great holiday :) My only recommendation would be for the hotel to provide free wifi access. Wifi access is currently provided at a reasonable charge but is free in most bars in the town. Michele & Mike (Honey)

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the front of the hotel for excellent sea views and a quieter location.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank michelewehden
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Dont read all the negative reviews on this hotel there all lies ....we arrived at the silversands hotel on the 21st of june ...upgraded straight away to an amazing room with outstanding views and straight away we knew we were gonna love this place ....staff are amazing they really are so friendly and polite and helpful will miss them all especially sarah who made my family so welcome ...me and my partner had our wedding here and it was perfect thanks to angela.and nicola and of course the hotel for everything they did to make sure the day was perfect because it really was ...champagne breakfast..candlelight dinner..stunning...this hotel was perfect for me and my family and our stay here was perfect thanks to everyone especially andreas for everything he did for me and my family really appreciate it and we cant wait to return next year :-):-):-):-):-)

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank juliacarr
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel a number of times over the last 15 years, right on the each and central to Protaras and provides a good base. Right on the beach and it might be only a 3 Star but it's ok! Gives good access to all amenities in the town!

Room Tip: High rooms are quieter!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mel P
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

My friend and I have just come back from spending 2 weeks all inclusive at the Silver Sands, we could not find any fault with anything the food was great a good choice each day, staff were very helpful and friendly the service was good especially in the restaurant. the cleanliness was good inside and outside with the pool area washed and rinsed everyday. we would definitely return and recommend to others.

From Yvonne and Chris

Room Tip: all rooms have a sea view some rooms are bigger than others A/C very quiet you can hardly hear it.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends