US$327
US$299
Capo Bay Hotel(Protaras)
US$238
US$159
Coralli Spa Resort(Protaras)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$163
US$159
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$183/night.

Alva Hotel Apartments(Protaras)(Great Value!)
US$146
  • Pool
Crystal Springs Beach Hotel(Protaras)
US$216
  • Breakfast included
Kapetanios Bay Hotel(Protaras)(Great Value!)
US$105
Antigoni Hotel(Protaras)
US$245
getaroom.com
Hotels.com
1,309 results
All reviewsa la carte restaurantanimation teamfire showsea viewnext yearfree mealtoasted sandwichswim up roombreakfast restaurantadult poolfamily suitebar stafftoastiesfree saferanch barayia napaplenty of choice
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for 1 week. After reading the reviews, I was very excited and happy with our hotel choice but it was a slight disappointment in reality. I will explain fully below:

Check in:
We checked in late one evening and was greeted by a very lovely Stavros. He explained where all the facilities were thoroughly and told us to go to the bar where we could get a ham and cheese toastie which was very welcome after a long flight.

Room:
We paid for a side sea view room and can say that the view was lovely. We were on the top floor so had a lovely view over the pool and sea.

However the room was very small and had very little storage space. The wardrobe was next to the bedside table/bed so you couldn’t actually access it so we lived out of our suitcases for the week which was very inconvenient.

The next problem we found was that there were only three accessible plug sockets, one for the TV, one for the kettle and one for the fridge which was a bit of a pain for us.

Pool:
There are two pools, the main one and the adult pool. We stayed by the adult pool throughout our trip. We discovered on the first day that the sun beds around the poolside had to be reserved and can only be reserved once per week, per room. However, every day that we were there, the same families managed to reserve the sun beds so I’m not sure how this was fair. Particularly as they wouldn’t regularly arrive until mid-morning time. There are plenty of sun beds on the grass area but then you have to contend with the thousands of birds which are looking for food in the grass so isn’t ideal.

Locals are able to hire out the sun beds during the day but they typically only did this at the weekend. We found that the sun beds surrounding the adult pool (the ones which needed to be reserved) were full of locals at the weekend which I think is slightly unfair.

Restaurants:

Kamares Restaurant:
Food generally repetitive and gave both my partner and I bad stomachs. Also, be aware that most people think the food is going to run out and rush in front of you so be prepared to be barged out of the way!

Also, we felt like we were being rushed to finish our meals as the staff would hover until you finish so that they can clear the plates away.

The evening meal wasn’t opened until 7pm which wasn’t a problem for us but as it was so late, the restaurant filled up very quickly at 7pm, particularly with families with hungry children! The hotel should consider opening the restaurant earlier to cater for this.

Breakfast restaurant:
Breakfast was lovely and by far the best meal of the day. They serve a variety of food such as a full English, continental, fruits and pancakes. The staff in this restaurant were also by far the nicest and most welcoming.

Amarante restaurant:
Closed with no explanation as to why. Although we did receive a leaflet under our door stating that it would be reopening the day after we left, obviously not very helpful for us.

Thalassa Restaurant:
We went for our complimentary meal on my partners birthday and must admit it was lovely. The food was delicious and all served very quickly and efficiently.

Pool bar:
The food at the pool bar was ok, there is not much variety but if you only want a toastie or cheeseburger then it is fine!

The drinks at the pool bar were good although we did find the staff to be a little rude when ordering drinks by messing around with each other rather than serving.

Tui rep:
Annie the Tui rep was lovely and very friendly. She honestly made our stay a lot better and helped us choose which excursions to visit. The Black Pearl boat trip and The Grand Tour 4x4 are a must and we thoroughly enjoyed our time.

Entertainment:
Poor entertainment although I do think the staff try their best.

There is a children’s mini disco which play the same songs every night and I began to dread when I would hear it starting. The entertainment appears to be repeated every other day which was very tedious for us as it was mainly just dancing. I would have liked to see some Cypriot traditions in the entertainment, after all, you are in their country, otherwise it just seems a bit like Butlins!

The main problem I found was that the staff would say they are starting something ‘in 5 minutes’ but you would still be sitting there 30 minutes later. In the end, I gave up waiting and returned to my room.

Overall;
This hotel could easily be made better but unfortunately all of the minor issues such as storage space and the staff hovering over our tables did ruin the holiday for us so I doubt that we will be returning.

9  Thank DaisyE2013
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was our 4th stay ........ And it just gets better every time , a wonderful place to stay the staff are outstanding can not do enough for you the location is ideal . We have already booked to return next year . Just love this place

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Karen M

Dear Karen M,

Thank you for your returning visit and your time taken to share a detailed five star rated review above. Greatly appreciated.

It is a pleasure to hear that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Cyprus. We look forward to welcoming you back to us again next year.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for a week in June the hotel is very clean the staff are super friendly, nice choice of food.The hotel is a wedding venue hotel so many large parties of families stayed at the hotel. by the adult pool you had a lovely view of the weddings taking place! Spent a day at the beach very close to the hotel. Overall had an enjoyable stay at the Pernera beach hotel.

3  Thank sharon d

Dear sharon d,

Thank you for your amazing review and comments about the team. I'm delighted to read you had a wonderful stay with us. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to us again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my third time to this hotel, I hadn't been there for around 10 years but wow it was even better than before, love the expansion of the pools, Spa staff fantastic, reception staff great, George you never change always have that friendly welcome smile. I cannot fault this hotel and have already booked again for two weeks next year May 2019

Room Tip: see view room
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Paul C

Dear Paul C,

Thank you for your review. I'm delighted to read you had a wonderful experience with us and thank you too for your lovely comments about the staff. I will ensure to pass them on. I look forward to welcoming you back to us again next May.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my boyfriend booked a trip to Cyprus as we had never been together. This hotel was the best choice by far, paid an extra £120 when we booked the hotel for pool and sea view.
Food never let us down, being a picky eater myself there was always something I liked as the range of food varied at evening tea. Lunch by the pool bar served the same small snack list such as toasties, chicken nuggets, fish fingers and burgers. Breakfast was always the same spread with bacon sausages tomatoes toast scrambled egg and pancakes ect.
We watched a wedding every day as the hotel was popular for this event, amazing!

Would defiantly recommend the quad trip as you get to drive the quads yourself or share and swap with your partner as we did. Three hour long trip with loads of stop offs such as sea caves and glass floored churches.

The entertainment team at the hotel did a great job throughout our stay. The shows they put on themselves were amazing such as fire work, singing and dancing (full of talent) Not like other hotels we have been to previously

We snorkelled at the blue flagged beach next to the hotel and saw two octopus, rainbow fish, trumpet fish and a sea cucumber!!
The dolphins boat trip cost us 10€ each for three hours, saw two turtles and got to jump off the boat (or slide).

5  Thank DannielleRae

Dear DannielleRae,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write a lovely review. It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We all hope to welcome you back many more times.