“Hice 4 days passed in Cyprus”
Review of Paschalia Hotel

Paschalia Hotel
Ranked #61 of 65 Hotels in Protaras
Athens
“Hice 4 days passed in Cyprus”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

IT was a nice break of 4 days at the end of September.
We had a great time at this nice hotel, where people were so kind , it was really economic package, and the service was beyond our expectations. The food was good and nice quality, and the best thing were the drinks in the hotel
IN few words, nice and well done, for the price offered.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
lancashire
Reviewed 3 November 2012

OMG where do i start, just like buzzibee's review, i will try to keep it short. We have just returned and never again!! Dirty, filthy rooms and bathrooms, i cleaned behind the loo when we arrived at 2 a.m. it was disgusting, pubic hairs, hair, dirt etc. Mattress was all covered in stains and the sheets were for single beds on a double! So you can imagine. The food was horrific and the entertainment as advertised was non existent!. Rust in the bathroom and dirty stained ceiling tiles. Green Pool in places. Rude receptionists, they ran out of Cappucino, ice cream and vodka and draught beer at one point, they said, end of season!! OK but we paid over £1200 so if they run out of things, they should replace them! I could go on and on, but please, whatever you do, dont book this, pay a little extra for another one!!

5 Thank sandra s

Travellers are raving about these Protaras hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2012

This hotel is NOT a 3 star hotel. My family and I arrived on Sat 20th and had checked out into a different hotel by Sun 21st. I could ramble on about the dire state of the bedrooms and bathrooms but I will try and keep it short.

Our bathroom ceiling was sagging and falling down, there was mould and rust marks all over the bath, tiles and sink, cracked tiles, limescale so thick you could barley move the taps. Cracked tiles and general dirt and grime ( including pubic hair) all over the floor.

The bedroom had huge black water marks all over the ceiling, dust everywhere, the bed linen and curtains had dirty marks and holes in them, Again dirt and grime all over the floor and the furniture had been painted with green painted that was chipped flaking off all over and generally awful!

The pool had green mould and algae in it and large holes around the edge, approximately 250cm by 250cm square, just big enough for you to get your foot caught in as you got in and out...if you dared!

The dining room was dirty and grimy the seats were so filthy I didn't even want to sit down. We didn't eat breakfast here. Even my children didn't want too.

The worst thing was the evening receptionist when we complained about the above to him, he shouted at us, he had been drinking and was racially abusive to us. He refused to get a manager as he would get fired. At one point he told us unless we spoke Russian or German to him he would longer converse with us. His words were " who do you English think you are, why do you think you should have everything. Who do you think you are just because you are English, the English are nothing you should look at other countries history to realise you are not important!

That is the short version his tirade went on for some time, even as we walked away he was still shouting at us. There was another family who had the same issues with the male receptionist so it's not an isolated incident.

Also the manager was meant to speak to us the following day....he didn't turn up at the time stated and when we checked out lo and behold the same male receptionist was on shift.......I doubt he was even spoken to about his drunken abusive behaviour.

PLEASE DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!!!!!

Room Tip: There aren't any!
Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank buzziebee12
Paphos, Cyprus
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Came with my 2 Year old and my partner for three days stay,we paid almost 108eu for three nights half board. Cheap price,which stated special offer discounted from 188eu!!! So I thought what a great deal. I was shocked to see the room,it was dirty and I mean filthy. Bathroom with some p...c hair on the floor,mould on the tiles,no button to flush the toilet,nowhere to hang toilet roll. The room stank of dust and smoke. Carpet absolutely disgusting,balcony floor never washed. The bed we were given for my daughter was dirty,old camping bed,with a piece of rusty metal sticking out of the bottom(very dangerous if you have a little child running around).No maid service for three and half days,the same towels After seeing this we took a closer look at the hotel. Food very bad,the chef should be fired. Everything swimming in oil-thats breakfast,which was not as bad. But the dinner,omg,for three days the same meat,just with different spices,dry old,just there until its eaten,choice of two meats,some poor vegetables(peas,carrots) and a salad. I am not a fussy eater and I do not expect to eat as in 5 star hotel,but to eat the same stuff for three nights,the same old dry meat,soup was as if you make a Bistro sauce and dissolve it in looots of water.The pool bar is a joke and the pool itself I believe is not safe to swimm in. There is soo much dirt and green mould on the racks around it that is shocking. Alltohether there is a receptionist,3 people in the restaurant,1 guy swiping floor around the pool area and 2 maids,which I only ever saw downstairs around the hotel. This is it for a hotel with around 90 rooms!!!! Very bad standarts. Receptionist sooo rude. English family had some complaints and he just said. Madam from where you come from the 3 stars hotels are much worse,you got what you paid for.This is the standart in Cyprus!!! NO NO NO. I was shocked.
You will never hear hello,good morning,good evening from anyone. It is just a very sad to see a hotel with great potentional to drop all standarts all together. Cleaninnes,manners,care. I will not be back ever. Please see pictures I have taken in our room,absolutely not suitable for anyone. I am use to sstaying in a two/three star hotels,but this is not even a hostel if you consider all aspects.PLEASE do not go! And if you do expect all of the above.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LenkaV799
Berkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Book this hotel for it location and fell within our price range as this was our third holiday this year. after reading all the reviews ( how accurate are they) i went knowing that we would get what we paid for. I paid under £29 per night half board for both of us by booking direct.

Nicely situated in Pernera, about a 15min walk to Protaras centre. The hotel is urgent need of cosmetic surgery and it is now very tired looking. The reception staff seem to have been in hospital to have a "charm by-pass", and the rest of the staff wasn't much friendlier. The room had a good points, Air con and a fridge. I was suprised to find it also had a kettle, just a shame it was a 2 pin and cyprus like the UK has 3. However it did not matter as there were no cups, tea, coffee, milk and sugar. The bathroom had a 4' shower hose, so anybody taller will have to sit in the bath to have a shower. The bar does not accept cash and all drinkls are charged to the room. however, the bar staff did not ask for proof once, so i could of said any room number and they would not of known.

Would suggest anticipating eating out as there are some lovely restaurants to choose from with prices ranging from 5 to 20 euros. Food in the hotel was bland and little choice. If you eat in and don't eat everything they prepared, don't worry it is recycled for the next day. my other half was well impressed, she lost 6lb in weight!!! Can't wait to retun to Cyprus but a different hotel next time.

Room Tip: ask for a room that does not face the pool. People seem to want to party until the early hours and t...
3 Thank LoyalroyalBerkshire
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We recently came back from this hotel after a weekend break. Thankgod we were only there for a weekend. The food was awful, and we could only stomach breakfast. The lunch consisted of salad, pasta and rice with no taste. I asked the waiting staff for mayo and they looked at me like I had two heads! and the answer was no they didnt have mayo. we didnt even stay around for evening meal as i couldnt face it. The atmosphere in the hotel was depressing none of the staff could bearly crack a smile and to be honest i don't blame them I wouldnt be smiling if i had to work in there day in day out.
No way is this hotel 3 star, id bearly give it a 1 star. I honestly dreaded going back once we had left for the day.
Most of the guests appeared to be russians, i think ive seen some comments stating it should be called the russian hotel and now i know why.
if you are thinking of a cheap deal there has to be other options. Dont stay at this hotel u will regret it!!!

1 Thank malla545
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2012

hotel was clean. pool area was nice with lots of garden area. there was no daytime activities or night time entertainment. We stayed all inclusive. myself, my husband and two grandchildren 7 and 10. the food was edible, just. every meal was either pork one day ,chicken the next. what you had for lunch was what you had for dinner. there were no condiments except for salt pepper vinigar and oil. we had to eat out often because after a couple of days eating the same bland food we couldnt face it. the desert was always jelly and mousse and sometimes there would be a fruit. the snack on offer was a dried bread with cheese and ham, suitable for toasting but there wasnt a toaster. All drinks came in a pint glass whatever you asked for. there was no tea only mint or camamile. the waterpark you see next door to the hotel is derelict and rusting. I would never recomend this hotel. Its too far from Protaras to walk in the heat of the day, the busses go past full, but if you can get on one they are good value. Cyprus was great , but not this hotel. they only had 4 staff and a couple of chaimbermaids.

Room Tip: 4 floors so top floor gave best views