“A good choice for active tourists”
Review of Paschalia Hotel

Paschalia Hotel
Ranked #62 of 65 Hotels in Protaras
Moscow, Russia
“A good choice for active tourists”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We stayed here in July 2013. As my wife and my prefer active holidays to leisure, we enjoyed the hotel. We rented a car and bicycles and were travelling along the island during the holidays.
The room was spacious enough with a balcony, air conditioner, TV, fridge and hair dryer. Although the view was on the abandoned aqua park, we could see a part of sea as well. The condition of the room was poor, but it wasn't a problem for us. Every day the room was cleaned. There is a Wi-Fi hotspot in the lobby and in the pool area. But the downloading speed was driving my crazy :-)
What concerns nutrition there, it wasn't so bad, but it could has been better though. There were almost no fruits, yesterday's vegetables and disgusting tea. All the rest is typical.
The stuff was friendly and helpful.
In fact, there are a huge number of Russians there.
The hotel is located in 10 minutes far from the sea. However we didn't enjoy that bay, we were going to the Pernera bay(15 minutes on foot) or to the Fig tree bay (20 minutes).
My conclusion is the tourists who prefer active tourism, who'd like to rent a car or a bicycle, who want to explore the island will find the hotel convenient. But those, who're looking for the leisure tourism, who want to lay-in all the holidays and take sunbaths... well.. my recommendation to you... go and find another hotel, seriously.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Thorn_Anarchy

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Even though we were not planning a holiday this year, we managed to book a rather rushed family break to Cyprus. We spent most of our time by the pool enjoying the sun though we did walk to the beach a couple of times which was just 10-15 minutes away. The hotel was just perfect for our needs – quiet, nice pool area, spacious rooms. It’s been years since I had such a relaxing time and surely we will be visiting Cyprus again in the near future!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Andrew S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We spent a week at the hotel with my girlfriend. We had a very good time and we really liked Cyprus too as it was our first time. The hotel was better than expected, especially it's bar and pool area. The location is good as it's close to the beach and near the City Centre. Generally it was great value for money.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I stayed here for a six nights. My room was spotless . wanting a quite holiday this hotel was perfect, I found the staff warm and welcoming, willing to advise and help at all times. I enjoyed the pool which was deep and of course showering before entering to lower my body temp. There is a beautiful view from sunny side of hotel which over looks the pool area and bar. was reassured that music stopped at midnight, which is what I was looking for. I enjoyed the food. the hotel is in a quite area , with locale shops and beach a ten minutes walk away.WiFi connection in lobby excellent.
Many thanks to all the staff for the smiles and help though out the week.

Room Tip: my room was 305
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Athens
Reviewed 20 February 2013

IT was a nice break of 4 days at the end of September.
We had a great time at this nice hotel, where people were so kind , it was really economic package, and the service was beyond our expectations. The food was good and nice quality, and the best thing were the drinks in the hotel
IN few words, nice and well done, for the price offered.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
lancashire
Reviewed 3 November 2012

OMG where do i start, just like buzzibee's review, i will try to keep it short. We have just returned and never again!! Dirty, filthy rooms and bathrooms, i cleaned behind the loo when we arrived at 2 a.m. it was disgusting, pubic hairs, hair, dirt etc. Mattress was all covered in stains and the sheets were for single beds on a double! So you can imagine. The food was horrific and the entertainment as advertised was non existent!. Rust in the bathroom and dirty stained ceiling tiles. Green Pool in places. Rude receptionists, they ran out of Cappucino, ice cream and vodka and draught beer at one point, they said, end of season!! OK but we paid over £1200 so if they run out of things, they should replace them! I could go on and on, but please, whatever you do, dont book this, pay a little extra for another one!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank sandra s

Travellers are raving about these Protaras hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2012

This hotel is NOT a 3 star hotel. My family and I arrived on Sat 20th and had checked out into a different hotel by Sun 21st. I could ramble on about the dire state of the bedrooms and bathrooms but I will try and keep it short.

Our bathroom ceiling was sagging and falling down, there was mould and rust marks all over the bath, tiles and sink, cracked tiles, limescale so thick you could barley move the taps. Cracked tiles and general dirt and grime ( including pubic hair) all over the floor.

The bedroom had huge black water marks all over the ceiling, dust everywhere, the bed linen and curtains had dirty marks and holes in them, Again dirt and grime all over the floor and the furniture had been painted with green painted that was chipped flaking off all over and generally awful!

The pool had green mould and algae in it and large holes around the edge, approximately 250cm by 250cm square, just big enough for you to get your foot caught in as you got in and out...if you dared!

The dining room was dirty and grimy the seats were so filthy I didn't even want to sit down. We didn't eat breakfast here. Even my children didn't want too.

The worst thing was the evening receptionist when we complained about the above to him, he shouted at us, he had been drinking and was racially abusive to us. He refused to get a manager as he would get fired. At one point he told us unless we spoke Russian or German to him he would longer converse with us. His words were " who do you English think you are, why do you think you should have everything. Who do you think you are just because you are English, the English are nothing you should look at other countries history to realise you are not important!

That is the short version his tirade went on for some time, even as we walked away he was still shouting at us. There was another family who had the same issues with the male receptionist so it's not an isolated incident.

Also the manager was meant to speak to us the following day....he didn't turn up at the time stated and when we checked out lo and behold the same male receptionist was on shift.......I doubt he was even spoken to about his drunken abusive behaviour.

PLEASE DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!!!!!

Room Tip: There aren't any!
Stayed October 2012, travelled with family