“amazing...”

Ranked #28 of 65 Hotels in Protaras
London, United Kingdom
“amazing...”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

few weeks ago i came back from the best holiday ever, me and my boyfriend were looking forward to go especially to this hotel... and definitely will go back next year.we had a brilliant time ,entertainments did they job very good,and staff was very helpful and friendly.... there was not problem at all in whole two weeks... meals were lovely, and loads of choices to choose from...drinks were amazing, barman were really nice and i loved talking to him...i cant say any bad words about hotel...pool was beautiful,big,and very clean, ....i will definitely come back again.i cant wait for next year.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank susan k

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Bishop Auckland, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Myself, my wife and my 5 year old son have just returned from an excellent holiday in protaras, staying at the tsokkos beach hotel, a great hotel which offered great value for money.
Upon our arrival our cases were carried to our room by one of the staff members, the rooms were a little dated as other reviews state but spotless clean and we had no complaints.
The food here is excellent, the restaurant is clean and waiting staff very friendly.
The pool area is large and there are plenty of beds (apart from when the yearly local festival was on). Our Thomas cook rep was very friendly and helpful.
The entertainment team here are brilliant, loads of great games and quizzes during the day and night, they really helped make our holiday more enjoyable.
We were in Cyprus for a wedding and other friends of ours who were staying in other hotels commented on how good our pool and entertainment was.
All in all, one of the best holidays we have had, no complaints about our hotel, we are already planning our next stay at the tsokkos beach hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Richardstout
Newcastle
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I arrived with wife and daughter may 24th 2012 really looking forward to a well deserved family holiday, sadly it was the worst holiday experience I have ever encountered, I thought it was just me being picky but spoke to several families who have been travelling to the same hotel for years and they told me it was the worst it has ever been, and they also informed me they would never return.

I find that very sad as any hard working person looks forward to their annual break and spends a lot of money for a basic not luxury, just basic hotel, sadly this did not meet the lowest of standards.

I won't go into details and name and shame people as it is not appropriate, but the staff I found very unhelpful. Hotel standard was very poor, to be honest some areas very dangerous. I know people say a lot of people moan, but in this case it was warranted so much we have contacted the holiday company not for compensation but to investigate the hotel etc.

Not for a family holiday, protaras a beautiful resort Cyprus fantastic country.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank DM671974
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2012

This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. We have travelled to Cyprus numerous times and How people think loose stair and balcony rails are acceptable is beyond me, especially when they have young children. This hotel is 'extremely' dangerous and I witnessed numerous accidents which resulted in ambulances having to be callled. This is not what you expect or want when you go abroad on holiday. The ceiling fell in on some children playing pool in the games room one evening

The staff are rude and not very helpful. Some people we spoke to go have gone to this hotel for 10 years and confirmed it had 'gone down hill' this year and would not be returning.

Am I just missing something but if the brochure advertises a sauna/steam room, childrens play room and hairdressers, then even if you aren't going to be using these facilities you still expect them to be available for guests who may do want to use them. Is this not false advertising ???

The hotel managers over friendly behaviour was sometimes inappropriate towards his staff and some of the guests, depending on your hair colour and figure !!!

The food was not covered and left for the flys to feast on - not very hygenic. There was no effort to even make the dining room look nice, maybe a few flower decorations here and there would make it look at bit more appertising.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank jane m
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We have just returned from our 5th stay at the Tsokkos Beach Hotel, Protaras, Cyprus, and what can i say, apart from thank you for another great stay!

Checking in went smoothly upon arrival.

Rooms:
We had a room for 2 (myself and my 14 year old daughter) and it was lovely and clean. Great sea/pool view.

Restaurant:
The restaurant is very spacious and light. Good air conditioning. Plenty of food choice at breakfast, ranging from a full English, continental,cereals, fruit. The list was endless and included freshly made pancakes this year which went down extremely well with us!
Lunch time was no different.Lots of choice, including fresh salads, fish, meats, and good choice for young children.
Dinner, again, had a great choice though did get a little repetitive.

Bar:
The bar staff were friendly,attentive and it was great to see some familiar faces! Nothing was too much trouble.

Pool:
The pool area is well maintained, apart from some broken umbrellas. There was always plenty of sunbeds, and we also used the Hotels pool towel 'hire' for the first time. It was just a small deposit of 5 euros per towel, which you got back at the end of the week,on returning the towels. You could change them for fresh ones every day.

The overall cleanliness of the hotel was second to none. The maids worked very hard, day and night.

Location:
The location is pretty much perfect. 3 minutes either way out of the hotel and you're either at the beach, or the resort centre.

i was a little worried when i booked, as this year is the first time we have been during school holidays, so i thought standards may slip,but i happily proven wrong.

All in all, it was yet another brilliant holiday at Tsokkos Beach. Even the hotel manager carried my suitcase to the coach on departure! That's what you call service!

i really would try this hotel out for yourself and don't be put off by negative feedback. Everybody is different.

Room Tip: I would choose a higher floor if possible (there are 4), and try not to be near to the staircase, as...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank k73k
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel last year with my wife and 8 vyear old son we payed £1800 for two weeks all inclusive Witch I considered excellent value we have rebooked for this year in October it cost £2000 . Fed up of reading these reviews people moaning about triviall things when we stayed you got the same people complaining day after day. what do you want for your money ? if your looking for five star luxury with cuisine to match something you would get in the carribean then this is not the hotel for you in fact you won't find anything like that in protaras. The nearest thing would be capo bay hotel where you would pay three times the price and not all inclusive. I have been holidaying in protaras for the last 13 years and stayed in many different hotels , apartments and villas.but I consider tsokkos beach one of the best value for money. Yes the rooms are dated but I don't sit looking at my room all day I just shower and sleep there. No the sauna isn't available but I don't want a sauna in 30 degree heat, yes there are loose railings and holes
In Walls and so on and so on but this is cyprus not england you do get this sort of thing in my experience .My wife and child are very fussy eaters but they could always find something to eat at mealtimes I thought the food was good . We went with the intention of eating out 50 percent
of the time as the local resteraunts are so good, but only did twice. The alcohol I had no problems with as much as you like no problem and the Keo was not watered down . To sum it up good hotel ,good location , good food , good beer (for european all inc standard),very clean , nice staff .I got exactly why I expected for my money. This is a budget all inclusive hotel. People book these sort of holidays and expect to much in my opinion .

• Stayed October 2011
6 Thank Shazmarkbj
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Travelled on 23/05/12 for a fortnight all inclusive. When arriving at the hotel found it to be very dated and expected to see Basil Faulty at the reception.Our room was very dated and we were very dissapointed as we'd paid over £2200 for the holiday although must add room was clean the bed was like sleeping on concrete. If you like BBC world news on TV then you'll be fine as only english channel on the ancient TV.No tea or coffe making facilities in the rooms either.The only plus point for this hotel is the pool was nice and very clean. Food we thought was terrible and nothing seemed to go together meat was always very dry and no refrigheration at all on salad bar with flies all over it.Drinks at the bar were very poor quality dont expect to get tipsy on them you'll be dissapointed. If your diabetic limited to water or diet coke the latter of which the hotel ran out of one day so complaint was made to the manager.Facilities at the hotel are very poor especially for kids, no play area for them and play room was full of junk and inaccessible.Jacuzzi , sauna and massage rooms were permanantly locked and gym was always open which had no one to supervise, if you have young children we though accident waiting to happen as right next to toilets. No disabled toilets and cubicles very small even for petite people.Toilets are located under the hotel with access via stairs or lift not ideal for elderly people. All bannisters and railings around the hotel were very loose and not fixed correctly.Decorators were painting corridoors near toilets all walls were wet with paint yet no signs to say so. When we were there it was a cypriot water festival and they were allowed to over run the hotel and eat and drink in the restaurant free of charge they were very ignorant and arrogant as paying guests we felt we had paid to suppliment their meals and drinks which made a lot of guests very angry. The hotel had ambulances there every day as lots of accidents which ive never seen before in any hotel. Parasol was not fixed to base and an elderly lady was hit on the head when it blew out of its base resulting in 4 stitches and 2 black eyes her husband was also cut right down his forearm. The entertainment was very poor although the Thomas cook reps were very friendly they are limited to what they can do, each night very repetitive with Bingo, play your cards right etc.We found a lot of the staff very unhelpful and even monitoring certain peoples drinks. There were a lot of complaints made to Thomas cook and we will take our complaint a lot further now we are home. Protaras is a beatiful resort just the hotel was terrible we would advise you to stay elsewhere this hotel is a 1 possibly 2star rating at very most.Have mainly videos for our complaint if anyone needs them please contact me.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple