“Best Wedding Location Ever”

Cavo Maris Beach Hotel
Ranked #13 of 65 Hotels in Protaras
Reviewed 19 May 2011

How people can give bad reviews on this hotel i cannot understand. we have recently married at this hotel and can honestly say that it was a dream and fantasy come true, the wedding and co -ordinators were fantastic and could not have done more for us. From the moment we arrived the hotel, staff and location could not have been better. This hotel beats any 3 star rating by far and should definitely be a 4 star or 4 + star. the food was excellent. do not listen to any bad reviews, we had come across them, but chose to ignore and make our mind up for ourself and i can honestly say that if we were to get married again tommorow this is the hotel we would go back to.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dennisa1342

Reviewed 11 May 2011

I would just like to say after reading the "bad" reviews on this hotel it makes me laugh because we have been going to this hotel since 1990 and we think that it is the best hotel and we would not go anywhere else. The service that we recieve is 5 star and always has been and always will be you can not fort this hotel what so ever. The staff always make you feel welcome from when you arrive to when you depart they go out of there way to make your stay the best.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Best_things1952
Reviewed 5 January 2011

I have stayed at the Cavo Maris previously so this decided our choice of holiday as it was our first holiday on which we took our 2 year old Grandson. The baby pool is perfect for toddlers and right next to the pool bar (may I add we took it in turns to have drink free days so one of us was always alchol free !). We went all inclusive and for the first time took notice of the kids menu which I kept adding chips and calories to my food ! using the kiddies choices such as chicken goujons and lots of veg and fruit from the main menu I felt I gave my Grandson a balanced diet before I let him enjoy the many ice creams available . The staff were happy to warm milk and fill beakers for bedtime and helped in every way requested. We will be taking him back with us next October. Thanks to all at Cavo Maris.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Babypuggies
Reviewed 27 November 2010

It was one of the worst hotels I have ever visited if not the worst considering the 110 euro per night I was charged with. Waiters and most of the staff seemed like they were staring into space most of the time, they were not helpful and didn't seem to speak any language in the world whatsoever (we tried English, Greek and Swedish). The rooms are clean but they are so dated you feel like you went back in time. The 95 year old fridge/cooler whatever you might call that, in the room was locked and they charged 2 euro per day if by any chance you wanted to use it. Mind you temperatures in Cyprus rise up to 45 degrees C in the summer...so I am not sure why a hideous hotel like that charges for using a cooler that I am not sure works at all to store from water to baby food.
The beach in front of the hotel is small and so is the pool considering the vast amount of guests it can house.
Breakfast is just ridiculous I can't even begin to tell you of all the plastic food we had.
I will always regret how much I spent on a hotel whose staff doesn't even seem to care about.
If they want to charge 110 euro per night I think they should renovate it and hire a chef and staff who can communicate politely in at least one language spoken by the guests.
HIDEOUS

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gesteco
Prcavo, Public Relations Manager at Cavo Maris Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2010

The vast majority of our guests do not consider our hotel as being “hideous” and of course neither do we. This review can be compared to all the other reviews on TripAdvisor.

80% of our staff is Greek Cypriot and 99% of our staff speaks English (with the exception of a maintenance labourer and 2 gardeners who are not fluent in English). Therefore almost everybody speaks Greek and English and nobody, who does not speak at least English, has ever been employed. The overall comments about our staff are nothing but praise for their helpfulness and politeness.

Our mini-bars are NOT 95 years old and we do not have fridge/coolers in the rooms, we only have mini-bars which are free when fully stocked and chargeable when required empty. They are in perfect working condition and of course, we have special arrangements for keeping baby food. Cold water is always available in our rooms free of charge in a thermos and every floor is equipped with a water dispenser allowing the guests to refill their thermos as many times as they want free of charge.

Our Chef has been working in this profession for 40 years now and, as a matter of fact, his qualifications are often used for many training firms and professional institutes for training purposes. The comments usually received about our food are very good and the overall score regarding our food, as summarised by evaluating our guest questionnaires is 9/10.

Our swimming pool is 472 square metres with a capacity of 600 cubic metres of always crystal clear water and we have never had any complaints that it is small.

Reviewed 22 October 2010

This is our umteenth visit to the CAVO MARIS which must say something about our feelings about it. The staff have always got a genuine smile and a good sense of humour which when you hear the way some of the customers speak to them is really amazing especially at the end of the season.
We always stay B&B so we can only comment on that, there is a good choice of breakfast foods which seems to be acceptable to the many nationalitys who holiday at the CAVO, certainly to me.
The position of the hotel for us is spot on as we can have a gentle stroll into PROTARAS (20mins) and make use of the many good eating locations an when finished, return to the hotel and have a drink of some sort before going to bed.
We think that for a hotel which is only three star that they are getting things correct and we will certainly be returning.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Hotel first class staff very helpfull Food excellent pool clean rooms comfy and clean

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2010

unfortunately this has taken me a year to write this as i have been in and out of hospital with my baby, but feel i can not let it pass to tell you how wonderful the cavo was... I went there to get married in the beautiful paralimni town hall and stayed at cavo maris for 2 weeks, with my mum and dad, my 4 children aged 1,13,16,18 and my sons 18 year old friend.. What a wonderful place, it is set in the most beautiful grounds, with so many sun beds you never have the worry of not finding one.. the rooms were clean with lovely views over looking the bay, the food was delicious, the staff amazing and so helpful especially our lovely John, Karina and Styliana..

Here there are no wrist bands, they have waiter service, I have never stayed in an all inclusive hotel with waiters there for your every need, no queing to get your drinks, you are seated in the lovely restaurant, your drinks order taken while you get your food.. This place really is a hidden gem..The one little down side was that the entertainment was very dated. i always believe you should never visit a place twice as there is a whole world out there to see, but the cavo maris will hopefully definately see us again (when we have saved up our pennies)... Hope to see you all soon CAVO MARIS x

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family