“Value for money”

Ranked #14 of 66 Hotels in Protaras
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Having read other reviews was tempted to go and was not disappointed.
First the appearance looked like 4/5* star,excellent staff on reception on checking in at 11-45 pm was ask if we would like a sandwich. Was given key card and safe key(no charge) and then got to room to find a decent size room and get this free air con that worked fantastic very little noise and kept the room cool in temperatures of 40* plus breakfasts plentiful catering for all tastes. Buses to protaras or ayia napa €1-50 single or €5 for a day ticket any distance. Staff during the ten days we were there worked tirelessly through breakfast then cleaning rooms and then onto waiting on through lunch and in the pool snack bar. Towels changed frequently rooms cleaned everyday. The room in fact was spotlessly clean throughout. I/we both agree that the staff are a credit to the hotel,thank you for a great holiday and we very much hope to be back in the future if not next year

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Prcavo, Public Relations Manager at Cavo Maris Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear RHINO5,

Many thanks for your excellent review following your recent stay with us in June 2014.

We noted with pleasure your comments:
- tempted to go and was not disappointed
- appearance looked like 4/5* star
- excellent staff on reception
- decent size room and with free air con
- room was spotlessly clean throughout
- breakfasts plentiful catering for all tastes
- staff are a credit to the hotel

We are really very happy to read that our efforts are appreciated by our guests. Putting things down correctly is highly appreciated. Indeed, everything you have described in your review about our hotel is absolutely correct and reflects the real quality of our standards and services.

We go out of our way for our guests' comfort and our fully satisfied repeat guests of about 40%, proves that. We are happy to see that you "very much hope to be back in the future if not next year" when we will gladly welcome you to our "Happy Repeaters" group.

On behalf of the team of the Cavo Maris Beach Hotel, we thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday for taking the time to write this review. We certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel.

The Cavo Maris Beach Hotel Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Norfolk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is my third visit to the Cavo Maris Beach Hotel, and this is due to the undeniably excellent all-round service I have - from the kindly room cleaners who are sweet natured and polite right through the team to top level management... all exemplary!!

I am absolutely shocked to read negative reports regarding this hotel. I have always found it pristine in cleanliness, the food caters for all tastes, is fresh and each menu is thoughtfully devised to enable a wide choice.

I have always been susceptible to 'holiday-tum' during my extensive worldwide holidays, staying in 5-star hotels, and can honestly say I have NEVER suffered staying at Cavo Maris, although higher rated luxury hotels have been unclean, poor staff, bad service and disgusting food.

I am planning my second visit of the year shortly. This will be my fourth stay here. I intend to book 2 holidays a year at this hotel. As a lone traveller, I appreciate the feeling of being safe, knowing I won't become sick from the food and I appreciating that the staff and management would always be there for me if I were to need their assistance in any way.

Please do not take notice of the poor reports from travellers who quite obviously enjoy complaining for the sake of it... Being impolite to those who are trying their best to assist you, only draws negativity from the source - good manners cost nothing!!

Room Tip: I have stayed in rooms facing the mountains at the front, and also a side-sea view room overlooking...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bunnyhugs500
Dear Bunnyhugs500,
Many thanks for your wonderful review following your recent stay with us in June 2014.
We noted with pleasure your comments:
- undeniably excellent all-round service
- kindly room cleaners who are sweet natured and polite
- the team to top level management... all exemplary!!
- pristine in cleanliness
- food caters for all tastes, is fresh and each menu is thoughtfully devised to enable a wide choice
- have NEVER suffered staying at Cavo Maris
- planning second visit of the year
- feeling of being safe
- the staff and management would always be there for me if I were to need their assistance in any way.

We go out of our way for our guests comfort and our fully satisfied repeat guests of about 40%, proves that. We are also absolutely shocked and disappointed to read negative reports regarding our hotel which usually are inaccurate. Some people see TripAdvisor as a way of punishing us in cases where any unreasonable requirements from them are not satisfied. They even sometimes clearly warn us!! “If not…then see our comments on TripAdvisor…”

Please note that our hotel is widely accepted (by our guests and our Co-operators), as one of the best 3* hotels. Many of our guests are pleasantly surprised and are asking us, wondering why our hotel is only a 3 star hotel. We are greatly pleased and honoured for that. As a matter of fact our hotel fulfils all the specifications of a 4 star hotel and compares favourably with many of them.

Finally, thank you for your advice to people to “not take notice of the poor reports from travellers who quite obviously enjoy complaining for the sake of it”. Unfortunately however, there is also a certain segment of guests who consider the internet as an excellent weapon to seek benefits promising an “excellent” review if satisfied or a “terrible”, punishing and revengeful review, if not.

On behalf of the team of the Cavo Maris Beach Hotel, we would like once again to thank you for putting things so right. We are very glad to hear that you are planning your second visit for the season and we certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel.

The Cavo Maris Beach Hotel
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Just returned from this hotel and I can honestly say this is the strangest all inclusive package I have ever been on!!!! You get given a card and everything you eat/drink you have to wait for a receipt to sign and hand back to the staff and if they take to long and you walk away they chase after you....really I don't see the point? what's wrong with just wearing a band!!! The food selection is minimum and I did not enjoy the food everything had too much salt on even my kids wouldn't eat much, the drinks selection is also poor I also got the feeling once the staff got to know you was all inclusive they became lazy in serving you, don't get me wrong the staff seemed nice and friendly but to me it's like they've been told my management to give all inclusive guests minimum drinks u can, my little girl loved the milkshakes at the pool bar but I think he got fed up having to make them so was putting no syrup in them so then she would complain to me why r they horrible now, which is unfair when I have paid extra for the AI package (not like we are greedy but i did pay extra so my kids can have drinks whenever without nagging for money every 2mins) I ended up eating out every evening and skipping dinner most days I've never spent so much money on an all inclusive!!!! Which defeats the object... The hotel itself is nice and clean and the layout is good but I personally wished I went bed and breakfast. The room was nice to, we had pool view and a big balcony, also for reference if you are visiting for the first time there is a sensor by the patios which controls the electricity in the room, i was baffled why my tele etc kept turning off until i gave up and reception sent someone up to explain that if there no movement or curtain covers it it will turn electricity off. The walk to the bars/shops for me pushing a baby and a 4yr old was 30mins there is alot of choice and the restaurants were lovely monti had to be my favourite. I did really like Protaras nice and friendly and perfect for family's. I will definitely return to Cyprus but unfortunately to a different hotel but that is my personal opinion i was disappointed as I was really looking forward to my stay there

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Sarahxx14
Prcavo, Public Relations Manager at Cavo Maris Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Sarahxx14,
Many thanks for your review following your stay with us in June 2014.

We thank you for your comments regarding:
- staff nice and friendly
- hotel nice and clean and layout good
- room nice, with pool view and big balcony

We are very sorry that we did not manage to reach your expectations. More importantly, we apologise for not being given the opportunity (during your stay) to rectify matters for your better satisfaction. We have thoroughly checked all department log books and further investigated with our Managers and Department Heads if they had any indications from you about our All Inclusive System or the quality of our food and drinks and found nothing relevant. We wish to assure you that should we have received any comments from you regarding your individual preferences, we could have certainly done something for you.

We go out of our way for our guests’ comfort and the proportion of our fully satisfied repeat guests of about 40%, who return year after year, proves that. Our main concern is to meet the needs of all our guests.

Perhaps you also noticed that, in your case, when we identified the size of your family, we upgraded your room type, free of charge, from our Twin/Double to a family room.

We are really disappointed with the contents of your review and sincerely do not understand the REAL reasons of the upload. In any case, they are definitely not the ones you mentioned in the review, as they are inaccurate and quite offensive. We just consider them as an effort to harm our business reputation. You comment on our staff as being “nice and friendly” on the one hand, but on the other hand following instructions of the management, being “lazy”, that they get “fed up” then serve minimum drinks, making “horrible drinks” and are not following drinks’ recipes. You will agree with us however that, thrusting the opinion of a 4 year old is quite risky.
We are really sorry... NO COMMENT!

Regarding the All Inclusive system, please be advised that when we first offered this package, we also had the coloured wrist band system. After many problems, we had to replace it with the "card & signing bills" system as a lot of guests did not like to feel noticeable and "marked". We carried out a survey among our guests for over 3 months which showed that more than 75% preferred the “card” system.

We also had operational problems with the wrist band system, regarding our cost control over our staff and those "unconcerned" All Inclusive guests offering drinks to non All Inclusive guests. The system of signing bills eliminated these problems. As a matter of fact, it is now impossible to distinguish if a guest is on All Inclusive or Bed and Breakfast etc. The service and the system is exactly the same to everybody. We are really sorry that this system did not meet your approval. However, we do not agree with the way you describe it in your review. You simply order your drinks, they are served to you at your table , at the same time you are handed a ticket for signing, you sign it… and that’s it!!! It is only a matter of seconds!!! You never “wait for a receipt” and nobody “chases after you if you walk away”.

Your statement “The food selection is minimum” really surprised us.
Our buffets are based on a 14 day rotation and they include daily:
Soups
3-4 types of freshly made bread
3 types of butter
A choice of cold meats
8-10 freshly made salads with local vegetables
6-8 refreshing salad dressings
8-10 hot dishes including:
many theme nights, carvery night, local speciality nights, international nights, fresh barbecue nights with live cooking, 1-2 types of fish, 1-2 types of pasta, freshly prepared variety of cooked vegetables, etc.
4-6 different types of fresh local fruits
6 different flavours of ice cream
4 freshly made sweets and puddings.
We wonder what else is really needed for the food of a 3 star hotel to avoid being characterised as “minimum”…

As already mentioned, our main concern is to cater for the needs of all our guests, which is quite difficult due to the nature of our guests consisting of various different nationalities, different age groups and/or family status and mainly having different tastes or habits, (ie due to religious beliefs, medical restrictions, such as being gluten-free, on a salt-free diet, being diabetic etc.).

Either way, you will agree with us that matters of very personal taste are even very common among members of the same family, ie. some members of a family like or dislike the same food!

Our Food & Beverage Manager, our Chef and our Restaurant & Bar Managers (if informed) take special care and attend to guests individually for their full satisfaction. We are very happy however that, (according to our own customer satisfaction survey), 96% of our multinational guests are fully satisfied with our food.

Regarding your statement “the drinks selection is also poor”, we wish to advise you (or even remind you) that our Bar menus include over 120 items . Is that really considered a “poor selection”?

According to our records (Restaurant Control Sheet) you only missed 1 (one) dinner throughout your stay with us. It is rather a shame that as per your statement you were “eating out most nights”.

All our rooms are equipped with a device that automatically turns off the electricity when there is no human presence in the rooms. Unfortunately, they look very similar to cameras and that is why, a very clearly visible sign next to it informs guests that it is an “energy-saving sensor” and that the “air condition will not function with open balcony doors”. The system can be deactivated if a guest requests it, either for medical or other reasons.

In some cases, guests cover the devices with the curtains or clothes garments. We are sorry that this happened to you but we are sure that following the explanation from our Reception, the matter was satisfactorily resolved.

Nevertheless, we apologise again for not having being given the opportunity to rectify the situation during your stay and thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel, even though in a negative way giving us the chance to explain.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

just got back from Cyprus. very hot. the hotel is clean and very friendly meals were superb for those who eat mostly English . although they put on different theme nights for food . entertainment mediocre . has its kids club . kids that were there seemed to enjoy themselves and no trouble to those wanting rest and relaxation . I was highly pleased all round . 15 minutes walk into protaras for the night life . bus stop outside to aiyanapa 1.50 euro 2.50 at night .

Room Tip: sea facing ideal or side view which overlooks the sea and the pool
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Prcavo, Public Relations Manager at Cavo Maris Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear keith r

- hotel is clean
- very friendly
- meals were superb
- highly pleased all round

It really is rewarding when people such as your good selves take the time and effort to acknowledge our efforts, encouraging us to continuously improve our services and standards.

We thank you again for your kind words and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to our Cavo Maris Beach Hotel in the future.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

After staying in Paphos & Limassol, Protaras (Cavo Maris hotel) was the last stop on our travel itinerary and the last stop before returning on an 18hr flight home. Up to this point, the quality and service of our Paphos & Limassol hotels was excellent, the Cavo Maris however failed to meet our expectations and I will share why:
1. The room we were given was on level 1 which was directly above the front entrance so we were constantly woken up by busses, cabs and anyone else being dropped off/picked up from the front entrance. Even through our glass sliding door was closed, the noise coming from these sources was absolutely unacceptable, our windows would shake whenever a buss arrived.
2. The cleaning ladies were the most obnoxious, annoying, disrespectful people I have ever come across in a hotel environment. We were woken up on a daily basis to the sound of loud cleaning karts being pushed along the corridors and to the sound of these women yelling and screaming out to each other from which ever room they were cleaning, not to mention the buzzing from their walkie talkies, and the loud screeching from furniture constantly being moved around from the room above they were cleaning. If you plan to sleep in past 9am then this is not the hotel for you. If you plan to have a quiet nap during the day then again this is not the hotel for you as the contesting sound from the cleaning ladies voices & their cleaning activities together with the bus/vehicle engine sound outside will be sure to keep you awake.
3. On a few occasions we were woken up to the sound of drilling, when I called reception to ask if there was any work currently being conducted in the hotel, they assured me that they were not aware of anything, then shortly after the drilling would stop. We then discovered a new section of the hotel currently in development just down the corridor from our room.
4. The free internet they advertise is only available in the lobbly, one night I went down to the lobbly to make an internet free call and there was no internet, when I asked the night watchman if there was a problem with the internet he rudely replied back in a loud angry voice “How should I know…..etc”

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the side facing the front entrance, you will never sleep.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com

3 Thank Jordan N
Prcavo, Public Relations Manager at Cavo Maris Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Jordan N

Many thanks for your review following your recent stay with us.

We are really sorry that our hotel failed to meet your expectations and we are very disappointed to the extent that at the beginning, we were wondering if the review was referring to our hotel. We are also very sorry that we were not given the chance (during your stay) to rectify any justified matters that could improve the situation.

Very few rooms on the 1st floor are facing the entrance and the parking area. These rooms are offered at much lower rates as they can occasionally be noisy due to guests, co-operators or suppliers with cars, bikes or buses, arriving at irregular hours. They are described everywhere as "inland view", but we have never been advised that there is a constant feeling of an "earthquake" in these rooms. However, our general policy is to always offer a change of room to any guest who is not satisfied with the one initially allocated. We even offer free upgrades of rooms wherever possible. We searched our records and could not find any request from you on this matter.

We are very surprised with your comments regarding our chambermaids. This is the first time that they are mentioned. The contrary is very usual. Generally, they are praised for the way they carry out their work requirements. We have already advised our Housekeeping department to be more careful whilst performing their duties.

With regard to the “drilling”, we also noticed this noise ourselves. We immediately investigated the matter and found out that the noise, lasting only 10 minutes on one single day, was coming from a neighbouring villa where the owners were repairing a small part of their fence. It really was for only 10 minutes!!!

In any case, you have correctly been informed about some improvements in our hotel. Some very quiet works are taking place (they are primarily at the painting and decorating stage). However, you had not correctly discovered that they are "just down the corridor from your room". They are exactly on the opposite wing of the hotel, very far away from your room and the hotel’s main entrance. We feel important to advise you that we have never had comments or complaints about noise, even from rooms positioned directly above, or anywhere near, the improvement works.

Our Housekeeping Department has advised us that it was very difficult for them to properly service your room as the “Do Not Disturb” sign was constantly hanging on the door. As a matter of fact, there were even a few occasions where they could not clean your room at all. Maybe your constant presence in the room was the reason you had experienced all the “noises” that you have described.

We have never advertised anywhere that we offer free Internet in the rooms of our hotel!!! Free Internet (although not a standard facility in a hotel of our classification) is not "only available in the lobby" as you have mentioned. We advertise and do have free Internet, in the Reception area, the Lobby and Lounge area, the "My Space" quiet lounge, the Bar, the open air terrace of the Bar, the TV room, the outside games Play Area, the "Shisha Love" corner, the Restaurant terrace, the Souvenir Shop and terrace and the meeting rooms. Either way, the reason we offer this facility is not necessarily for people to make "free phone calls".

It is normal to experience problems with the Internet but this is very, very rare and for a very short space of time. The Internet (you mention one night only) may stop functioning for reasons beyond our control. When this happens it affects all hotels in our area.

As for the “night watchman” you mention, we have never employed anyone in such a position in our hotel!!! We do have a Night Receptionist who has been working with us for over 20 years. He has always been praised for his politeness and helpfulness. We really doubt that he replied to you in the way described. Either way, he strongly denies it.

Nevertheless, we thank you for taking the time to review our hotel but kindly compare your review with all the other reviews we have received.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was our second family holiday to this hotel and it certainly won't be our last. We are already looking at returning next year. This is a fantastic hotel in a fabulous setting directly on a little beach.
The hotel is spotlessly clean, all the staff are incredibly friendly from those on reception to the fantastic dining room waiters who cannot do enough for you. I would like to name Alexandros in the dining room who looked after us during our week and even remembered us from last year. I must say that a lot of the staff there this May were there last May which to me is a great sign.
It's a family run hotel and it shows they make you feel part of that family.
Pool towels are provided free and because we we're repeat visitors we had a bottle of fizz and a basket of fruit waiting in our room as well as free safety deposit box.
Cannot fault this hotel whatsoever. I can only praise it and say thankyou for making our holiday special. Still can't believe it only has a 3 star rating though it is much better than that. We chatted to a couple that were on their 16th visit to the hotel!!!!! What better advert than that is there?

Room Tip: Book and pay that little extra for a sea view it's amazing.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Louise S
Prcavo, Public Relations Manager at Cavo Maris Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Louise S,

Many thanks for your wonderful review following your recent stay with us.

- fantastic hotel
- fabulous setting
- spotlessly clean
- all staff are incredibly friendly

We go out of our way for our guests' comfort and our fully satisfied repeat guests of about 40% proves that.

We are constantly thinking of and making improvements so that each season our guests can have a more care-free and relaxing holiday. We take into serious consideration our guests constructive suggestions for improvements and adjust our plans accordingly. A lot of our improvements are based on guests’ requirements. This year our guests will find some extra facilities free of charge in their rooms for their added comfort.

We are particularly pleased to read that you "are already looking at returning next year" and we certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Preston, Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We only went for a weekend but wished it was longer and are defin itely going back. Everything was brilliant. The staff lean over backwards to help you and are so welcoming and friendly. The whole place is spotlessly clean. There are loads of sunbeds and umbrellas so you can sit in the sun or shade. The beach is a lovely little hideaway perfect for kids. We only had breakfast but it was faultless with so much choice. Evening entertainment with Mimi was a great laugh as she got everyone up dancing. The karaoke was pretty rubbish but nothing is perfect and we still enjoyed it. Overall we could not fault this hotel and think its rating should be upgraded.

If I had one complaint it would be that if you dont go all inclusive the drinks are pretty expensive but the solution to that obviously is pay extra and go all inclusive.

Room Tip: Pay extra and get a seaview room - it is definitely worth it
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lindcarla
Prcavo, Public Relations Manager at Cavo Maris Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear lindcarla,

Many thanks for your very nice review following your stay with us in May 2014.

- everything was brilliant
- staff welcoming and friendly
- spotlessly clean
- beach is lovely
- breakfast faultless with so much choice

We are really very happy to see that our efforts are appreciated by our guests.

Please note that our hotel is widely accepted (by our guests and our Co-operators), as one of the best 3* hotels, comparing favourably with many 4* hotels. A lot of our guests are pleasantly surprised and are asking us, wondering why our hotel is only a 3 star hotel. We are greatly pleased and honoured for that. As a matter of fact our hotel fulfills all the specifications of a 4 star.

We are delighted to read that you will "definitely" be coming back to stay with us and we certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.